Break-Up Stories

My ex from back in like 2002 married another woman recently. She blames me for it. I get drunk phone calls from her and she blames me for everything.

She could have gotten any guy, but instead shes married to a chick that thinks shes a guy... I'm still pretty shocked by it.

lol, man i would be losing it on her drunk rants. There's a duckman's joke reference somewhere in there.

Fuck. Her. Mom.

Not crazy, but ridiculous...dated a bisexual girl for a bit. She dumped me on Valentine's Day because I turned her into a full blown lesbian. "I don't think I like guys anymore." was what I was told.

I felt like George Costanza.

My ex from back in like 2002 married another woman recently. She blames me for it. I get drunk phone calls from her and she blames me for everything.

She could have gotten any guy, but instead shes married to a chick that thinks shes a guy... I'm still pretty shocked by it.
how does she still have your number?

if I were to get divorced I'd be cutting communication off with her.

how does she still have your number?

if I were to get divorced I'd be cutting communication off with her.

That was my ex girlfriend, we weren't married. She had my number because we talked through email and she seemed like she just wanted to talk and remain friends, and for the most part she was always fine... I guess when she gets drunk she lets the truth leak out of her face though.

I have a pretty good one. I used to be very depressed and this weighed on my ex quite a bit. From my perspective at the time, I was being honest and pouring my deepest vulnerabilities to her. I hoped she would be more compassionate. She was dealing with her path in life and some family issues as well and my depression only added on to her burdens. Our relationship was straining already and we didn’t see each other often even though we lived a 20 min walk away from eachother. The straw finally broke when I sent her a long email about my thoughts on life and humanity in general. It was very negative and somewhat creepy, and she freaked out, thought I was going to hurt her, myself and perhaps other people, called the police on me and drove two hours to another town to stay over at her ex-boyfriend’s place. At the time, I was oblivious to all of this and I tried to call her but couldn’t get in touch, which seemed odd.

I was just chilling when I heard a knock on my door and opened it to see a cop ask me if he can see if I have any weapons. I said sure, I have this one box cutter a pair of boxing gloves. The police also apparently called my shrink as he later came and my shrink, the cop, and I had a conversation about the email I sent her. She was freaked out by it that she sent a copy to the police. My shrink thought it was a very negative email but nothing to be freaked out about, especially if you knew me since as depressed as I was, he didn’t think I was actually going to hurt somebody. He and I convinced the cop that I’m not a risk to anyone and everything was settled, but after that, I spiraled into an even more extreme depression. She probably cheated on me, but for me the bigger betrayal was getting the authorities involved and thinking that I would actually hurt her. We later talked and she told me her dad, who is a cop (and depressed himself), told her to call the police right away and that she had to think of her safety first. Needless to say, the relationship was over.

The memory of this used to fill me with anger for the next couple years but now I laugh about it. It would’ve been a more interesting story if a SWAT team crashed through my door instead of that one cop. I guess I should be glad he wasn’t trigger happy and shoot me. I eventually felt sympathetic towards her and her family, who lived in so much fear of potential bad things happening at any moment.

That was my ex girlfriend, we weren't married. She had my number because we talked through email and she seemed like she just wanted to talk and remain friends, and for the most part she was always fine... I guess when she gets drunk she lets the truth leak out of her face though.
I guess it's woman logic but I fail to see how her deciding to marry a woman is your fault.

I'm still married but it's been pretty shaky for months now. Small things escalate to bigger shit, and next thing you know both of you change for the worse.
I hear ya. Men only have so much patience before we get tired of the lack of respect. And I just might have my own break up story tonight if wife doesn't come home from work with a pizza to go with this 12 pack of beer I've been drinking since noon.

Last gf broke up with me via text. She was supposed to pick me up at the airport. When I landed I got a text saying she doesn't see this going anywhere blah blah blah....left me stranded

Lol I'm in my mid thirties and every dude I know is recovering from a divorce, in a shit rebound relationship after a divorce, in the middle of a divorce, or preparing for a divorce.

It's rough out there.

I've heard you say that before, we have very different lives. I know of 1 contemporary who is divorced, everyone else never married or is happily married.

I do know a couple of broken homes but they never married, just had kids then split.

My breakup story is I dumped a girl, she then slept with my best mate, then I slept with her. Me and my mate were like, bros before hoes and sent her packing. She's salty to this day.

Best lay I ever had though. Had sex 30 times one weekend, made her orgasm at least 4 times, usually 7+ and she was down for anything. Good times.

Last gf broke up with me via text. She was supposed to pick me up at the airport. When I landed I got a text saying she doesn't see this going anywhere blah blah blah....left me stranded
Did you wait for 10 days?

I've heard you say that before, we have very different lives. I know of 1 contemporary who is divorced, everyone else never married or is happily married.

I do know a couple of broken homes but they never married, just had kids then split.

My breakup story is I dumped a girl, she then slept with my best mate, then I slept with her. Me and my mate were like, bros before hoes and sent her packing. She's salty to this day.

Best lay I ever had though. Had sex 30 times one weekend, made her orgasm at least 4 times, usually 7+ and she was down for anything. Good times.

Yeah I don't know how representative the people in my life are. I have a pretty pessimistic view on relationships from my own failures and watching everyone I know cycle through shitty relationships.

I'm sure if most of the people I knew were in happy relationships I might have a different perspective.

Yeah I don't know how representative the people in my life are. I have a pretty pessimistic view on relationships from my own failures and watching everyone I know cycle through shitty relationships.

I'm sure if most of the people I knew were in happy relationships I might have a different perspective.

I think it's a third that last, so both of us have pretty skewed viewpoints I think.

What's proven is the more optimistic you are, the better life is to you. I guess you're lucky if life is kind to begin with.

I think it's a third that last, so both of us have pretty skewed viewpoints I think.

What's proven is the more optimistic you are, the better life is to you. I guess you're lucky if life is kind to begin with.

This is true. I come from a fucked up dysfunctional background so it's a wonder we can stand each other and function as it is, much less sustain functional relationships.

My entire personality changes and is much more positive in a relationship, but I'm smart enough to know that isn't a good thing.

This is true. I come from a fucked up dysfunctional background so it's a wonder we can stand each other and function as it is, much less sustain functional relationships.

My entire personality changes and is much more positive in a relationship, but I'm smart enough to know that isn't a good thing.

It's certainly worth observation, but one must also take into account that preventing oneself from harm can prevent happiness. There's no easy answer.

You do however seem smart enough to judge character well enough, should you have a high enough opinion of yourself so as not to put up with more than is sensible.

Breakups are always a good thing. Especially if you actually loved the person deeply and were good to them. Usually that means that they saw the best you had, and took it completely for granted. Who wants to waste a single second of their life with anyone like that?

There are a lot of people out there who fully appreciate that devotion. The difference is night and day when the relationship is right. If you're dealing with any negativity directed towards you in your relationship, get out right away.

Back