Breaking: Dillashaw Going DOWN in Weight; Will Fight Cejudo For Flyweight Title @ UFC 233

Who Wins?

• TJ Dillashaw

• Henry Cejudo

Results are only viewable after voting.
God what happened to having to earn a title shot...TJ has barely defended his belt yet and they already want to make him a double champ. We don't even know if he can make that weight, he is shredded at 135 as it is.

Last edited:
Deleted the first thread as this one is clearer given that it has now been revealed that these two are fighting at flyweight. A dead division. Makes complete and total sense.
Business as usual.

Ok there is so much about this that I take issue with.

1) I doubt that TJ makes 125

2) If TJ makes 125 and Henry wins then it'll be nothing but excuses

3) WTF is the point of TJ fighting for a title in a division that is about to get scrapped.

4) Seriously why the fuck are they doing this?
beating the guy who just beat MM in his own division, 3rd simultaneous double champ

Genius move all around from TJ

I don’t think Cejudo can beat TJ, unless the weight cut affects TJ really badly.

Does this mean Dana changed his mind about cutting the flyweight division?

TJ is much more deserving of getting a crack at 2 belts, based on merit. But it's still a weird decision, considering it's happening 26 days after the Flyweight division is getting disbanded.

tenor.gif

So stupid.

Will hurt TJ in the long run no matter what, if he loses muscle mass he'll have to put it back on before returning to BW which he'll have to do because....FLW wont exist anymore.

Also if Cejudo wins he'll get an instant rematch for the 135 belt too....yay.

Champ vs. Champ bouts arent even special anymore. Trying to put this lame fight on the level of GSP vs. BJ II is stupid.

Need a "who gives a shit?" Option in the poll. Not a fan, but I legit wanted to see TJ vs Mighty Mouse, and really wasn't sure who'd win. I don't feel that way about the Cejudo fight. I don't think it will be the same class of fight that we could've had. Only real chance I imagine now is TJ having a bad weight cut.
Not Cejudo's fault. But it's a completely different matchup.

So if Cejudo wins, he'll fight TJ again at 135?

And if TJ wins the rematch, just you wait for the rubber match! Doesnt that make your blood boil?

Said no one. This fight sucks compared to TJ vs. Moraes.

130 lb winner takes it all loser leaves the town steel cage match.

<VinceCa$h>

If cejudo wins and then makes an argument in the octagon that the ufc should keep flyweight because the 125lbs division is one of the most skilled divisions in the ufc and he just proved it and maybe they should cut 135lbs instead since he just beat their champ...........then that would be the worst case scenario for the ufc.

Personally, I don't really want the 125lb division to be cut, so I hope that happens.

TJ is such a great MMA-fighter, in my opinion he deserves the opportunity to become a double-champion and "close" this division.

After that he will clean his division and maybe also the opportunity to get his "triple". Who knows? I want to see this fight.

So they are still making title fights for the division while axing everyone?!

Pulling for Henry, but unless TJ has a rough cut, and comes in hypoglycemic-esque, I can’t see how Henry would win.

Could be wrong though.

This gives them two title fights for the pair. If Cejudo wins he then TJ challenges him for a rematch at 135. If TJ wins by close decision then Cejudo moves up and challenges him for a rematch at 135. Of Cejudo loses by KO/TKO then he moves up to 135 and takes on a top 5 before getting a rematch. Several good paydays for UFC.

Back