Breaking: Canelo is now mandatory for Saunders - Possible PPV

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
WBO said Saunders MUST make his next 2 fights a mandatory.

WBO now put Canelo ahead of Khurtsidze (who is obviously pissed).

Saunders must fight Canelo next or vacate the belt.

Golden Boy said Canelo wont likely return until Cinco De Mayo weekend PPV

"We haven't decided yet what we want to do," Gomez told ESPN. "We'll make a decision after the holidays. It's looking more and more like we're going to wait for Canelo's next fight until May. We don't want to take any chances with his hand. You have to be careful. We want to make sure it's 100 percent. The doctor hasn't given him clearance yet. He'll go see the doctor after Christmas.

"If we don't pursue the mandatory with Saunders, there are a couple of other options."

Wonder what the catchweight will be.

Chavez Jr. Makes him more money but Saunders gets him a middleweight belt. I would probably just go with Jr if I were him.

Canelo vs Liam Smith on PPV was a disgrace to American fans.

I like it. Another 160 lb title to add to the GGG show down.
Why is it that I seem to be the only one who cares about unifying belts and cleaning out divisions around here?

I'm not high on BJS at all. However, I don't get people saying how JR would be a much more competitive fight.
I think Canelo steamrolls and looks impressive against both. Have people seen Jrs resume and fights (and lack there of ) over the past few years. Its not impressive at all. In fact its bad.
Call me Crazy but I think the guy who is/can
-An active full time fighter
-Undefeated
-Current Champ and Belt holder
-Can actually make it through a training camp
-Can actually train in a boxing gym
-Can actually make a weight
-Has fought and beat the better opponents
-wont quit on his still
vs
A name sake at this point.
I get that BJS may be easy pickings. but JR is not anything better. Its easy pickings minus the belt and weight class cleaning.

Hate to shit on BJS but

-An active full time fighter
Will have 1 fight in 1.5 years
-Undefeated
"Undefeated" against Andy Lee and Artur Akakov
-Current Champ and Belt holder
Current "Champ" when he shouldve been stripped for inactivity and shouldve lost his last fight
-Can actually make a weight
Almost didnt make weight for his last fight
-Has fought and beat the better opponents
Should not have beaten Andy Lee. JCC's almost KO'd Sergio Martinez.

I wouldnt mind this if this was for Canelo's Feb free comeback fight as originally planned, but now they are saying Canelo's next fight is most likely Cinco de Mayo PPV regardless of who he's fighting.

Hate to shit on BJS but

Current "Champ" when he shouldve been stripped for inactivity and shouldve lost his last fight

Why did you quote every one of the facts I listed with an opinion or excuse.... You get that they are facts even if you want to discredit them, right?

All his "almosts" "maybes" and "what ifs" are still above JR actually doing and not doing that stuff.

Hate to shit on BJS but

JCC lost 11.5 rounds to Martinez

I wouldnt mind this if this was for Canelo's Feb free comeback fight as originally planned, but now they are saying Canelo's next fight is most likely Cinco de Mayo PPV regardless of who he's fighting.
You sound poor

I feel like posting predictions will get redundant pretty quick.

But the UFC is a private promotion whereas boxing laughably pretends to be a legit worldwide sport.

But Golden Boy Promotions is a private promotion whereas the UFC laughably pretends to be a legit worldwide sport

Back