*BREAKING NEWS* Wandy, Fitch and others meet with NFL Players' Association

lol @ the NFLPA being the most powerful sports union.

MLB's Player Union >>>> NFL's and it isn't even close.

Yup and no one gives a shit about baseball anymore because of their players union. Good job.

An MMA union started by a bunch of has beens? Not likely. If a union is ever going to happen the big names that still have a legit fighting career need to be the center of it. That won't happen.

This

Yup and no one gives a shit about baseball anymore because of their players union. Good job.

huh?
They averaged 30,346 per game last year & 73,739,622 total

WTF are you drinking?

huh?
They averaged 30,346 per game last year & 73,739,622 total

WTF are you drinking?

Check the viewership and the world series ratings. It's no where near the early 90's before the strike. Attendance figures you posted are misleading.

Wanted to let you know that you are completely wrong on the game shoe thing. Can Newton is with underarmour and his cleats are always visible. You cannot wear anything on your jersey or helmet or hat on the sideline other than Nike

You are right on no alcohol sponsors

You think I'm wrong? Prove it.

If Cam wears his UA's he needs to put tape over it which coincides with his team's dominate shoe color (white/black..etc).

Nike supplies the entire uniform.

Lol, mmk. Not being a pop-tart or catering to the delusional masses doesn't equate to being boring. Then again it's opinion & subjective and I can see the analogy being used.

i didnt say me i like some of his music but im not gonna die if he doesnt make another album

An MMA union started by a bunch of has beens? Not likely. If a union is ever going to happen the big names that still have a legit fighting career need to be the center of it. That won't happen.

Agreed. What good is a union formed by two guys who can't get a job in the UFC?

If Cam wears his UA's he needs to put tape over it which coincides with his team's dominate shoe color (white/black..etc).

The UA logo is visable on Cam's shoes

From NFL uniform rules..

Players are required to wear two socks on each foot; a combination of white and their team color for each leg. Wearing only one of the socks is a violation of NFL rules and will result in a fine. Socks must be pulled up over the calf and meet with the uniform pants at the knee. Players are allowed to choose their own shoe but it must be of the color chosen by the team at the start of the season. Kickers and punters are allowed to wear a special kicking shoe of a different color. Any tape on a shoe must be opaque or the same color as the shoe. Shoes may not contain logos, symbols or writing unless approved by the league. The laces on the shoes must be the same color as the shoe.

Some kickers also wear Adidas as they are former soccer players :) no pro sports league in the USA can require players to wear specific brands as those are viewed as personal preference

Last edited:

I disagree. A select few big names are not what will bring power to a union. It's strength in numbers; the average fighters that make up 75%+ of the fights will be the power base. Who would pay any more than $10 to see a card with 1 or 2 fights, big names or not. The intent of unions is not to protect a select few big names. Their purpose is to protect the "common man'.

Didn't think in my lifetime I would see Wanderlei's visual equal, let alone they would take a picture together.

10919302_1568349516733232_1037479247_n.jpg

I disagree. A select few big names are not what will bring power to a union. It's strength in numbers; the average fighters that make up 75%+ of the fights will be the power base. Who would pay any more than $10 to see a card with 1 or 2 fights, big names or not. The intent of unions is not to protect a select few big names. Their purpose is to protect the "common man'.

Your claim has yet to be proven. Boxing has top heavy cards that sell. There would always be scabs willing to fight for scraps to fill out the card.

Check the viewership and the world series ratings. It's no where near the early 90's before the strike. Attendance figures you posted are misleading.

What?
How are they misleading?

You are actually comparing ratings from 20 years ago????

If these Rebook payouts aren't outstanding I could totally see this being the trigger for a union. A drastic cut in sponsorship money is enough to upset this whole applecart.

If these Rebook payouts aren't outstanding I could totally see this being the trigger for a union. A drastic cut in sponsorship money is enough to upset this whole applecart.

That's going to be the big question. How much are they going to get from Reebok? We've seen lots of details on rules, but zero numbers. It could end up being a great thing if they do it right, but the UFC isn't known for doing the right thing when it comes to sponsorships and fighter pay.

Back