Breaking down the potential replacements for MG

Mike Goldberg. He's a good guy so fuck you. Yes he was a goober sometimes. You're an asshole if you don't wish him a fond adieu.

Here's the Official list of replacements the UFC is considering along with notes.

Jim Rome -- He's a dickcheese. Won't work.
Mario Lopez -- He's the hottest guy on this list and you can't teach that.
Jon Anik - Boring but would probably do a good job of not getting in Rogan's way.
Mauro Ranallo - Nah.
Chael Sonnen - Yes
Eddie Bravo - This would be the best possible solution. We don't need a traditional play-by-play/color commentary team. Joe can do all that shit, and then Eddie can just say whatever. Imagine Eddie Bravo commentating a Damien Maia fight. Mmmmm. This won't ever happen though.

PREDICTION - someone not on this list.

The only person on this list that is charismatic, energetic, and knowledgeable is Sonnen.

Goldberg wasn't the most experienced when it comes to calling the play by play, but he brought energy to the PPV events, and could exude that equally regardless of who the competitors are. Rogen is biased for particular fighters and his play by play breakdown is routinely one-sided. When it comes to lesser ranked fighters, he's significantly quieter and less outspoken.

Frank mir would be cool. Or Dominick Cruz when he retires.

I just finished watching one of the new Joe Rogan podcasts and Eddie Bravo says so much dumb shit. Going off rambling about non sense constantly. I dont want to see another Co commentator that Rogan has to sort out and correct all the time. He would be knowledgeable about the Jiu Jitsu aspects however. I heard that Max Kellermans name was being tossed around ?? I think Chael would be great

In order to break them down you have to know what you are talking about. Some of the guys you listed are analysts, huge fail bro.

I don't get it. They want to get rid of Goldie, yet pretty much all of the stuff I read from MMA fans online is that everyone likes him. I certainly do and would be happy for him to continue on.

Jon Anik would be my only thought for a replacement, as shitty as he is and I would much prefer Goldberg. I don't know who Jim Rome is and Mauro Renallo/Michael Schiavello are cheesey as fuck.

It'll probably be some guy named "Chuck Greengrass" who commentates on baseball for CBSNNBCMSN in America and has never watched MMA before. Either that or WME will really put their stamp on it and bring in Jim Ross and Jerry The King Lawlor.

Eddie bravo lmao

Hope u are trolling, thats all i can say

Signed up just to make this comment.

How about Miesha, or Holly Holm? A technical fighter who was or is still in the game, in other words. Someone who has had to hone their skill, rather than rely on some heroic qualities. If they're an active fighter, just put in a replacement when they're fighting. It would make for an interesting change up. It would also attract a lot more female viewers, broadening the appeal of the sport. Make the analyst be someone who has had to earn their stripes.
Boooooooooring like WMMA itself.

MG stands for the greatest BJJ practitioner of all time Marcio Garcia

Wait we know it's gonna be Meisha. She's a woman, she's sexy as hell, she's a popular fighter and can talk.

Seriously are we pretending this isn't a sure thing? Who wants to bet on this.

If Eddie Bravo gets the job, Goldberg will feel so betrayed.

300x300.jpg

I think best case scenario is they let Eddie Bravo and Joe Rogan team up and talk about the fights just like they do on fight companion. If the fight is boring, or they don't care, then they can start talking about whatever they want to and just get real baked the whole time. Eddie can even talk about 9/11 conspiracies and Joe Rogan can look up youtube videos and talk about them with the audience. Why would anyone not want this?

Back