News BREAKING Mike Tyson was offered a fight with Alexander Emelianenko and Kharitonov

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://mmaboxing.ru/news/news-mma/...ratsya-s-Emelyanenko-i-Haritonovym-50958.html

“Yesterday we got in touch with Tyson. The call was on a different topic, but we discussed his intention to return to the ring. He asked if there was an opportunity to fight in Russia. I offered him to speak in the framework of the WTKF promotion in Belarus. Rivals to choose from - Sergey Kharitonov and Alexander Emelyanenko. Boxing rules match. Status is an exhibition fight, "Khryunov said.

The best Mike should do is some light sparring with head gear on against Holyfield.

Tyson destroys both in his prime and now.

Tyson vs McGregor would be the PPV of the Century

This stuff is ridiculous.

The man said that he wanted to do some glorified exhibition matches. Now, the entire carny freak show fight circuit is pounding down his door.

He even got called out by Tyson Fury's father.

Tyson vs Alex doesn't seem like a good marketing move, "battle of the sex offenders", not sure they should do that

Sergei seems like the type of crazy motherfucker to accept the fight too.

BREAKING: PROMOTERS TRYING TO KILL MIKE TYSON

Mike must need money unfortunately. Supposedly his net worth is only $3 million currently despite earning between $300 and $700 million (!) throughout his career. He probably thinks he needs one more huge payday to take him to the finish line of life comfortably.

Mike must need money unfortunately. Supposedly his net worth is only $3 million currently despite earning between $300 and $700 million (!) throughout his career. He probably thinks he needs one more huge payday to take him to the finish line of life comfortably.

Tyson doesn't need the money. Yeah, he blew a lot of cash, but he has a lot stuff going on right now and has several different streams of income.

Again, he just said that he wanted to do a few exhibition matches. The people offering him these fights are trying to cash in on his name.

Tyson pissed away whatever was left once Robin Givens and Don King were done with him. King literally had his entire family on Tyson's payroll at one point, just siphoning his money away.

An exhibition match. Even so, Aleksandr and Sergei would be wise to stay away. Those exhibitions can turn serious quick and they'd be led to slaughter even against an old retired Mike. I'd watch the spectacle but I'm not paying for it.

A fighter in his mid 50's isn't going to take a shot very well... he needs to stay away from bangers.

The best Mike should do is some light sparring with head gear on against Holyfield.
old scores might come to a boiling point in that one, I could see that getting "real" quick

I've always been a fan of the Emelianenko bros, I love Alex' striking style (was a lot of fun to watch Kirill "Baby Fedor" Sidelnikov emulate his stance in his own fights) and I used to think he would be one of the best HWs to cross over to boxing.
Then Aleks got his debut fight against another Russian who was also debuting, a solid amateur named Khizir Pliev , and even if the official result is a draw, lots of people thought Aleks should have lost the decision. (Pliev only fought 2 more times after that, a win and a loss.)

On Sherdog, the consensus was that they were feeding that poor dude to Aleks so he can have a nice KO on his debut fight, and when the bout turned out to be so competitive, it really made some people rethink their stances on elite MMA boxing vs actual pro boxing
That was only 1 year after Overeem shocked the world and KO'd Badr Hari back in K1, a huge upset that really terminated the "K1 level striking" myth, so it wasn't that earth-shattering, but still...

By the way, I'm looking at Aleks wikipedia page and found this => "
Now Aleksander is going to join Bare Knuckle Fighting, his first fight being a young rising star Tommy "Spuds" Ahern. Arena TBC.

No idea if this is legit or not, and my google-fu failed me... but that would be sweet to have him compete in that sport. Can't find anything on his supposed opponent...

As much as I like Aleks, and even if he beat Sergei during their much anticipate brudge match in PRIDE, I believe Kharitonov would have a better chance. The former is a multiple Sambo world champion who fell in love with his boxing in MMA, while the later is a former amateur who could have made the olympic team in 2004 (and has 3 silver medals); Sergei's base is striking, and he also had a bunch of kickboxing bouts when he transitioned to K1 as the same time as Overeem.

He would do better against ol' Tyson IMHO

Last edited:
We all know Mike won’t have a real exhibition,but that’s the label they will use to get a sanctioned fight and Mike destroys Fedor in one round if he wants and he would .

Those writing Tyson off over a last fight thing are in for a rude awakening if the motivated Mike shows up and is even 80% of what he was because that Tyson still defeats 90% of the top 10 today and the worst guy you can match him with is yes once again Wilder , Mike would decapitate that guy just on the basis he can not cope with that pressure and needs for Tyson to tire out ,so if that’s your reasoning behind thinking he can’t win well.....stop the madness .

Back