*** Breaking Bad Discussion " Team Todd" edition ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it somehow implied that Todd tortured him? Couldn't it have been Jack or all of them?

Was he referring to the torturing? I assumed he just meant in the lab, and before when he suggested not killing him immediately.

Nah, you don't. This particular episode has something like a 9.5/10 on IMDB. It's a great episode and great scene.

Contrarians going to be contrary, yo.

What's the lowest rated episode?
Maybe Teh Fly? (I liked it).

Was he referring to the torturing? I assumed he just meant in the lab, and before when he suggested not killing him immediately.

Oh, I see

What's the lowest rated episode?
Maybe Teh Fly? (I liked it).

I think despite Fly taking place primarily in one location, and only two principle cast members, Fly is generally well received due to the dialogue between walt and jesse.

Yeah, I think till recently it was a lot of people's favourite episode.

Walt Jr was a real douche in this last episode.

Walt was simply disarming skyler (who pulled a knife on her husband) and he calls the cops on him? What a bitch.

Moreover I feel that Walt wasn't responsible for Hank, for one Walt warned Hank to back off a few episodes ago, but due to ego Hank pursued him anyway. Secondly Walt told the arian dudes to not come and last he offered all his money just to save Hank.

Hank got himself killed because of pride, when he found out walt was heisenberg it hurt his ego, so he pursued walt out of revenge. He even used Jesse and said he didn't give a crap if Jesse died in the process.

Agreed 100%. I am more interested in your observation of Walk Jr. That dumb retard calling the police when he saw, in his face, who pulled the knife, and who drew first blood.

And dog y is right. The Wire aint all that. I hardly gor thru season 2 and cant start season 3.

Ok, so I checked IMDB and discovered that "Fly" and "Open House" are the lowest rated episodes, scoring 8,1/10.

"Face Off" and "To'hajiilee" were the highest with 9,8/10...

'til the overwhelming "Ozymandias", which is a full 10/10.

Agreed 100%. I am more interested in your observation of Walk Jr. That dumb retard calling the police when he saw, in his face, who pulled the knife, and who drew first blood.

And dog y is right. The Wire aint all that. I hardly gor thru season 2 and cant start season 3.

This was a cliche unfortunately. While seeing them wrestle for the knife was heartwrenching, Walter jumping in...defending mom and calling the police was straight out of a lifetime movie. Part of this is because RJ Mitte is a horrible, horrible actor. The other part was just bad writing.

I love Breaking Bad and I probably spend 10x more hours talking about it each week than I do watching it...but even in its greatness, it's got moments of horrible, horrible, horrible writing.

Examples this season:
  • deus ex machina with Jesse gassing his house.
  • Walt driving blindly to his spot...even though he himself did not remember the coordinates, he had to hide them on a lottery ticket. Not to mention him not believing jesse could be a rat when he had to cut Jesse in 50% with Gus so he wouldn't rat him out to the cops.
  • Walt threatens Hank's life in an amazing scene in S1...yet then would never consider letting him die.
  • The overly obvious 'Nazis are going to show up anyways and kill Hank.'
  • The Lifetime Scene: The knife fight
  • The meet between Walt/Jesse where he thinks he's being setup.
  • The Huelle(SP?) scene with the DEA.

Of course the absolute dumbest direction...was when Walt suddenly quit caring about his empire. Here's a man who burned everything down in an attempt to become what he thought he'd be...then suddenly gives it up because he saw his money and knew he was sick again? He's been doing this entirely with the presumption that he wasn't going to live more than 2 years...

THAT BEING SAID...

DESPISE ITS FAULTS WITH THE OBVIOUS AND CONTRADICTING CHARACTER CHOICES

I love this show. It is fantastic and the look on Walt's face when Hank went down was amazing. Truly engrossing. And that phone call scene...will go down as one of the best TV performances of all time.

TBH...It's the actor's that make this show. It's Dean Norris, it's Bryan Cranston. Without them two, this should would have fizzled long ago. The writing is strong, but not elite. Those two make this show one of the top 2-3 of all time.

He defended his mom because his mom was defending him after they both found out Walt had a part in killing Hank. There's no other way that scene could possibly go. I disagree with your other bullet points, as well.

I think if I'd just found out my dad was a drug empire kingpin who'd had a hand in killing my uncle, I'd be trying to protect my mother too. He knew the only way to get him out of the house was to call the police.

Examples this season:
  • deus ex machina with Jesse gassing his house.
  • Walt driving blindly to his spot...even though he himself did not remember the coordinates, he had to hide them on a lottery ticket. Not to mention him not believing jesse could be a rat when he had to cut Jesse in 50% with Gus so he wouldn't rat him out to the cops.
  • Walt threatens Hank's life in an amazing scene in S1...yet then would never consider letting him die.
  • The overly obvious 'Nazis are going to show up anyways and kill Hank.'
  • The Lifetime Scene: The knife fight
  • The meet between Walt/Jesse where he thinks he's being setup.
  • The Huelle(SP?) scene with the DEA.

0 - Not deux ex machina. Hank had just spoken with Jesse at the police station. It's highly probable that Hank was tailing him after he was released.

1 - He didn't remember the numbers at first, but it's highly probable that a person with a mind for Chemistry could eventually over the course of a few hours, let alone days, memorize a set of 6 numbers.

2 - Not sure what you're referring to here.

3 - So the bad guys didn't have "follows directions well" checked next to their report cards; not exactly sure what's so silly about this. In addition, Jack later reveals his suspicion that the numbers were more than what they appeared.

4 - Already addressed.

5 - Seems like your average scene to me.

6 - I have addressed this, in depth, in the past, but I'll give you a summary. Huell sleeps on the job. Does he seem like the most reliable person to you?

Also, considering Walt cooked in that area and had been there once before to bury the cash, I'm sure he knew generally how to get to the area. He'd only have needed the precise co ordinates to know where to dig. If Jesse was there burning his money then that wouldn't matter. He'd see him.

I think if I'd just found out my dad was a drug empire kingpin who'd had a hand in killing my uncle, I'd be trying to protect my mother too. He knew the only way to get him out of the house was to call the police.

Yeah, basically.

Also, considering Walt cooked in that area and had been there once before to bury the cash, I'm sure he knew generally how to get to the area. He'd only have needed the precise co ordinates to know where to dig. If Jesse was there burning his money then that wouldn't matter. He'd see him.

Boom.

0 - Not deux ex machina. Hank had just spoken with Jesse at the police station. It's highly probable that Hank was tailing him after he was released.

1 - He didn't remember the numbers at first, but it's highly probable that a person with a mind for Chemistry could eventually over the course of a few hours, let alone days, memorize a set of 6 numbers.

2 - Not sure what you're referring to here.

3 - So the bad guys didn't have "follows directions well" checked next to their report cards; not exactly sure what's so silly about this. In addition, Jack later reveals his suspicion that the numbers were more than what they appeared.

4 - Already addressed.

5 - Seems like your average scene to me.

6 - I have addressed this, in depth, in the past, but I'll give you a summary. Huell sleeps on the job. Does he seem like the most reliable person to you?

You know, you can love a show and still recognize when it messes up. The show has a tendency to be tremendously obvious and predictable.

But...sometimes that makes it sweeter for when they finally do something that isn't seen coming a mile away (The Hector explosion, Hank immediately confronting Walt, etc. - all fantastic moments)

You don't need to explain it man, it's just examples of bad writing.

You know, you can love a show and still recognize when it messes up. The show has a tendency to be tremendously obvious and predictable.

But...sometimes that makes it sweeter for when they finally do something that isn't seen coming a mile away (The Hector explosion, Hank immediately confronting Walt,, etc.)

You don't need to explain it man, it's just examples of bad writing.

I agree; good shows have mess ups. It's the obvious bi-product of human fallability. However, I just wanted to point out these aren't mess ups and easily explainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back