*BREAKING NEWS* Wandy, Fitch and others meet with NFL Players' Association

lol @ the NFLPA being the most powerful sports union.

MLB's Player Union >>>> NFL's and it isn't even close.

1000 percent correct. MLB has no salary cap, highest salaries, etc...

NFL has one of the weakest player unions.

How does a union get started by a bunch of guys not in the UFC? For this to work you would need men like Silva, Jones, Weidman, Aldo, Lawler, Cain and other big names to all be in and speaking out..

Should be talking to the ATP.

Individual sports are much different than team sports.

They'd be better off without Wand. Ufc fighter's learning from nflpa is exactly what they need, even if it results in a 6 month-1 year strike of ufc or even just the 3-20 guys. But Wand is such a clown who only has himself to blame is only bringing the credibility of the group down

The second guy after wandy kinda looks like rumble...

fitch

"ufc treats guys like animals"

An MMA union started by a bunch of has beens? Not likely. If a union is ever going to happen the big names that still have a legit fighting career need to be the center of it. That won't happen.

I don't mean to single you out as a lot of people say this but What do you base this on?

Because the NFL and MLB unions were not founded by hall of fame type players. I believe they are in the halls because they were instrumental in founding the unions and not their play

The nba is an exception as bob Cousy was one of the top 5 players in the league and began organizing it.

LOL. I'm not a big football guy, but I'm pretty sure their players get butt fucked more than any other major professional athletes in America. Their PA is weak.

How does a union get started by a bunch of guys not in the UFC? For this to work you would need men like Silva, Jones, Weidman, Aldo, Lawler, Cain and other big names to all be in and speaking out..

I ask you the same thing as the other guy. What do you base that on that stars need to lead this?

Does anyone really see the top guys in the UFC striking? The hammer of a union is a work stoppage. Sorry to say, but when the time comes, the guys that perform and earn and are well paid for it aren't going to sit home to make sure some lower guy that is just filling out a card in exchange for his chance to make it to the big show gets an extra 5k.

I ask you the same thing as the other guy. What do you base that on that stars need to lead this?

Because the UFC can just fire anyone associated with the union or association. They need fighters who actually can have leverage with the company.

Creating a union or association in an individual sport is quite hard and they need stars with a good reputation in order to make it happen. Like in tennis, when players created the ATP and WTA.

I don't mean to single you out as a lot of people say this but What do you base this on?

Because the NFL and MLB unions were not founded by hall of fame type players. I believe they are in the halls because they were instrumental in founding the unions and not their play

The nba is an exception as bob Cousy was one of the top 5 players in the league and began organizing it.

In team sports the big stars are forced to go along with it if a critical mass of role players want to unionize because at the end of the day there needs to be role players to fill out all the spots on the team. A NBA team can't exist without role players. Jon Jones for example can still fight, maybe the undercard won't be as stacked but it wouldn't bother him much if the low level guys didnt show up.

union_zpsef2ea82b.jpg

LOL. I'm not a big football guy, but I'm pretty sure their players get butt fucked more than any other major professional athletes in America. Their PA is weak.

lol, still light years ahead of how UFC fighters get treated

Because the UFC can just fire anyone associated with the union or association. They need fighters who actually can have leverage with the company.

Creating a union or association in an individual sport is quite hard and they need stars with a good reputation in order to make it happen. Like in tennis, when players created the ATP and WTA.

It's definitely different for a team sports. As I see it stars must not oppose the union but they don't have to lead

ATP was founded by nobody players. Wta was founded by Billie Jean King so I would mark her in the category like Cousy as a top player responsible for founding

Back