News BREAKING Chandler/Gaethje Confirmed UFC 268 Nov 6th

GREAT!!

this was my preferred matchup : Gaethje against Chandler.
Obviously I'd say the winner has been verbally promised the winner of Poirier/Oliveira.

Justin Gaethje by obliteration. Leg kick KO or jut a plain old face KO.

There is NO more exciting Lightweight 155lb fighter in the UFC than Gaethje.

Feel like Chandler can land the more powerful shot quicker, however he is also less durable than Gaethje and is vulnerable to Gaethje's leg kicks. Hopefully Gaethje worked on his grappling for this past year.

War Gaethje

Yeah, I get the idea of striking when the iron's hot, especially given his age, but after a knockout, he should either take a longer break or fight someone like Makhachev or RDA, not Justin.
He's 35. It's pretty much now or never for him to win a big fight or two and get another title shot. Hanging out and taking somewhat easier fights until you're 36-37 didn't do Tony Ferguson any favors. Once you hit that "too old" point, you can't turn Father Time back.

Chandlers defense has to be the best its ever been. I see him shooting for takedowns from the getgo.

Between RDA,Islam, and Beneil somebody out of the three will be left out and fighting somebody they really have no business fighting.

RDA and Islam can fight and Dariush can fight Hooker.

Fuck yes!

Really hope this happens.

Just BLEED!!!
<{JustBleed}>

RDA and Islam can fight and Dariush can fight Hooker.
Hooker should fight down in rankings but realistically if Islam does get paired vs RDA then Hooker is the best option for Dariush as far as rankings go.

Sad that Gaethje is treated like this because of his lose against Khabib. I don’t count it as a lose because everyone got treated like a toddler against him anyway.

Just remember, 3 years ago these guys were “cans” because they were in WSOF/Bellator .. now you guys are excited to watch them fight. Remember where they came from.

Still great fighters. It's always nice to see guys that were highly touted in other orgs make it to UFC.

This is potentially a great match up that should have fireworks!

About time. Let's do this!

Yeah thats it, I'm new to mma. You got me.

But just to be sure, can you show me just 1 single post on sherdog from anyone saying either man is a can? Please & thanks.
I accept your challenge, I can't find anybody calling him a can, but there are some hateful posters out there:

Michael Chandler is overrated like fedor
AmericanBeauty, Jan 7, 2018

Why is Chandler in the UFC?

Why coming off a loss(to Pitbull) in Bellator is he even in the discussion in the LW title picture?

Here's the current Top 10 ranked LW's-
1)Justin Gaethje
2)Dustin Poirier
3)Tony Ferguson
4)Conor McGregor
5)Dan Hooker
6)Charles Oliveira
7) Rafael Dos Anjos
8)Paul Felder
9) Diego Ferreira
10) Al Iaquinta

Is there ANYONE on that list that you can say "Hey, Chandler is for sure a better fighter than that guy!"?

Personally, I think he loses to everyone in the Top 10. I think a Chandler vs (#11)Kevin lee would be the best match up for him to see where he's at. But I can't even say for sure, or with any confidence, that he(Chandler) beats anyone even in the top 15.

Why does the UFC and it's fans value this guy?

I realize this may come off as fighter bashing, and it's really not like that. I have no problems with him as a person or a fighter, I just think he's being waaaay overrated.
<Fedor23>

Why won’t people start to accept that lightweight is an extremely overrated division even while kabib was still there. All I ever hear is how deep the lightweight division is. I don’t see it at all. The division is downright pathetic.

There hasn’t been a truly well rounded top ranked lightweight in awhile.
- Kabib has rudimentary striking.
-Tony ferg had trash take down defense even during his win streak but his wins were against landos.
- Conor would get NCAAed by your grandma.
-Justin gatekeepthje has white belt level submission game n threw a college wrestling game out window N can’t beat onefc flop out eddie
-Michael chandler more like michael chindler. Gets KOed by featherweights and trades losses with ONEFC flunk out eddie
-Dustin gets held down by highschool level wrestlers according to colby and taking Conor down is no indication of a wrestling inprovement.. even your grandma would captain a plane to suplex city on Conor. It means nothing.
-Islam is showing kabibish rudimentary striking and looked like a size bully so in a few years he’ll get tiramisued out of the division probably anyway and the Bible guy looked 2 weight classes smaller n held out longer than he should have if Islam is as good as they say.. n this proves he’s not.
-The charly champ has been KTFOed and will be KTFOed again.

The list goes on. There isn’t really a truly well rounded lightweight right now. All the top ranked guys have huge holes in their game and Conor was number 1 contender seemingly yesterday to give u an idea of how garbage the division truly is.

before this era you had bantomweights like Frankie being top contenders or the champ. Before that got had featherweights like Jens and BJ being the top guys. The division was always trash from day one. Lightweight is so dismal that a featherweight from
Bellator would probably beat the UFCs lightweight top 5. Canor came up from featherweight and won that overrated belt with ease. Number 1 contender Dustin is a featherweight. The current ufc lightweight champ is a featherweight.

Remember the rule is that you always have to go by whatever the lightest weight you ever fought at. That way it diminishes the value of the win to anybody who beats you and it diminishes the value of the entire division every time you win if you move up. Lightweight is ruled by featherweight thus the division is shit if the top guys are perceived as the smaller guys in the division.. n of course again the whole point of none of these guys being well rounded.

the division is so shallow that a champ even retired out of what he said was boredom from lack of competitive fights for him.
Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
MMA Rage Quitter hall of fame - James Tony, Ninja Rua, Gina Carano, Badr Hari, Cesar Gracie, Jose Canseco, John Olav Einemo, Miesha Tate, Anthony Johnson, Mark Hominick, Mitch Clarke, Ronda, cm punk, chad mendas - snugglecakes, Jul 19, 2021

From mixedmartialarts.com forum
God_Of_Thunder
Apr '20
I think this guy is extremely overrated. He lost to any top fighter he’s fought. Look at the last 4 wins he has. None are top of the food chain. He lost to Eddie Alvarez and Dustin Poirier. Two guys Conor absolutely smoked. Why is this guy getting so much hype? He’s not beating tony or Khabib in this lifetime.

Back