News Breakin Rizin Announces 16-man Bantamweight Japan Grand Prix & 8-man Featherweight tournaments

200.gif

A Rizin BW GP could be cool if it has Gooch, Kai, Hiro, Inoue, Sasaki etc in it.

Not really as interested in their FW one but I'd watch it anyway knowing me.

A Rizin BW GP could be cool if it has Gooch, Kai, Hiro, Inoue, Sasaki etc in it.

Not really as interested in their FW one but I'd watch it anyway knowing me.

Kyoji is not in the GP. The winner of the GP will fight him, which makes the most sense.

No brainer that Ishiwatari,Kai,Ougikubo,Motoya,Inoue,Saomoto, Ota, Inoue, Takizawa, Ulka (he might be fighting in the FW GP though) will be participating. Will be interesting to see who else takes part. Japan has a very interesting BW division in general.

Last edited:
Kyoji is not in the GP. The winner of the GP will fight him, which makes the most sense.

No brainer that Ishiwatari,Kai,Ougikubo,Motoya,Inoue,Saomoto, Ota, Inoue, Takizawa, Ulka (he might be fighting in the FW GP though) will be participating. Will be interesting to see who else will be taking part. Japan has a very interesting BW division in general.

Wonder what Kyoji is going to be up to in the meantime though. When he's healthy he's usually pretty active.

Wonder what Kyoji is going to be up to in the meantime though. When he's healthy he's usually pretty active.
He's going to be less active now, which is a smart decision. I imagine we wont see him again until he fights for the Bellator belt some time in the summer, his old schedule nearly ended his career with the knee injury

Is the FW all japan too? Rizin can't bring in any foreign fighter? So much for Anderson

No brainer that Ishiwatari,Kai,Ougikubo,Motoya,Inoue,Saomoto, Ota, Inoue, Takizawa, Ulka (he might be fighting in the FW GP though) will be participating. Will be interesting to see who else takes part. Japan has a very interesting BW division in general.
I would like to see Mix, Higo, Mattos, or Gallagher represent Bellator in the tournament.

Sounds pretty good to me, plus I'm sure they'll get a hold of some regional champs too if they're available. Hopefully Ulka remains at BW after his jaw got cracked. Can't imagine what a clean featherweight punch would do at this stage in his career.

As for the FW's, I'm assuming Saito, Mikuru, Koike, A Bellator rep, and a European are locks too.

I would like to see Mix, Higo, Mattos, or Gallagher represent Bellator in the tournament.

All Japanese GP.
Its a good business model for Rizin, which makes sense.
Pancrase, Shooto, Zst, Deep, Outsider, Grachan champs coming together to decide who has the strongest representative.

Just my 2cents but Gallagher would be eliminated early. Mix and Higo would be great.

All Japanese GP.
Pancrase, Shooto, Zst, Deep, Outsider, Grachan champs coming together to decide who has the strongest representative.

Just my 2cents but Gallagher would be eliminated early. Mix and Higo would be great.
Got it, all Japanese. If that is a better business model by RIZIN then good for them.

Sounds pretty good to me, plus I'm sure they'll get a hold of some regional champs too if they're available. Hopefully Ulka remains at BW after his jaw got cracked. Can't imagine what a clean featherweight punch would do at this stage in his career.

As for the FW's, I'm assuming Saito, Mikuru, Koike, A Bellator rep, and a European are locks too.

Saito, Koike, Asakura, Hagiwara, Ulka, Horie are locked in. Probably gonna be all Japanese GP.

All Japanese GP.

You think Takuya Yamamoto might take part?

Back