**Breaking News: Floyd vs Pac Talks Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh* Enough of this tit-for-tat shit - seriously. When something significant happens with the negotiations, let's talk about it here, otherwise, move on to other topics. Thanks.

I have a feeling this fight isn't going to happen. We are close to the soft deadline imposed by Arum and still no word from Mayweather.

Considering he mentioned 'Mid July', we probably have at least a week left - still, with Margarito not getting licensed in NV (he has to get his CA license first per their vote that he was reporting in today's chat), his only stablemate choice at this point for the US would be Cotto II, which is a horribly uninteresting match-up.

I started thinking too, when they initially said that all parties agree this came from Arum and not anybody else. Really we dont know what is on that contract that was sent to Floyd. Im being optimistic that it was good contract and we can get it done. but with this fight more than ive ever seen in any other fight any thing can go wrong.

I honestly don't think Cotto will accept a Pacquiao rematch so early (since losing badly again so quickly would kill any momentum he's trying to build up again) so I have to think Arum will now be encouraged to act in (more) good faith on tying up the fight since he really doesn't have a fallback (unless he somehow gets Berto and even then it wouldn't make close to as much money as he'd hope for).

I honestly don't think Cotto will accept a Pacquiao rematch so early (since losing badly again so quickly would kill any momentum he's trying to build up again) so I have to think Arum will now be encouraged to act in (more) good faith on tying up the fight since he really doesn't have a fallback (unless he somehow gets Berto and even then it wouldn't make close to as much money as he'd hope for).

Did you read about the meeting between Pacs advisor(I think it was him) and Cottos crew? They said it was good. What ever that means.

Did you read about the meeting between Pacs advisor(I think it was him) and Cottos crew? They said it was good. What ever that means.

Welp, if Cotto wants to cash out early, that's his choice, because I honestly don't see it going different if it happens and I'd probably not buy the PPV given the uninteresting nature of it.

theres just one problem with that... he wont step in the ring with pac.

123all landing BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!...BANG! BANG!...BANG! BANG!...BANG! BANG!! BANG!! BANG!! BANG!! YOU GONNA THROW SOMETIME? BANG! BANG! BANG!

Team Pacquiao Not Confident: Mayweather Fight in Doubt - Boxing News

The way they talk about Floyd not signing makes me think the contracts not all that and a bag of chips. If everything was agreed to then they wouldnt have any doubts, but Arums saying "hey im open to a fight with Floyd in 2011" My question is if you agreed to everything why would 2011 be any different. Something smells fishy to me.

I wish they would all just shut the fuck up

Its crazy man, in all my years of watching boxing I have never heard of contract negotiations going so terribly wrong. At least on this high of a level where theres so much money

I'm locking this thread since it's nothing but speculation - post a new thread when there is confirmation by someone like Dan Rafael to the fight happening or not happening rather than this circlejerk of "He's to blame for the implosion! No, he is!"; thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back