Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Fighting Strategies

Don't have it but anything I've read/watched by Jacare has been solid.

Don't have it but anything I've read/watched by Jacare has been solid.
Yeah, I agree.

I'd like to know if it's just basics, or it's something that a purple belt can benefit from.

If you are looking for a book for a lot of techniques don't buy it. It is basically about different BJJ guys from his school describing their own training routine. Some of the guys I never even heard of.....

Can you give more details please?

It's mostly out of print, and it would cost a little bit to get.

Do you think it's worth to a purple belt with years of training and tournaments?

I have it and think it's one of the better books that I own. It is a compilation of his students being interviewed about their training routines/strategies, etc...It has technical components that I haven't really looked at (I don't really look at techniques in books too often) but the way it is organized is interesting.

The best part of the book/imo, is the end of the book in which Jacare discusses different types of opponents and different strategies on how to deal with those opponents. Very very good material in there.

I think this is one of the most underrated books around. Lots of great info, and I think that it is valuable for any belt level, but I think purple is the perfect level for this book as it focuses a lot more on the types of opponents you will come across.

Back