Brazil Blogs v. July/August 2K10

Hillary

Brown Belt
Reaction score
MCAT over with, Pan, Brasileiro, and the Worlds behind me, I figured I

Awesome story... not so great about the wrist. Just remember Gordo. He innovated the halfguard, when he could only use one leg properly after an injury. No you can work on all chokes where you only need the fingers of one hand or something...

The last pic reminds me of my favourite bartender joke (my side job):

A grasshopper walks into a bar.

The bartender says: "Wow, this is crazy! You here! Do you know we have a drink named after you??"

Grasshopper says:"You have a drink called Larry?"

Sucks about the wrist. I mean how did that happen? It was a Traven wristlock right? He must have put that thing on hard and fast.

Ouchies.

It was a Tavares, not Traven, wristlock. I was trying to escape side control during a warm up roll (well, I thought it was warm up) and he grabbed under my elbow and bent it backwards. Very fast. Owie.

Wednesday I caught a ride with the Koral truck and headed early to Rio de Janeiro. Thanks to great friends, I rarely find myself without a place to crash, and in this case I was staying with my friends Neto, Leo, and Z

Last edited:
Damn Hillary, you are like a walking time bomb of bad luck right now lol.

Did you get to spend any time at Nova Geracao in your last trip to Rio? If I remember correctly, NG and GFT are pretty much your home gyms down there, right?

Wow...I've seen plenty of people get staph, most of the time from improperly managed equipment, but I've never seen anything like that. Larry was pretty Gnarly...

So were you only in Gordo's area for a few days, or are you planning on dropping by there at some point in the future? We could have some crazy Hillary/Gerbil crossover event coming up, epic would be a solid way to describe such a thing...

Larry
39317_416094842609_590847609_5400453_7445521_n.jpg

This could be the sexiest thing I've ever seen. The cankle, not the staph.

You make Brazil sound amazing. All the more reason for me to keep studying Portuguese.

Where in Rio is NG?
I think I will be taking my friend to Rio when he comes to visit from Canada next month, I was also thinking of droping into a class or two there....

if the staph is less aggresive then their north american counter part, i think that the antifungal and antipbacteria soap should destroy all those diseases. not that im an expert on it.

hilary, did you bring any antifungal soap down with you?

Where in Rio is NG?
I think I will be taking my friend to Rio when he comes to visit from Canada next month, I was also thinking of droping into a class or two there....

Nova Geracao is in Leblon, next to Ipanema beach, and Ipanema is next to Copacabana.

if the staph is less aggresive then their north american counter part, i think that the antifungal and antipbacteria soap should destroy all those diseases. not that im an expert on it.

hilary, did you bring any antifungal soap down with you?

My issue was that my immune system was really down. I was incredibly sad (personal) and didn't eat for almost the entire first week of my trip. I was forcing down 200-300 calories a day. That, as it turns out, makes you weak.

Back