Breaking: Josh Thomson not being re-signed by UFC, expected to go to Bellator

Not surprising, except his fight with Diaz, he looked unmotivated and over the hill vs Green, Ferguson and Henderson, it's sad how bad he looked.

Problem with Josh has been the same problem BJ and Lyoto have . When he's on he's fucking on. When he's not, everyone's confused as to how he performs so well sometimes. Confidence is everything I reckon.

I don't agree with any of this generalization, but.... Ok.

BJ simply aged and wasn't nearly as explosive anymore. He became slower and lost a great deal of his fearless aggression. Not to suggest he was fearful or hesitant but he didn't go after it the way he once did. Lyoto is a purebred counterstriker and simply can't always execute the gameplan to perfectly suit him against guys who've watched so much footage on him.

Bellator also signed Pico and Ed Ruth, two more Zinkin guys.

Only Zinkin guys UFC cares about are Cain, DC and Luke, none of them are going anywhere.

UFC will let the others like Davis or Punk or Kos, not sure if Kos is managed by him but they will let Bellator overpay for these guys.

If its a fighter UFC wants to keep they will keep him.

Also it helps ufc that the guys bellator picking up are coming off a lost in ufc. More so with kos and Josh.

wow, that would be a big get for Bellator.

Thomson vs Chandler/Pitbull/Rickels/Awad...

KAPPA-NUT-2---1024x1024_grande.jpg

Saw him fight Benson live and definitely thought he won it, good luck to him in Bellator.

Not 100% that josh is signing with bellator, but i cant help be see a trend here...

Im sure there will be alot of aging fighter with names who will take the phil davis route.. which im completely fine with...

Before, it used to be accept whatever offer the ufc gives u, or regionals...

Its seems like times are changing... bellator seems to be becoming the senor league atm; picking up fighters with names to get rating.. nothing wrong with that... as long as there are options.

I know he got busted up by Ferguson, but he's legit still one of the best fighters in the world. UFC are more interested in girls and midgets fighting, what a fucking joke.

Dude is 1-3 in his last run and can't stay healthy for shit I don't see how this is a bad move

Saw him fight Benson live and definitely thought he won it, good luck to him in Bellator.

i wanted him to win that fight, but under the unified scoring system there is no way he should have gotten the nod. It's definitely frustrating though because we see fights occasionally like that where one guy gets the decision anyways.

Dude is 1-3 in his last run and can't stay healthy for shit I don't see how this is a bad move

To be fair he could just as easily be 3-1. I think the majority had him beating Benson and maybe not the majority but a good portion of people thought he beat Green.

i wanted him to win that fight, but under the unified scoring system there is no way he should have gotten the nod. It's definitely frustrating though because we see fights occasionally like that where one guy gets the decision anyways.

How so? He did much better in the grappling and the striking was mostly even from what I remember, I thought it was a close fight but a clear win for Josh.

Clay Guida and Diego Sanchez just moved up the rankings a little bit.

Anyway, good, he will be a great talent for Bellator.

Feel like Thompson never got the respect he deserved the guy is seriously good

Wins over Gilbert Melendez, Nate Diaz, Duane Ludwig and other respectable names and fought a very close fight with Benson

He might be coming near the end though the guy we seen against Ferguson isn't the normal Josh

losses in row at 37? man in the mirror should be telling you to hang it up.

There's a 100+ fighters at LW. Can't lose 3 in a row, even if most of those losses are split decisions.

it's too bad, he got... perhaps not robbed but he should have won some of his fights where he lost, and he's tough and skilled as hell...

Bellator is getting a really good fighter.

Back