Breaking: Manny signs extension with Top Rank through 12/31/16

The big dude from The Program got KOd with one shot.

lat5_display_image.jpg

The film had such great potential, and John Singleton, with his great film, Boyz N da Hood...I really had high hopes for this.

This film was pretty racist within itself. most of the white characters are cowards, insecure, racist, can't fight...and the black folk were ultra Alpha Males, confident etc.

There was several good scenes...some good dialogue between Omar Epps's character and the professor played by Lawrence Fishburne....

The film had such great potential, and John Singleton, with his great film, Boyz N da Hood...I really had high hopes for this.

This film was pretty racist within itself. most of the white characters are cowards, insecure, racist, can't fight...and the black folk were ultra Alpha Males, confident etc.

There was several good scenes...some good dialogue between Omar Epps's character and the professor played by Lawrence Fishburne....

That opening scene with the typical WASPy frat boy (named Billy.... BILLY!?)

Cube: "I apologize,
beautiful black woman, mother of the Earth, queen of the universe"

That opening scene with the typical WASPy frat boy (named Billy.... BILLY!?)

Cube: "I apologize,
beautiful black woman, mother of the Earth, queen of the universe"

Exactly...this scene was so ridiculous...like frat brothers would let their kin be sullied like that...

that whole scene was ridiculous.

It should get anyone who cares about the sport worked up, but not like Seano who is vehemently blabbering on like an blatant fanboy.

The fact of the matter is, these two should be forced to fight or one of them should be forced to retire/move into a different weight class.

If this was boxing 20-30 years ago, this fight would have easily happened all the way back in 2009.

If this was MMA, the trilogy would have already happened.

If this was amateur wrestling, these two would be facing each other a few times a year.

However, it just happens to be that boxing is the probably the only sport in the world that has less integrity than professional wrestling.

That should upset you if you're a fan.

You know shit about MMA...

Fedor never fought couture etc from the ufc.

Ben askren will never fight anyone from the ufc etc.

MMA promotions also protect theirs dont worry, i dont hope you actually believe MMA is paradise because it isnt.

Manny's not exclusive to HBO. The only reason Floyd gives is Arum. It's a weak excuse not to make this fight.

this is the second post i've read about Manny NOT being exclusive to HBO can you proof this with a current link/source, please?

Pac must actually like Arum / believe he is his friend or something

I'm sure GB would bend over backwards to accommodate him

Also he must know the better fights are at GB so Pac clearly doens't care about his legacy any more

That's my point. They don't need each other, Manny's fine with having guaranteed fights over the next couple years, and Floyd makes $70M anytime he fights anyone regardless. (the $32M was just his purse for showing up). Its easy to stand on your laurels with not wanting to make Arum money when life is that comfortable.

If Manny hadn't signed with TR, Floyd would lose his biggest reason to not fight Manny.

You dont have your numbers right. if he makes 32-40 a fight avarage fmj is doing fine. But on a whole atleast we agree that its about business and not who is scared of who. Simply said its about cutting a unneccesary middleman out(BOB) so there is more profit to be shared... FMJ also doent like giving his opponents too much money he is really looking at it like a business.

Why the hell would manny not want to fight mayweather?

I dont know? You should find out why floyd signed to fight him but manny walked away. Crazy right.
When floyd said that pac and his team are fooling you that they really want the fight.

Manny has never signed on any dotted line to fight floyd.

People conveniently forget that pac said he would take less money to fight floyd because that is what the fans want. Then pac gets a call from floyd saying that he would wire manny 20mill of his own money and get the other 20 mill later. That sounds like floyd wanted the fight.

Remember pac said he would take less money...Pac turned down the fight because it wasnt enough. Then turns around and says pac will fight floyd for free. Shit is bipolar

Floyd may be a racist woman beater arrogant son of a bitch but he has never walked away from the fight.

What people are seeing from floyd now is the repercussions of mannys dumbass walking away from the biggest fight in history. What more does floyd have to do to get the fight?

Pac and arum do not want the fight and never have shown other wise besides talking a good fight.

Last edited:
And they walked away and fought Clottey. And laughed at a 40 million dollar offer. Then said he'd fight Floyd for free a couple of months later.

You guys will buy anything.

"You guys" who?

If you do a search, you'll find I've never been in involved much in discussions of whether Pac or Floyd is involved in avoiding the fight (my feeling is that its about money from all involved - ie trying to get the best deal for a one time event). You're projecting.

And to get back to my question, are you seriously saying Pac should let Floyd choose his management team for him? Its such an odd statement (like say Microsoft letting Apple choose their law firm before a business venture) that I wondered if you were joking.

I think Floyd would beat Pac. I think the fight would still make a lot of money. But I can't imagine any circumstances in which it'd be wise to let an opponent veto your management team. Not in boxing, not in computers, not in any venture. Its a weird suggestion.

Still waiting for that GSP-Silva superfight.

yeah , fights that didn't happen because of co-promotion issues was never a problem in mma :icon_conf

I dont know? You should find out why floyd signed to fight him but manny walked away. Crazy right.
When floyd said that pac and his team are fooling you that they really want the fight.

Manny has never signed on any dotted line to fight floyd.

People conveniently forget that pac said he would take less money to fight floyd because that is what the fans want. Then pac gets a call from floyd saying that he would wire manny 20mill of his own money and get the other 20 mill later. That sounds like floyd wanted the fight.

Remember pac said he would take less money...Pac turned down the fight because it wasnt enough. Then turns around and says pac will fight floyd for free. Shit is bipolar

Floyd may be a racist woman beater arrogant son of a bitch but he has never walked away from the fight.

What people are seeing from floyd now is the repercussions of mannys dumbass walking away from the biggest fight in history. What more does floyd have to do to get the fight?

Pac and arum do not want the fight and never have shown other wise besides talking a good fight.

What does Pac have to lose by fighting Floyd? He just lost to a much lesser opponent by a vicious knockout 2 years ago. It would be Pac's biggest payday win or lose. If he won, it would solidify him as the top fighter of this generation, and if he loses, oh well, he wouldn't really lose anything.

I highly doubt half of what you wrote is even true. Unless you worked for Floyd or Pac, there's no way to know what really happened. Each side will blame the other. You really think Manny "negotiates" his fights? He probably just does whatever Arum tells him.

Either way, both guys will miss on big money by missing this fight plus both of their careers will have asterisks on them for failing to fight one another.

Still waiting for that GSP-Silva superfight.

That's a superfight. 2 guys fighting in divisions with 15 lbs. of difference. Manny and Floyd have fought at similar weight for a long time and still do.

Back