Brazilian excuses? Not Erick Silva.

Do you have an excuse to make yet another thread about this?:rolleyes:

really sad that people feel the need to trash this guy. I am a fan win lose or draw. That fight was awesome to watch.

If he had made an excuse you guys would be giving him shit.

he did blink during that fight tho!

No ones riding silva's ass for this. He took an absolute beating like a man, and never gave up.

really sad that people feel the need to trash this guy. I am a fan win lose or draw. That fight was awesome to watch.

Agreed. He's a warrior for just stepping into the cage. An honest and respectful response. He's hard on himself, i'm sure he'll get back to training harder than he ever has and come back much better, obviously sets a high standard for himself and wants to redeem his last performance. Good on him, hope to see him in full form in his next fight.

What irritates me about Erick is he seems to have all the talent in the world yet has the one of the worst fight IQ's I have ever seen. He should never have lost the Kim and Brown fights. He never seems to relax in the cage and just wants to blitz his opponent. I still believe in his talent but he wont reach his potential unless this changes. Other than though, he has a huge heart. Fitch was beating on him pretty bad in 3rd round of their fight and he never gave in and he took a hell of a lot of punishment from Brown before the fight got stopped. Props to him.

Good for him. I think the kid has some cardio issues or something, but can't fault his attitude. Hopefully this makes him stronger.

And, as a matter of fact, Erick has a good excuse to lose the fight. I present to sherdog Grazi Massafera, the girl that our tabloids says that is dating Erick and distracted him from the training:

Grazi+Massafera+1.jpg

My respect for Eric Silva has gone up. Humility, class and accountability. Take note, you other Brazilian (and some American) fighters.

It seemed as though there was a lot of trashing of both fighters on sherdog. It was a rather bizarre reaction to two men putting it all on the line to entertain the fans in an exciting fight.

Both Brown and Silva put out their best efforts and both men deserve credit for putting on a great fight.

It was a good fight.
But I agree with you. That's the generation we live in. If you win, all the praise. If you lose, even if it was a good output on your part, you get trashed. God forbid JBJ or another champion loses, then people will be like "Well, (insert fighter's name) wasn't that good anyway, he/she was overhyped".

Back