Breaking News: Saenchai Sor Kingstar willing to fight Conor McGregor.

Crimson Glory

Go Pack Go!
@red
Reaction score
Direct from Lawrence Kenshin's Facebook page, source below, scroll down a bit to see the whole thing:

saenchai-.jpg

tumblr_ml7f6hBEYF1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

Breaking: Saenchai, P4P Muay Thai king is willing to fight McGregor. Will be training with Georges St-Pierre and Tristar Gym/coach Zahabi

Saenchai is the greatest pound for pound Muay Thai fighter of this era. He has reigned at the top of Muay Thai for nearly two decades now and is still going strong. Needless to say, he's the idol/hero for most people involved in Muay Thai, as well as many UFC champions.

Sources close to Saenchai have confirmed that he's been interested in MMA for a while, and he has talked about what would happen if he were to fight Conor McGregor. I don't know whether that means he is willing to fight as a replacement for RDA or what. Saenchai could've been training grappling for a while in preparation for a transition into MMA due to the lack of worthy opponents in Muay Thai.

When I asked Firas_Zahabi about how Saenchai would do against McGregor, he said that Saenchai would dust him. Firas has also mentioned that Tristar will be bringing Saenchai to their gym, and him, GSP, and Rory MacDonald will be working together on something very soon.

Apparently Saenchai will be releasing his thoughts within the day -- my sources sent me his brand new official Facebook page
Saenchai and said that they'll be releasing information there

The official statements by Firas and Tristar will also be released sometime soon.

Stay tuned... Shit is about to get crazy! I don't have super high hopes of Saenchai vs. McGregor actually happening but Saenchai has done crazy things before, like fighting 2 of the most decorated stadium champions in 1 night, beating both of them... a 1v2 challenge. He's 52-1 against foreign fighters, has fought multiple times a month (with short notice), always gives up weight, and still takes out the most prestigious MT champions.

From a striking standpoint, I can say that Saenchai would beat McGregor, but I don't know the extent of his grappling training, which could be why he's going to be at Tristar with the greatest MMA wrestler and his coach?

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/LawrenceKenshinBreakdowns/?fref=nf

Haha, crazy, everyone, even the greatest of Thaiboxers want a piece of Conor.

EDIT:

Thought he meant as a replacement for 196, my bad guys. Jumped the gun on that one.

Last edited:
Who cares, there's million of people on this planet who would be willing to fight Conor McGregor for the money.

Would never ever happen and if it did McGregor would just take him down as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

But in a pure stand up battle Saenchai would laugh at McGregor's kicks and sweep his legs out from under him as if it was a little kid he was fighting.

Lol @ fight "fans" who don't know who Saenchai is.

Probably rushed posting this, but I just saw it, had to share.

He's the best Thaiboxer in the world, we're talking P4P number 1.

my dad wants to fight Conor aswell, this is so crazy guys

Lol @ fight "fans" who don't know who Saenchai is.

Do you feel better now that you've told Sherdog how much cooler and more knowledgeable you are than the rest of us ? Shallow waters run deep.

Move silva vs bisping to ufc 196 and wait til UFC 200 for Conor vs rda

my dad wants to fight Conor aswell, this is so crazy guys
Lol.

But does your Dad have the respect of millions of Muay Thai practitioners around the world and is regarded as the best active Muay Thai fighter?

Saenchai is a legend but he's got no business fighting McGregor in an MMA setting

Back