Elections BREAKING - Senate Judiciary Committee issues report on how Trump attempted to overturn Election

heloder

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/07/...utm_term=link&utm_content=2021-10-07T13:06:02

Washington (CNN)The Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday released a sweeping report about how former President Donald Trump and a top lawyer in the Justice Department attempted to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

Trump directly asked the Justice Department nine times to undermine the election result, and his chief of staff Mark Meadows broke administration policy by pressuring a Justice Department lawyer to investigate claims of election fraud, according to the report, which is based on witness interviews of top former Justice Department officials.

The Democratic-led committee also revealed that White House counsel Pat Cipollone threatened to quit in early January as Trump considered replacing then-acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen with Jeffrey Clark, a DOJ lawyer who supported election fraud conspiracies.

After the eight-month investigation, the findings highlight the relentlessness of Trump and some of his top advisers as they fixated on using the Justice Department to prop up false conspiracies of election fraud. The committee report, the most comprehensive account so far of Trump's efforts to overturn the election, described his conduct as an abuse of presidential power.

Last edited:
This stuff is just going to keep trickling out and get worse and worse. Trump basically lied his ass off to convince his rube base that the Dems were doing what, in reality, he was attempting to do...steal an election.

Trump is the albatross around the neck of the Republican party, if they don't kick him to the curb they won't get back the house and senate and corpse Biden will win again easily in 2024.

Put this fat fuck in jail for CLEARLY trying to subvert our government and our democratic process.

Gotta love how Republicans think the Democratic party is a dictatorship when they're the ones that tried to overturn a fair election before finding any evidence of fraud. I guess it doesn't count though because it failed lol.

Gotta love how Republicans think the Democratic party is a dictatorship when they're the ones that tried to overturn a fair election before finding any evidence of fraud. I guess it doesn't count though because it failed lol.

All of that is true, but the scariest thing is, if Trump and his treasonous lackeys had been successful in subverting our Elections, the Republicans still wouldn't think anything was wrong with that.

I can still hardly believe it actually happened, and that most people don't seem to even care. Eventually I feel people will look back at the period between the Election and the Inauguration and realize just how close our Democracy came to failing at the hands of Trump the fascist.

All of that is true, but the scariest thing is, if Trump and his treasonous lackeys had been successful in subverting our Elections, the Republicans still wouldn't think anything was wrong with that.

If I recall correctly there were Sherdoggers advocating for it since it was the right thing for America. Unbelievable.

That is a small snip, seems a lot of he said she said stuff

"According to Rosen, Trump opened the meeting by saying, 'One thing we know is you, Rosen, aren't going to do anything to overturn the election,'" the report says.'' That looks like the most damning evidence and it is a nothing burger

That is a small snip, seems a lot of he said she said stuff

"According to Rosen, Trump opened the meeting by saying, 'One thing we know is you, Rosen, aren't going to do anything to overturn the election,'" the report says.'' That looks like the most damning evidence and it is a nothing burger

<Huh2>

Uh...you might want to read the rest of the article.

This stuff is just going to keep trickling out and get worse and worse. Trump basically lied his ass off to convince his rube base that the Dems were doing what, in reality, he was attempting to do...steal an election.

Trump is the albatross around the neck of the Republican party, if they don't kick him to the curb they won't get back the house and senate and corpse Biden will win again easily in 2024.

Put this fat fuck in jail for CLEARLY trying to subvert our government and our democratic process.
You must be a russiagater... <BronTroll1>

Investigate our media for rigging elections on behalf of lobby interests, and dems for the same crap, or it’s just more nothing. Trump should have focused on the censorship and obvious collusion, along with how covid was used politically, but instead he flakes out about things he wasn’t proving, and has his “legal team” do the same stupid crap. Everybody at the “top” is greedy, immoral, and honestly not big picture wise these days.. That’s really annoying.

I can still hardly believe it actually happened, and that most people don't seem to even care. Eventually I feel people will look back at the period between the Election and the Inauguration and realize just how close our Democracy came to failing at the hands of Trump the fascist.
God bless all the Republicans that showed true integrity and pushed back on his attempt. They'll be called RINO's by the majority of their party but they are the real patriots that defended our democracy.

Investigate our media for rigging elections on behalf of lobby interests, and dems for the same crap, or it’s just more nothing. Trump should have focused on the censorship and obvious collusion, along with how covid was used politically, but instead he flakes out about things he wasn’t proving, and has his “legal team” do the same stupid crap. Everybody at the “top” is greedy, immoral, and honestly not big picture wise these days.. That’s really annoying.
What censorship and collusion?

God bless all the Republicans that showed true integrity and pushed back on his attempt. They'll be called RINO's by the majority of their party but they are the real patriots that defended our democracy.

As much as I hate Romney at times, he was one of the very few in his party that actually stood up against Trump's coup attempt and defended the Nation.

There should be no more elections because only Republicans can get "legitimately" elected. Anyone other than a Republican winning an election is delegitimate.

That's because Republicans live in this bubble where they are the real Americans, the true silent majority, the real patriots not to mention America's guardians of truth and morality as a result if a Democrat wins it must somehow be illegitimate.

Real account along with sane and well adjusted now what media rigging, censorship and collusion?
I really wouldn’t know where to start. If you can’t see THAT, then there is no place to start. Honestly no offense.

Back