News Breakin Oscar De La Coke Has Covid, Ducks Belfort. Holyfield Offers To Step In

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Vulcan, Sep 3, 2021.

1. panem-et-circenses In the garden

Abuse states can discombobulate the response to future sexual stimuli (thinking about the nervous system), which can later manifest itself in different ways, many of which might not be visible/known to an outside party. Interpersonal issues are not uncommon. You know, just because some guys say it’s okay, well, that doesn’t mean that it was, @mozfonky Early sexual exposure can impact a person for the whole of their life. Women are pedos, too. (Obv. there’s a nuanced discussion about male-female trauma differences, but that goes beyond the scope of a Holyfield thread, man.)

2. mozfonky We oughta be fightin' a bottle of Geritol.

Uh, do you see them baiting for a response? I woulda not mentioned it past the first post, talk to them. I can drop it anytime. I'll say this though, with Oscars past I dont think its smart to bring up things that'll make people question his obvious deviance but that the way he does things. Using that to draw attention to a fight is warped.

3. panem-et-circenses In the garden

I hadn’t heard some of the things you’ve mentioned. Oscar was with underage girls? I mean, let’s get it out on the table.

4. mozfonky We oughta be fightin' a bottle of Geritol.

Look it up or let someone else fill you in.

5. Cariñito Brown Belt

At 29, which was a couple years ago, at a hotel I worked at, I hooked up with a girl (white) who worked there who was 18, in High School and came to the hotel in her prom dress. Always came around when I worked night shift, and regularly went out with guys who were 33-35 at the time. Around the same time a girl who was 17 (Mexican) was staying there, who I made out with a couple times, was already working and apparently she had a minor issue with meth at 14. Both very pretty and both had been with guys older than me and seemed to live a little differently than girls there age. And I look like I'm about 20 so maybe that's doesnt make it as weird.
    And I was also hooking up with a British Nigerian girl who was like 42 as well.
    Point is, your life at 14-17 might not always be what the next person is.
    In 8th grade I remember these group of girls would come over to my friends, drink a little bit of liquor and take their shirts off.
    Now when I see 8th grade girls and there like little little girls, it's hard to think "Are these girls doing the same shit, those girls were?" I dont know.

6. TheRash Purple Belt

This turn of events has completely taken the steam out of the fight.

The whole boxing community cheering every time a boxer wins a boxing match with a participant from an entirely different sport, kinda makes me cringe.

For once I wanted an MMA fighter to flatten a Boxer, and no doubt Vitor stood a very real chance of that, given the size and ODH’s physical and mental deterioration over the years. Yes the scales were in Vitors favor (juicing included),but whatever Boxers have been doing that for years. Now it seemed the shoe was on the other foot.

But alas, now Vitor will probably become just another tally mark on the losers side of the ageless Boxer vs MMA debate, despite how unfair the fights are presented.

Plus, wouldn’t have been cool to see TRTVitor annihilate someone, just for old times sake? Christ the dude was eating guys back in the mid ‘90’s.

7. Koro_11 Gold Belt

And no one is talking about it, wtf?

<{vega}>

Can we expect TRT Vítor in this one?

[​IMG]

8. BROWNPRIDE Yellow Card

Two old farts.

9. Koro_11 Gold Belt

So what, it should still be an entertaining train wreck one way or the other.

10. thewhiterooster dana hates sunscreen

they're boxing. not fighting. they're moving the whole event to Florida now because Evander can't be licensed anywhere else.

11. VinceArch I am all of me.

I don't Vitor winning that. If he comes on TRT you know Holyfield will have a little something extra helping him too.

12. Koro_11 Gold Belt

So were Woodley and Paul, yet it was the most popular topic on the UFC forum for the past 4 weeks.

13. TITS ASS Platinum Member

What happened to De La Hoya?

Edit - Thread merge, never mind.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  14. GORO Purple Belt

holyfield about to get hurt OMG plz no

15. Seano Hands of bone

16. mkt Gold Belt

Tons of wild cards in this one:
    1. Belfort is well past his prime at 44 but Holyfield is freakin' 58 and hasn't boxed in 10 years
    2. Having said that, Holyfield was once an elite boxer, while Belfort simply had good boxing for an MMA fighter. Okay, Belfort has one boxing win over some unknown Brazilian in 2006. My point stands.
    3. Holyfield is bigger (height, reach and weight in his prime). It looks like he's stayed in shape based on recent pics. I don't know if he's trained for boxing or just done weights, cardio, etc. to stay in shape, though.
    4. Vitor was a major juicer in MMA. Holyfied never tested positive, but his physique had a near Overeem transformation from his days of a 178-pounder to a heavily-muscled HW. Many accused him of juicing. Will they even test for this fight, though?
    Having said all that, I'll pick Holyfield based on a true elite boxing background and being bigger. The 14-year age gap is big, but not enough for Vitor to win IMO.

17. ALAN PARTRIDGE NO LONGER REGISTERED

[​IMG]

Syd1975 likes this.
  18. yougetKTFO Red Belt

Holyfield is certainly more weathered than Oscar and being that he’s bigger will be slower too.

I don’t think much has changed in his chances I would’ve picked Oscar over him based off their training videos.

19. Syd1975 Orange Belt

Lol... that guy was something else. DUDE...WTF ARE YOU DOING? YOU'RE NAKED, IN A TOWEL IN A STRANGERS HOUSE MEETING A 14 YEAR OLD GIRL. WTF? <45>

Great show.

ALAN PARTRIDGE likes this.
  20. Syd1975 Orange Belt

As for the fight.. as per usual, the HW kills the MW.

Does he have enough of a size advantage? Plus Vitor can't use 90% of his skillset, fighting a HW champ twice his size.

What the hell..