1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Breakfast is bad for you?

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Dafreeclinic, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Dafreeclinic

Dafreeclinic Orange Belt

2. guilineseguy

guilineseguy Black Belt

Ok was finally able to get on it....I don't know what to think now......

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  3. Bad ooki

Bad ooki Blue Belt

.....so you didn't read the link TS posted? i see....

4. guilineseguy

guilineseguy Black Belt

^^^ Think that page might be blocked here. Wasn't able to get on it.

5. guilineseguy

guilineseguy Black Belt

And I may add this what I learned while studying Traditional Chinese medicine. No I am not a doctor it was a culture course.

6. Dafreeclinic

Dafreeclinic Orange Belt

You should read the article before posting. The link works fine for me unless your talking about your job is blocking it.

7. guilineseguy

guilineseguy Black Belt

I did end up getting to it. I am living in China. They block alot of shit, I just think it was my internet. I also edited my post "so maybe you should read my edit before critizing me"...Lol.

Good article as I posted above I learned the opposite of this in a Traditional chinese medicine course.

8. guilineseguy

guilineseguy Black Belt

Double post.....Damn internet

9. sonofjay817

sonofjay817 Brown Belt

"I know, it doesn

10. Blackice

Blackice Orange Belt

Originally Posted by guilineseguy
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day....Hence why you feel like shit all day when you don't eat breakfast. It jumps starts your metabolism, and all that good shit. Eating too much/eating dinner to late is supposed to be what is bad for you. Due to the fact when you sleep, your bodies metabolism slows WAY down. You could possibly have food rot in your stomach and cause a hell of a mess

Ummm...food does NOT rot in your stomach. It gets digested. Eating dinner late doesn't cause a hell of a mess. Why do you think people take casien shakes before bed? Having food in your stomach while you sleep for 8 hours is not a bad thing in my opinion.

11. guilineseguy

guilineseguy Black Belt

once again..read my edit, and reasoning for saying that.

12. Blackice

Blackice Orange Belt

I think that article is bullshit. If you eat right and get enough protein and lift heavy, eating breakfast is not going to impair fat loss, or make you lose muscle instead of fat unless you're eating 3 bowls of cinnemon toast crunch and cinnebons and danishs. Most people on this forum eat good hearty breakfasts and have no problems whatsoever and that includes myself. Hail bacon and eggs. There are a lot of myths floating around out there. Unfortunately many people who don't know about this forum are going to believe them.

13. guilineseguy

guilineseguy Black Belt

^^^^ amen!!!!

14. Blackice

Blackice Orange Belt

If by your reasoning you're talking about your "culture" course, it doesn't change anything.

15. guilineseguy

guilineseguy Black Belt

It made sense to me at the time.

16. Dafreeclinic

Dafreeclinic Orange Belt

If you want to take an ignorant approach to things thats up to you (also note the article writer also has good results with his clients). However if there's a better way out there Im gonna try to find it. Of course anyone who lifts heavy and eats enough protein is going to do good but could they do better is the question. He supports his claims with studies cited which is far more than any average myth acai berry nonsense.

17. immovablestone

immovablestone Purple Belt

18. Blackice

Blackice Orange Belt

Maybe you should read some FAQS and the studies already in here citing how breakfast is just fine. I'm not being ignorant. I have an open mind if it makes sense. However...this does not. Skipping breakfast isn't going to give you any kind of edge, sorry, and the claims about losing more muscle than fat if you eat breakfast are ridiculous. If you want to get up in the morning and not eat anything and then go workout on an empty stomach go for it.

19. Dafreeclinic

Dafreeclinic Orange Belt

Read the FAQ before I posted this and there wasn't anything on breakfast. If you want to talk about studies he has 70 references. Where does this not make sense so far you have not stated any reason to think contrary to what he stated. Reiterating your opinion on something doesnt prove anything. If you have a sound argument to believe differently then I would be happy to here it. I dont even disagree with you actually, Im just on the fence trying to hear some thoughts on the matter. However just saying you disagree doesnt help anyone come to a logical conclusion.

20. Blackice

Blackice Orange Belt

I do have a sound arguement which was in my first post on why I think the article is bullshit. It's a fact that if you are eating enough protein, lifting heavy enough and the rest of your diet is in check, that eating breakfast is NOT going to magically make you retain more fat vs muscle. In fact...when your diet is clean and your protein intake is adequate, it doesn't even make sense that just by eating breakfast, you're going to lose muscle mass and retain more fat. I used to skip breakfast and I had no energy and felt like shit. Since staring to eat breakfast, that has resolved itself. I don't think this is JUST my opinion either.