breakdown the cain/brock wrestling/groundgame matchup

godamnit you got me excited thinking you were gonna be breaking it down.

Brock is a NCAA I champion. Cain is not. Cain is a NJCAA champion. Granted that Brock won like a decade ago, the skill is there.
Brock is like 40 lbs bigger than Cain.
I'd say Cain is a little quicker but Brock is explosive as hell for a big guy.

I'd give the edge to Brock.

Brock is a NCAA I champion. Cain is not. Cain is a NJCAA champion. Granted that Brock won like a decade ago, the skill is there.
Brock is like 40 lbs bigger than Cain.
I'd say Cain is a little quicker but Brock is explosive as hell for a big guy.

I'd give the edge to Brock.

Brock may very well be faster, at least in the doubleleg department

Cain seems more technical and varied

In the PRIMETIME CAIN VS BROCK you could see Brock doing some massive pickups and even a footsweep thou, cool stuff

My thoughts are that the difference between the guy that places first in the NCAA's and the guy that places 5th is very very small. It could be as little as the difference between a guy having a good day and bad day. Brock lost 5 matches in colleges, Cain lost 10. Had these guys wrestled in college, the match would probably have been very close, probably coming down to a point or two.

Throw in punches, a big wall at the edge of the mat and 8 years passage of time, and take away stalling calls... and who knows what will happen. Even back in college, most of the time, guys escape from bottom in pretty short order.

Brock is bigger and has shown better ground skills in MMA IMO, but Cain has better hands and probably better cardio. Most likely, Cain is going to be looking to stand and Brock is going to be looking for a TD. I think Cain will win the fight because I don't think Brock can hold him down even if he gets him there, which is questionable.

Brock seemed to have a hard time wrestling with Randy and Carwin (before he gassed), but obviously his wrestling is still very good. Cain's BJJ is probably better but I dont think Brock will even be able to hold him down. Brock may get more TDs but I think Cain's striking will make the difference in this fight. I pick Cain.

If Brock had wrestled inthe NCAAs during the same time as Cain, he would NOT be a a national champ and probably would not have made it to the finals. Cain was contending with and even getting wins against some of the best HW wrestlers in NCAA history in Conrad and Mocco.

Cain is a better wrestler, IMO, showing a greater diversity in his takedowns, better set ups, and he is definitely the better striker.

Cain is a better wrestler, IMO, showing a greater diversity in his takedowns, better set ups, and he is definitely the better striker.

This. Cains stand up is so much more crisp and quicker. On the feet he will light Brock Lesnar's shit up.

Brock is bigger. Brock is more explosive.
Cain is more diverse. Cain is more technical.

In a technical aspect, Cain could outpoint Brock. More likely then not though, Brock will get on top and outwrestle Cain from size.

Cain's gonna murder Brock once Brocks plan A fails (power double). Cain knows exactly what Brocks going to do. Brock is in trouble. When this fight is over people will wonder why the fuck they ever thought Brock would win.

Cain's gonna murder Brock once Brocks plan A fails (power double). Cain knows exactly what Brocks going to do. Brock is in trouble. When this fight is over people will wonder why the fuck they ever thought Brock would win.

I honestly think Brock is going to try for more than a power double, if he's smart.

Back