Breaking: Dillashaw Going DOWN in Weight; Will Fight Cejudo For Flyweight Title @ UFC 233

Who Wins?

• TJ Dillashaw

• Henry Cejudo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fighting for a belt in a division the UFC has already confirmed is being eliminated?

Mkay.

easy. he protects his belt.
If TJ loses, they get to do this again, now for TJ's belt.

If TJ wins, they get one more "champ-champ"... (see how easy it is to get it now that UFC started allowing champs to move up/down before they even defend their belts?
As for Cejudo, in case of a loss he will probably moved to One after DJ for a big payday (they are 1-1 after all)

Henry did not land a single shot that put DJ in a bad spot. DJ marked up Henry's face and his "ineffective leg kicks" very clearly fucked up his lead leg in round 1. DJ landed the far better strikes.

DJ briefly had Henry down in round 3. Henry got DJ down twice without DJ escaping and did nothing with the TDs.

Henry landed practically no GnP. He landed a lot from the clinch and nothing on the ground.

Nothing was broken but he still had to constantly get it checked up and worked on for months. Source to prove he said he couldn't sleep. He didn't chase a rematch because he was injured. And by the time he got healthy the ONE trade started to get discussed. DJ tried to make the fight happen but him and Dana can never agree on anything.
Henry's strikes were a lot harder than DJ's pitter patter. The commenting team even talked about how hard he was throwing. There's a reason DJ didnt want to stand and bang and would throw a leg kick and back out of exchanges. Henry used the right game plan for a guy who wouldnt trade shots with him and took him down. That leg kick that affected Cejudo happened in the first strike of the fight and Henry beat mighty mouse's ass on a compromised leg for 25 minutes. You never heard him crying and making excuses after the fight.

At no point in rd 3 did Demetrius get Cejudo down. Im certain youre basing your argument off of Fightmetric.

At the end of rd1 Henry attempted a choke and when he lost position started throwing knees. In rd4 Henry was landing GNP instead of attempting a sub. If you say it was nothing that just shows your bias.

DJ landed more strikes overall but they were not as hard as what Cejudo landed. You could make a case for him being ahead with that criteria, but then he would lose from the grappling, cage control, and aggression. It's not the first time the guy who was outstruck won a MMA fight.

“There’s no broken bones but there’s still a little swelling,” Johnson told Helwani via ESPN. “I got the MRI results. I have a high-grade partial tear in my LCL. (but doesnt need surgery?) Right now, I’m suffering from pain in my lower calf area (hurt his calf kicking Cejudo, right) ... I can’t even sleep at night. I’m waking up, just sweating in bed.
https://www.mmamania.com/2018/8/13/...merous-injuries-suffered-lcl-tear-ufc-227-mma

Just face it. Your boy tried to point fight and lost. He didnt try to get a rematch and instead asked Hume to get him in ONE.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Cheapest way to create another double champ. I hope TJ wins, but he misses weight so this that doesn't happen.

Wasn't the announcement that the division will be removed in 2019? Who knows if it will be early or late 2019, they still have a lot of flyweights under contract. I don't know if most people know this, but there's actually more fighters in the flyweight division than DJ and Cejudo.

What’s the point still either way you’re promoting a division and title fight that won’t exist at this point in a year.

Have Cejudo fight for the 135 belt then, not tough

They could and should have held off talks about closing 125 until after this fight. Now it's virtually meaningless, an exhibition fight.

Pointless doing it at flw but at bw this fight wouldn’t even be remotely competitive I guess

No grown man could ever hit 125 pounds regardless of a cut. No grown man. Middle schoolers weigh more than that.

I have a hard time picturing TJ losing this fight. I'd rather the fight be at 135 but I understand why TJ and pry the UFC want it at 125. I'm glad that the 125 division will be gone after this fight at least.

I don't understand the going down in weight to take smaller people's belts.
Only in going up are you proving anything to yourself and others. IMHO.

I'm taking Cejudo. He's faster, has better wrestling, his striking is improving in leaps and bounds.
I would have favored TJ over MM due to power & MM's lack of it, but I'm picking the Lilliputian Olympian for the W.

I don't mind people that go down. If they can go down, then it means they're likely already one of the smaller guys in their division and they've been fighting bigger guys the whole time. Edgar's career is a great example of that.

If they can make the weight and put on a championship level performance, then I don't think it should be frowned on. Also, sometimes the better fighters are below you not above you.

That said, it doesn't make any sense for TJ to go down in this situation

Back