BREAKING Blade joining the MCU! Snipes to star

This is great news.

Blade is the movie that kicked off the marvel film revolution.

And old guys kick ass. Plus he's half vampire. If they can live forever I'm sure he can go to at least 70 before he slows down.

img-6221438122048610294.jpg

The guy looks good for his age. He's 56, which is younger than many other people who have made action movies, including Arnold, Sly, Mel, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, and Liam Neeson.

And he hasn't gotten fat, so it won't be too hard to make him look younger, although the grey in his beard makes him look like a grizzled badass. I wouldn't mind if he had a few greys in the new movie.

Last edited:
If true, Snipes just hit the jackpot. Guy is basically poison in Hollywood, and widely considered a complete dick face to work with. Not sure about his financials, but given his lack of work and tax problems, all signs point to sketchy at best.

Dude is just sitting on his couch one day pissed at his career being done, and then gets a call from his agent for a potential role in a bagillion dollar movie universe, simply because people love his version of Blade so much. Fuck me, what a score.

I mean the last time I remember seeing Snipes in a movie was Expendables 3. Dude was probably 52ish around then but didn't look it.

If he's 55/56, right now, it's too old for the role on paper, but not too old in practice if he keeps in good shape. Some actors age really well. In Mission Impossible Fallout, I never once thought oh Cruise is a senior citizen, time to hang 'em up.

If Harrison Ford is going to be Indiana Jones at nearly 80 (and granted I think the notion of another sequel is a bit insane) why can't Snipes be Blade a couple of more times.

Last edited:
Pay your taxes, wesley. Dont get sent to jail in the middle of a trilogy.

Now Blade has to meet deadpool. Just so Ryan Reynolds can go all 4th wall break meta on him.

Count me in. He's in his 50s so that gives us a "Blade Beyond" type of story. Been hunting vampires for 30 years, getting too old for this stuff.

funny I was just thinking yesterday that Snipes could still be blade. He looks great for his age. He's barely older than RDJ remember. And in today's world 55 is like 40. Look at cruise.

This also ends the "Boyega as Blade" rumors

That's all from snipes, to I take it with a grain of salt. Less.

Disney isn't gonna work with that goofball.

Seems like a better fit for the Netflix shows. It's unfortunate the quality of that wing of marvel has been deteriorating.

Would prefer it if they made Blade a gay white guy/trans species, played by someone like neil patrick harris.

A Black Blade doesnt reach enough audiences in my opinion

Last edited:
Back