Breaking: Anthony Pettis vs. Rafael Dos Anjos Headlines UFC 185 in Dallas (Poll)

Khabib literally manhandled him and made him look like a child

Pettis via tko in the 1st or 2nd

Jeremy Stephens had success leg kicking Pettis. RDA throws much harder & with Pettis coming off knee surgery... this could end badly. The strong wrestling of RDA is also a concern & even though Pettis is a badass off his back I don't see RDA getting submitted. I think Pettis's best way to win is to TKO/KO him in the early rounds because I think RDA will pressure constantly & land the takedowns necessary to grind out a decision otherwise.

Very tough fight for Pettis, tougher than Khabib in my eyes because Dos Anjos has better standup & submissions. I'm 60/40 here. I'm going to say Pettis lands that big shot & takes the win but I could definitely see Dos Anjos taking this.

Pettis will have had knee surgery a year and a few months earlier already and Stephens barely did anything to Pettis' leg. That was a grappling match with like three shots of moderate impact each way landed on the feet. People love to extrapolate a couple underwhelming minutes of a Pettis fight into 25 minutes. They also love to bring up transitional fights to the UFC when Pettis was 24 to boot. It just doesn't translate much to when he's a 28-year old UFC vet, comfortable in the octagon, comfortable as champ, and has fought recently. Pettis has been virtually dominating everyone the last few years. You gotta really want to find flaws, like RDA. If you have to search that hard, they probably aren't there, and RDA's chances are not nearly what you claim.

Two Anchovies doesn't stand a chance.

RDA wins imo in an entertaining war, and then Khabib wrecks him for the title 4 months later.

Waaar Dos Anjos, it'll be Pettis' greatest test but I believe he comes through

Have to disagree with you here. Everything was going right for rda vs train-wreck diaz, and he was still only able to win a decision. That's the most he could hope for vs pettis, as I reeeeeally doubt he'd be able to submit him or tko him.

If pettis were facing khabib, I could definitely see the eagle winning via tko from vicious gnp.
Diaz has always been a notoriously tough guy to finish. Thomson did it with a head kick that would have KO'd every other LW, but he still needed some GnP to truly end the fight.

Khabib has only finished Tavares (an undersized LW who's always had an iffy chin) and a 35 year old Shalorus in the 3rd round, who RdA subsequently went onto finish in less than 2 minutes.

We've seen RdA drop Benson with a hook, then a flying knee. He can also wrestle well, and has great sub defense while on top. He's always had great high kicks as well. He's a three-dimensional fighter, whereas Khabib sticks to one facet in his game, and doesn't really have much else going for him.

When you factor in that Pettis is training with a bigger guy in Askren daily who can emulate what Khabib does in practice, that fight doesn't worry me as much as this one does.

I think Pettis will win but I voted for RDA as I'm not a fan of showtime .

Khabib literally manhandled him and made him look like a child

Pettis via tko in the 1st or 2nd

I don't really think anyone sees Pettis trying to wrestle with Dos Anjos. I don't know how much you can really take from the Khabib fight in terms of evaluating how Pettis/RDA will go.

Oh, wait. March? Awesome. Will be there, unless the tickets are ridiculously expensive.

meh fight. just milking pettis before khabib gets his hands on him. i actually thought khabib would beat him before now im not so sure. pettis may be too fast and too slick for him.

and rampage is still under bellator contract, he aint fighting nowhere in the ufc.

Bump for anyone who didn't see this due to the ufc 182 commotion.

Going with the champ, but I think RDA has a fair chance.

Although I think RDA will be a bigger challenge for Pettis and the fight will probably last longer than Pettis' previous fight...I still predict Pettis gets the win.

Back