Break-Up Stories

I had a girl break up with me after she asked me to drive to a burger place called Peter's Drive-In for a burger and milkshake.

She paid, but then broke the news when I pulled back up to her house. Wtf?
She wanted you to pay?

Little update, I'm going out for my best friend's Birthday today, and she's going to be there. This'll be rough.

Breakups are always a good thing. Especially if you actually loved the person deeply and were good to them. Usually that means that they saw the best you had, and took it completely for granted. Who wants to waste a single second of their life with anyone like that?

There are a lot of people out there who fully appreciate that devotion. The difference is night and day when the relationship is right. If you're dealing with any negativity directed towards you in your relationship, get out right away.
Thanks, for that. In my own mind, maybe I can salvage it, but it probably isn't worth it.

The only thing I want, is to make amends of a shitty situation, where a lot of things fell into place, forming a shitstorm. I just don't want her to hate me, y'know? Being salty just isn't my style.

Last gf broke up with me via text. She was supposed to pick me up at the airport. When I landed I got a text saying she doesn't see this going anywhere blah blah blah....left me stranded
Getting left via text sucks hard. There is no nuance or real feelings to be garned from it. Imo, breaking up over text is one of the worst things a person can do to another.

My ex from back in like 2002 married another woman recently. She blames me for it. I get drunk phone calls from her and she blames me for everything.

She could have gotten any guy, but instead shes married to a chick that thinks shes a guy... I'm still pretty shocked by it.

WOMEN! AMIRITE!

She wanted you to pay?
No, when she broke the news she explained that the whole point of her paying was to take the sting off of her breaking up with me. When she told me all this I told her I'd just rather she told me instead of drag the whole thing out, even if I did get a free burger and milkshake out of it.

Women...

Well, I went out with her, to a club. She got off with some random guy, right in front of me. Hope you guys had a better night than I did.

Well, I went out with her, to a club. She got off with some random guy, right in front of me. Hope you guys had a better night than I did.

Better off without out her. I know it's cliche but that's some heartless spiteful shit she pulled. For her to act like that in front of you good riddance.

I don't know how you divorced guys do it. I'm 5 months out of a 5-year relationship and even in the days I think I'm going to be ready to move on I'll have a dream or something about her that puts me right back where I started. I haven't felt truly relaxed since it happened - I can't imagine if we'd been married with kids or something.

It's a shitty funk to be in for sure.

I feel ya man. After my girl of 3 year's finally walked away from me, it took another 3 years to get over it but only cuz she messaged me outta nowhere and had a long talk which ended shitty so finally giving me the closure I needed to be free. I'm sure closure is what you need now bud.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_earth

Absolutely anything you have in common or that she can use against you needs to been removed from your life. Never contact her again and if you run into her keep it short and impersonal.
You bet. It was the single most-painful experience of my short life, and I'm gling to leave her in the dust. I only went out with her because she's friends with a close buddy of mine, who's Birthday it was.

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

Better off without out her. I know it's cliche but that's some heartless spiteful shit she pulled. For her to act like that in front of you good riddance.
It made me miss her a lot less. I wanted to be mature, and to be civil with one-another, for the sakes of oyr mutual friends, but that was the most twisted thing a person has done to me in a long while.

She's out of my life, for good.

My fiancee of three years cheated on me and was lying about it for months. She has breast cancer, just had a mastectomy, medical bills out the ass and I got her paying me back thousands of dollars that she owes me. Karma's a bitch.

My fiancee of three years cheated on me and was lying about it for months. She has breast cancer, just had a mastectomy, medical bills out the ass and I got her paying me back thousands of dollars that she owes me. Karma's a bitch.
Good for you, not getting mugged off. Hope all is well.

Lol in my defense I turned my back on her after hours of arguing to go to the kitchen for a drink. I'll never turn my back on an angry crazy girl again

You should never give your back to an angry woman, is just not safe.

I was having an affair with this one woman in a relationship. We had an argument one day in her house, she said I had a small penis so I proceeded to murder this bitch but some other guy got blamed for it. I think his name was OJ or some shit. What a goof.

Stupid, I wrote the first part and I believed you

My ex-wife probably has some PTSD from the split. It took me a long time to build the courage to drop it on her and I knew she wouldn't take it well. She went to the ER twice due to panic attacks. Had a severe breakdown. She's a nurse so her doctor/employer pumped her full of sedatives a few times. She'll probably never get over it. I'm just glad she didn't hurt herself. This has truly been the worst experience of my life.

She seems to loved you a lot to react like that, why did you leave someone who loved you so deeply?

Been four years now and I still have dreams about my ex-wife.

Wake up sad and confused. Wish I could just let it go but my subconscious won't. Maybe because I'm alone or maybe because I don't understand why it didn't work.

Did she break up with you? Didn't tell you anything?

I have a pretty good one. I used to be very depressed and this weighed on my ex quite a bit. From my perspective at the time, I was being honest and pouring my deepest vulnerabilities to her. I hoped she would be more compassionate. She was dealing with her path in life and some family issues as well and my depression only added on to her burdens. Our relationship was straining already and we didn’t see each other often even though we lived a 20 min walk away from eachother. The straw finally broke when I sent her a long email about my thoughts on life and humanity in general. It was very negative and somewhat creepy, and she freaked out, thought I was going to hurt her, myself and perhaps other people, called the police on me and drove two hours to another town to stay over at her ex-boyfriend’s place. At the time, I was oblivious to all of this and I tried to call her but couldn’t get in touch, which seemed odd.

I was just chilling when I heard a knock on my door and opened it to see a cop ask me if he can see if I have any weapons. I said sure, I have this one box cutter a pair of boxing gloves. The police also apparently called my shrink as he later came and my shrink, the cop, and I had a conversation about the email I sent her. She was freaked out by it that she sent a copy to the police. My shrink thought it was a very negative email but nothing to be freaked out about, especially if you knew me since as depressed as I was, he didn’t think I was actually going to hurt somebody. He and I convinced the cop that I’m not a risk to anyone and everything was settled, but after that, I spiraled into an even more extreme depression. She probably cheated on me, but for me the bigger betrayal was getting the authorities involved and thinking that I would actually hurt her. We later talked and she told me her dad, who is a cop (and depressed himself), told her to call the police right away and that she had to think of her safety first. Needless to say, the relationship was over.

The memory of this used to fill me with anger for the next couple years but now I laugh about it. It would’ve been a more interesting story if a SWAT team crashed through my door instead of that one cop. I guess I should be glad he wasn’t trigger happy and shoot me. I eventually felt sympathetic towards her and her family, who lived in so much fear of potential bad things happening at any moment.

I'm so glad that someone like you can have a laugh about this now, I wouldn't be able...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_earth

Absolutely anything you have in common or that she can use against you needs to been removed from your life. Never contact her again and if you run into her keep it short and impersonal.

Man, I loved your answer, like..Awesome! You must have some experience on this :) How do I destroy my enemy resources without destroying me?

breaking up means you're available for something that could be a lot better than what you had. the, "glass half-full" mentality is a healthy way of assessing these types of situations.

My ex-wife probably has some PTSD from the split. It took me a long time to build the courage to drop it on her and I knew she wouldn't take it well. She went to the ER twice due to panic attacks. Had a severe breakdown. She's a nurse so her doctor/employer pumped her full of sedatives a few times. She'll probably never get over it. I'm just glad she didn't hurt herself. This has truly been the worst experience of my life.
Sorry to hear that man

just recently there was this chick in my building who was waiting in the lobby with a huge suitcase because the elevator was busted. she wasn't even hot & was dressed down in sweats & shit. I asked if she needed help & she timidly said 'sure'. I figured she lived on the 3rd/4rth floor at most but no, she lived on the 7th floor. I struggled to carry her shit up from the 5th floor & up but I did it & she was like super, super grateful thanking me & shit.

cut to a week or two later I'm walking with my girl & we see these two chicks dressed SUPER slutty yet sexy too, drunk & ultra loud. then one of them approaches me, talking to me as if she knew me. I realized it was that chick except she was a Goddamn Transformer - makeup really does wonders. it was super awkward because she then decided to walk together with us, to our same building, for a good 4 blocks & there was no way to explain this to my girl. this other bird had the gonads to be catty to my girl & even wrap her arm around me a few times in front of her.

so we get to the lobby & I never take the stairs (I live on the 3rd floor) & that's when my girl says "no let's take the elevator". so there we all are & the fucking girl gets out on my floor too & follows me to my front door & says "now I know your apt. number", hugs me & leaves as if to rub it in my girl's face.

what makes it worse is that my girl is an American born Korean & this bitch is a fobby ass Chinese chick that has a dorky sexy confidence about her, so that's a recipe for a Goddamn cat fight.

wtf man. this is not how Karma is supposed to work. I know this fucking bugs my girl to this day.

I had a long distance relationship,and the break up took forever. We broke up and still acted like we were still together on and off,and we would fight like we were married. It took a long time to truly "seperate" Looking back i cant believe the shit i put up with a bitch who lived 400 miles away,but hey,i loved her and she loved me.

You must not have heard of the "Heiny rule"

"The Heiny Rule" ... if you ain't gettin' no heiny, then you ain't gotta put up with no bullshit.

Tonycpa

Back