BREAKING: According to UFC Website, Conor is NOT the FW Champion Anymore

10-ahs-4-tumblr_inline_mg1g3oQU971qato3i.gif

New fw champion looks explosive and athletic

they vacated the featherweight belt since conor officialy announced he´s now holding the conor belt

is normal

Would it though?

Edgar the #1 contender is injured and just turned down a fight with Conor.

Aldo had been defending about once a year. Depending on how 196 goes Conor has been fighting very often so it doesn't seem impossible for him to fight Frankie in April and then RDA in July, or Frankie waits until September which would still only be 10 months from the prior 145 title fight.

I don't think he's fighting in April. He said it himself that next up is UFC 200. But yeah, it's true that compared to Aldo, McGregor could still defend as often as Aldo did easily, despite fighting Dos Anjos (or Lawler) at UFC 200. The thing is though, Dana promised us that Conor going up a weight class for another belt wouldn't hold up the 145 division. Now it's very likely doing just that.

Dana said from the very beginning.. IF the want's to move up and fight at a heavier weight class, he has to vacate the belt.

Conor does not run the UFC and make the rules even if he thinks he does.

Maybe the UFC is finally trying to humble him and gain back control. Conor is already becoming a nightmare of an employee that only cares about cash.

I don't think he's fighting in April. He said it himself that next up is UFC 200. But yeah, it's true that compared to Aldo, McGregor could still defend as often as Aldo did easily, despite fighting Dos Anjos (or Lawler) at UFC 200. The thing is though, Dana promised us that Conor going up a weight class for another belt wouldn't hold up the 145 division. Now it's very likely doing just that.
Until Frankie is ready Conor ain't holding up shit. From the sound of things Frankie could have gotten his shot next week (not that I'd blame him for wanting a full camp for a title shot...)

Until Frankie is ready Conor ain't holding up shit. From the sound of things Frankie could have gotten his shot next week (not that I'd blame him for wanting a full camp for a title shot...)

You really think that fight would've been at 145? I doubt it.

You really think that fight would've been at 145? I doubt it.
Who knows? maybe not but it is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. The point I was trying to make is that Frankie is the 145 #1 contender and he can't fight.

He has a torn groin, if I am following the MMA news correctly a torn groin for which he had surgery.... holy shit. Ever had an injured groin? (anyone? I am legitimately curious as to what people's take on this is..)

I pulled my groin in college and I was a fraction of my true capabilities on a lacrosse field for an entire fall season... and Frankie TORE it and needed surgery? Granted he may be a hell of an athlete, but at the time I tore my groin I was an NCAA Division 1 lacrosse player in unbelievable shape. I have had a plethora of injuries and I know that a pull is nothing compared to a tear and I rate that groin pull as the worst sports injury I ever had that did not require surgery.

Frankie is going to be out for a while. In the meantime Conor (unlike 95% of champs who would sit around "being champ" and extending their title run on paper) is fighting at a crazy pace, every 3 months. What would Aldo have done? I bet green money he would have sat around waiting for Frankie. Werdum? Cain? most champs would be quite content waiting around and playing it safe. I'd rather watch fights.

Back