Breaking: Anthony Pettis vs. Rafael Dos Anjos Headlines UFC 185 in Dallas (Poll)

Pettis by KO. He's a legit champion

Pettis will make him scream like Tyson's wife.

"They all talk, and they all fall. I'll show him once again why I'm the best fighter in the world".

Beautiful response to Dos Anjos uninstigated and disrespectful remark that Pettis is overrated. I don't ever want to hear people call Pettis cocky when he's responding to opponents like this who often start the dialogue.

The reality is Pettis is special, and while Dos Anjos is a viable title contender, he's ordinary for that level, and certainly not long-term championship material like Pettis is. Pettis should dispatch of him comfortably like his opponents who've previously fallen before him.

I can't wait. Anthony Pettis - the people's champ. The most exciting and active champ in the UFC. 3 month turnaround!

Pettis will make him scream like Tyson's wife.

Hmm...robin givens? She was fiiiine back in the day (might still be, haven't seen her in a while; looked damn good in boomerang).

Nice to see they're putting Pettis back in there relatively quickly.

In a way I feel like this is a more dangerous fight for Showtime than Khabib, because RdA poses more threats to win (Khabib's best chance is to win a UD/SD, whereas RdA has finishing ability). He's added tighter boxing under Cordeiro, and his kicks have gotten noticeably better from the Dunham/Cowboy fight to where they are now.

I'm glad Pettis was able to shake off the rust vs. Melendez, because this will be a tougher fight. Pettis will need to be on his toes here.

Nice to see they're putting Pettis back in there relatively quickly.

In a way I feel like this is a more dangerous fight for Showtime than Khabib, because RdA poses more threats to win (Khabib's best chance is to win a UD/SD, whereas RdA has finishing ability). He's added tighter boxing under Cordeiro, and his kicks have gotten noticeably better from the Dunham/Cowboy fight to where they are now.

I'm glad Pettis was able to shake off the rust vs. Melendez, because this will be a tougher fight. Pettis will need to be on his toes here.

Have to disagree with you here. Everything was going right for rda vs train-wreck diaz, and he was still only able to win a decision. That's the most he could hope for vs pettis, as I reeeeeally doubt he'd be able to submit him or tko him.

If pettis were facing khabib, I could definitely see the eagle winning via tko from vicious gnp.

Jeremy Stephens had success leg kicking Pettis. RDA throws much harder & with Pettis coming off knee surgery... this could end badly. The strong wrestling of RDA is also a concern & even though Pettis is a badass off his back I don't see RDA getting submitted. I think Pettis's best way to win is to TKO/KO him in the early rounds because I think RDA will pressure constantly & land the takedowns necessary to grind out a decision otherwise.

Very tough fight for Pettis, tougher than Khabib in my eyes because Dos Anjos has better standup & submissions. I'm 60/40 here. I'm going to say Pettis lands that big shot & takes the win but I could definitely see Dos Anjos taking this.

Dos Anjos is elite as they come. He can pull off the upset.

Glad he is getting the shot. But sadly the future does not look very bright for the winner as The Russian makes his return.

Have to disagree with you here. Everything was going right for rda vs train-wreck diaz, and he was still only able to win a decision. That's the most he could hope for vs pettis, as I reeeeeally doubt he'd be able to submit him or tko him.

If pettis were facing khabib, I could definitely see the eagle winning via tko from vicious gnp.

LOL What he said was more reasonable. Pettis has barely been gnp'ed in his career. He has a great offensive and defensive guard. If Khabib tried to do that he'd be in more danger. And Khabib has finished nobody but Tavares and Shalorus in the octagon. They are a far cry from Pettis, who is the best of the best, and never been finished in his career. Khabib is one-dimensional, predictable, not much of a finish threat, and conversely Pettis would have 25 minutes to finish an opponent when he knew what was coming. He'd probably do it.

If dos Anjos's game plan involves trying to strike with Pettit he's already lost.

Dos Anjos is elite as they come. He can pull off the upset.

The elite as they come lost 5 times legitimately in the octagon, and has had some officiating favor outside of that? That would make me sad if true. Good thing it's not.

Glad he is getting the shot. But sadly the future does not look very bright for the winner as The Russian makes his return.

Because of his one-dimensional style over 25 minutes and one good, legit win in his UFC career? Please, the future is blinding for the one in this fight who wasn't the one, legit good win in a 3-rounder for Khabib.

God damn it! I wanted Khabib!

I don't know/care who wins. I can't say for sure if it'll be fight of the year quality but it's a fantastic matchup. It makes me more upset about Dos Anjos not being in EA UFC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back