Brazilian Gas tank - an issue?

Shaddows

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
yesterday night was a prime example.
Erick Silva, Yan Cabral and Rafael Sapo.
All 3 fought last night.
All 3 lost due to getting tired.

That is also common to a lot of Brazilians (not all, but most IMO).
WHy is it?

At first, I attributed to the Wrestling mentality of Americans. They were used to wrestling, so they could go on for longer.

but nowadays, in this globalized world, I don't understand how those fighters keep making the same mistakes over and over again... thoughts?

The way you use your muscles in Jiu-Jitsu (the base for all this 3 fighters), is really different to the way you use it in wrestling.
The kind of explosion, endurance in wrestling helps more in MMA.
Also, they're all big wheight cutters

The way you use your muscles in Jiu-Jitsu (the base for all this 3 fighters), is really different to the way you use it in wrestling.
The kind of explosion, endurance in wrestling helps more in MMA.
Also, they're all big wheight cutters

well, that's exactly what I thought, but those guys train for MMA for a long time now.
Isn't it time to work on their endurance?

Because most brazilians acuatlly GO FOR IT not like your average lay and pray 5 round decisionist.

many Brazilians believe that all the cardio training needed is done through sparring and don't do much extra cradio exercises like running, circuit etc..

Simple: Brazilian gas tanks are measured in liters. 'Murican gas tanks are measured in GALLONS! F*&k yeah!

yesterday night was a prime example.
Erick Silva, Yan Cabral and Rafael Sapo.
All 3 fought last night.
All 3 lost due to getting tired.

That is also common to a lot of Brazilians (not all, but most IMO).
WHy is it?

At first, I attributed to the Wrestling mentality of Americans. They were used to wrestling, so they could go on for longer.

but nowadays, in this globalized world, I don't understand how those fighters keep making the same mistakes over and over again... thoughts?

Don't be hasty.... Wait to here his own Brazillian excuses

Machida and A. Silva have never been tired in their lives.

good point... and reason why I noted not all.
But many others do get tired. Actually most do get tired after the first round. We had prime example last night!

is not something that could be generalized, if not that almost all brazilians (except the FLW and SW women that fight at BW just to be in the biggest show) are great weightcutters.

Machida and A. Silva have never been tired in their lives.

I remember seeing an interview after their sparring session. They had just sparred 12 rounds and were exhausted.

The interview was in Portuguese with sub-titles, and Machida said (regarding the ie'ntense training) something like 'this isn't for everyone'.
He had obviously trained with people that it wasn't for.

I think it is, but even more when the guy thinks BJJ is enough like Yan Cabral/Maia.

I think it is, but even more when the guy thinks BJJ is enough like Yan Cabral/Maia.

no, nothing like that, demian he only gassed hard on his last fight, and y demian only has jj, not that he took fitch down and controled him for 3 rounds

Back