Brazilian MMA going the way of Japanese MMA?

This has gotta be a troll job.

I love that the U.S. is doing so well in the belt count, but get real. These guys aren't cemented as champs (Silva/Jones/GSP style) yet, and there's a ton of talent out there. And besides, it's an American org, and the majority of fighters are American.

turning-japanese.jpg

Shogun and JDS were never champs at the same time, Jones had already beaten Shogun when JDS won the belt. At their peak Brazil had 3 champs(JDS, Anderson, Aldo) and one interim champ(Barao). The US had the LHW, LW, BW, Women's BW and FlyW belts.

Even during JMMA's heydey, Brazilian MMA was still vastly superior to all but the Americans.

arona-saku.jpg

Sorry, but Brazil is far too violent of a country for MMA not to be huge over there. Even if it dies in the mainstream(which I seriously doubt), the country will always produce talent.

They heyday would actually be when Saku was collecting Gracie-arms. Not to say Brazilians weren't great still. But I'm saying you picked about 3 years after Saku could be considered elite.

Do you guys even question yourselves?

Or do you just think of something, like it, and say it?

Yeah, because right now is how it will always, and is due to a single unifying reason

Definitely the second choice. I think we're all guilty of it sometimes.

I swear some Sherdoggers are afraid of information because it might not make their favourite fighter look good.

I swear some Sherdoggers are afraid of information because it might not make their favourite fighter look good.

Yeah. I did that a lot back in.... 2004-2007ish. It takes some time to grow as a human. And honestly some people will never learn. Most will grow though. It usually taking one of their Gods falling more than once.

Jones fans will get there someday unless their guy bows out really fast. Then we'll have a Rocky Marciano situation.

Yeah, because right now is how it will always, and is due to a single unifying reason

I think it's very possible.

It's like no other country will EVER compete with the US in American Football.

Hell, I'll even say the US will never be a powerhouse in world soccer.

Obviously you can't always make a statement about how things will always be. Things can change.

However, what if I said Japanese fighters will never dominate MMA landscape? Would you respond the same way? Or would you say, that might be right, because of the size of the population and the fight culture?

I'll say too that Japan will never beat the US in basketball, would you dispute that too?

Im gonna get hate for this, but having lived all over the world, I have not seen as evolved and competitive athletic training, as a whole, and as widespread, in the us. So I am not surprised that the us always does well in popular sports. Look at the main sports in the Olympics.

When I trained with olympic athletes about 15 years ago, surprised to see how many asian athletes smoked for instance. And ones from china, for instance, played sports as a job. They didnt have as much dedication to training, it was just something they had always done as kids.

Where as with american athletes, just saw the dedication from resting to eating to training etc.

This is all just a generalization of course, and there are great athletes from all countries. Imo that as a whole, american culture has a lot more competitive and dedicated athletes from a young age

Within five years there won't be any Brazilians in the top 10 of any weight class. Americans/Canadians are simply better athletes.

It'll always be a 2 way race between the US & Brazil. As I see it.

1. USA
2. Brazil
3. Canada
4. Russia
-
-
99. Japan

Yeah. I did that a lot back in.... 2004-2007ish. It takes some time to grow as a human. And honestly some people will never learn. Most will grow though. It usually taking one of their Gods falling more than once.

Jones fans will get there someday unless their guy bows out really fast. Then we'll have a Rocky Marciano situation.

lol jones will dominate until all the bigots leave the sport

Brazilian mma is in trouble. Most of the talent produced on TUF is average at best and their best fighters like Machida, Werdum, Bigfoot, Nogueira are all getting quite old.

Back