*** Breaking Bad Discussion " Team Todd" edition ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still have to jump forward almost a year somehow between now and the flash forward.

!!!!!

Am i the only one who feels the show hit its climax and pinnacle with this past episode, and these last 2 won't be as good as that one?

No, you're not.

Am i the only one who feels the show hit its climax and pinnacle with this past episode, and these last 2 won't be as good as that one?

I read somewhere that Gilligan reckons this coming Sunday's is the best.

Vince Gilligan said that it was the best episode of the series.

I'm fine with that, I see the whole thing as one thing anyway so as long as the story is wrapped up well I don't mind it peaking with 2 to go. I'm sure they will be amazing.

Haha, am I right or are you right?! I don't know how he's going to beat this Sunday's just gone.

We're about about 6-8 months to the flashback I believe. I know several months passed in that crystal blue persuasion montage.

That whole scene was kind of weird.

The writers had to create the widest divide possible between Walter and the rest of his family, hence the knife, the ridiculous fight, the injury, Flynn calling 911, and Walt taking Holly.

did you miss the parts where she knew Walt was in custody, and by Hank of all people. He's now at home in a panic, trying to get them to pack and leave. On top of being very vague about Hanks fate. It's quite understandable she would pick up a weapon and attempt to force him to leave. I don't think from Skyler pov, that i'll ever reach a point where Walt would harm family. There's even boundaries even she's not willing to cross in Walts meth dealings. Scene wasn't forced at all.

did you miss the parts where she knew Walt was in custody, and by Hank of all people. He's now at home in a panic, trying to get them to pack and leave. On top of being very vague about Hanks fate. It's quite understandable she would pick up a weapon and attempt to force him to leave. I don't think from Skyler pov, that i'll ever reach a point where Walt would harm family. There's even boundaries even she's not willing to cross in Walts meth dealings. Scene wasn't forced at all.

That's reasonable.

77513-Skyler-White-whats-one-more-me-g1ls.jpeg

The interesting thing is, it's a line that Walter didn't want to cross either, same as Skyler. Nor did he really, shit just happened by accident. Naive as that is on Walt's part.

Wait, do people think the "what's one more line?" is in reference to Hank?

I don't get the picture response to Fatt Hughes then.

I, too, didn't quite understand how Jesse connected the dots to figure out Walt poisoned Brock but it was explained very well on Reddit. I still haven't seen anything posted that resembled bad writing, just scenes that didn't sit well with that particular viewer..

You seem to think that bad writing only consists of flat out glaring mistakes and plot holes. That's not the case. The writing simply has to be of lesser quality that is expected for a show and others that are at this level. While a piece of writing that makes total sense and isn't a plot hole of any kind can still be bad. Writers and critics find flaws in the show, as they do with every show because none are perfect, and they don't sound all that different than what you're seeing here.

You'll see them talk about pacing within an episode, stretches in character's capability or behavior, events being too convenient, situations being too rushed or forced, etc. So, again, because something can be explained away doesn't mean it's not bad quality. And it's not just "internet kids" but actual critics saying these things. There is nothing contrarian about pointing out a weaker individual moment in a series. It's universaly understood that this show is one of the greats, so nobody is being a bully to it when they decided to talk about the instances where it had a dip in quality.

Wait, do people think the "what's one more line?" is in reference to Hank?

*eyebrows*

Obviously not man. It was an indicative of the level she was willing to go so, so recently. A line that Walt wouldn't cross. For someone to be so afronted here...she was the one telling him to murder people last episode. Obviously, she didn't mention Hank there, but ....

"For us, what's one more?"

Walter wasn't even going to consider killing Pinkman, Skyler didn't think it was a big deal.

Re-reading it, I guess his response was to this one sentence:

There's even boundaries even she's not willing to cross in Walts meth dealings

You seem to think that bad writing only consists of flat out glaring mistakes and plot holes. That's not the case. The writing simply has to be of lesser quality that is expected for a show and others that are at this level. While a piece of writing that makes total sense and isn't a plot hole of any kind can still be bad. Writers and critics find flaws in the show, as they do with every show because none are perfect, and they don't sound all that different than what you're seeing here.

You'll see them talk about pacing within an episode, stretches in character's capability or behavior, events being too convenient, situations being too rushed or forced, etc. So, again, because something can be explained away doesn't mean it's not bad quality. And it's not just "internet kids" but actual critics saying these things. There is nothing contrarian about pointing out a weaker individual moment in a series. It's universaly understood that this show is one of the greats, so nobody is being a bully to it when they decided to talk about the instances where it had a dip in quality.

This forum needs a +1 option.

*eyebrows*

Obviously not man. It was an indicative of the level she was willing to go so, so recently. A line that Walt wouldn't cross. For someone to be so afronted here...she was the one telling him to murder people last episode. Obviously, she didn't mention Hank there, but ....

"For us, what's one more?"

and i had this in mind with my post. Skyler saw Pinkman no different than any other threat since he broke into their home in attempt to light it on fire. I think it's clear to her that she knows Walt is capable of killing, due to the Fring assassination. But I doubt she ever think Walt would be capable of killing family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back