Brazilians know how to finish fights

welcometohavoc

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Still the prelims and we already have nearly as many finishes as we did on the entire Berlin card

Or maybe they just have more holes in their game which allow finishes to occur?

Perhaps they also fight with a bit of unnecessary aggression?

Well considering we've had a plethora of Brazilian champions, and a single European (Arlovski) champion in the UFC...

Well considering we've had a plethora of Brazilian champions, and a single European (Arlovski) champion in the UFC...

And for every Brazillian champion there's probably about a dozen or two constantly getting subbed or KO'd on the undercard.

Conversely there hasn't been nearly as many Euro fighters as Brazillians in the UFC.

And for every Brazillian champion there's probably about a dozen or two constantly getting subbed or KO'd on the undercard.

Conversely there hasn't been nearly as many Euro fighters as Brazillians in the UFC.

Since we're throwing out generalizations, this could easily be because until recently the talent pool in Europe has been low, whereas it's always been high in Brazil

All aggression is necessary, says the JBG.

You make good points though. Still fun to watch.

Wow three finishes. Two of the three people that were finished were Brazilian, so should I start a thread called "Brazilians know how to be finished"?

Since we're throwing out generalizations, this could easily be because until recently the talent pool in Europe has been low, whereas it's always been high in Brazil

The entire premise of your thread is a generalization.

Since we are all throwing out generalizations.. let me join in :)

Great striking causes knockouts, and great jiu-jitsu leads to submissions. Wrestling can obviously bring about a finish, but I've seen some great wrestling result in more than a few boring decisions. The most popular martial arts in Brazilian MMA are Muay Thai and BJJ - the vast majority of Brazilian fighters don't have an elite wrestling game, but tend to be very skilled in either striking or BJJ, which by my logic cause finishes. I honestly can't think of many boring Brazilian fighters... genealra gernalr generalziatn... In short, wrestling is boring - and Brazilians suck at wrestling.

You forget who owns the UFC and who the matchmaker is. They are being exposed pretty badly lately. There will be NO Brazilian champions within 1 year, and probably never again

You forget who owns the UFC and who the matchmaker is. They are being exposed pretty badly lately. There will be NO Brazilian champions within 1 year, and probably never again

Machida? Werdum? Barao could easily get his title back, and Aldo isn't losing his anytime soon.

Other than that, great post

I think it`s why Brazilian gas out so fast. They are too aggressive to finish early.

lol at exposed.... Like Brazilian can`t lose a fight or be out of his prime.

Back