Braz. Black belt champ to open academy

When you tell a black belt raised in Brazil who doesn't make much money that you will pay them R$1,000 a month to teach 6 days a week and free rent in California they will be ecstatic. When you tell a black belt raised in the US you will pay them $600 a month to teach 6 days a week they laugh at you.

It's a win win. The Brazilian gets to come to the US and work towards the possibility of opening his own school or doing something like that. And the gym gets a legitimate Brazilian instructor at a great price.

They already goinf to AD and teach for the sheik. I think they get 1,000-2,000 USD per week, appartment, car, annual trip back home.

all they have to do is take 2 classes per week of JJ in some local schools and train twice a week back at HQ with another 28 BBs i,e ADCC!

Anyone making jokes about his spelling/English, stop. Until you speak another language, you never know how hard it is to try--especially on a public forum.

While I think he should post his name, I can understand why not.

Brazilian JJ--try making a slightly more organized post on your credentials and stats, then whoever is interested can shoot you an email.

Example: Association, Age, Height/Weight, Teaching experience, Competition experience (be more specific i.e. South American or Brazilian Champion could be CBJJ, CBJJE, or CBJJO and are drastically different in prestige), English experience/Certification, etc. Sell yourself.

Ab

They already goinf to AD and teach for the sheik. I think they get 1,000-2,000 USD per week, appartment, car, annual trip back home.

all they have to do is take 2 classes per week of JJ in some local schools and train twice a week back at HQ with another 28 BBs i,e ADCC!

That is nuts! I guess when you are the Sheik of a country you can hire an army of black belts to train with no problem lol.

That is nuts! I guess when you are the Sheik of a country you can hire an army of black belts to train with no problem lol.

I think every school students in AD is training BJJ at least twice per week.

You can walk in the ADCC and can see 28 BBs training at once!

Uh...I think the stories about Abu Dhabi are getting a little bit exotic.

Yes, the kids in school have to do it, but you have to teach every day, for about six or seven hours a day. It's not like you're teaching two classes a week and chilling out the rest of the time. It's a great opportunity, and I've trained with the hordes of black belts there and it's a great experience, but it's not a free ride by any means. You do have to work just a little bit. ^_^

That said, I can understand why people are going out there. Even considered it myself. @_@

Take care,

Oli

Did they told you that they are teaching 6-7 hours per day?

Pretty much, yes. Up at 7 to teach until 3ish. Then apparently most of them go to sleep for a while, then get up for evening training.

Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick, but I was there for a week and considering moving out there, so I did some research. @_@

Did you see any of the fabled solid gold toilet bowls while you were there Oli?

...no. @_@

Saw some cool stuff, though. It's a nice place, but probably not the right place for me right now. Would be interested in going out there for a year or so at some point though. Planning a month out there after the Abu Dhabi Pro next year. Can't beat 30 black belts on the mat for a while. Just to test your game out.

Take care,

Oli

Geez, man.

Taking the p*ss out of someone writing in what might not be his first language? And slamming them for not wanting to publically anounce the name of someone interested in taking on some work?

Not cool.

As funny as it might be to some of the more ignorant locals, english IS a second/third language for many in the world. And if I were looking for a new job, I sure would want to be cautious too - in case my existing employer found out. Or maybe there are gym politics involved.... who knows?

as today I have time of answering this funny posts:

-I speek 6 langages, and I really don't care here to speek my best english, now, when you will speek 6 langages learning it all by yourself, then you will be able to open your big mouth (to stay correct).

-Second, the peoples that were interested, just send me an email like I gave, and they had in the same day every "names" lineage, palmares...

I know what is a forum, I know that there is plenty of ass holes, so I don't lose my time.
And also, when you are looking for a gym, the only persons who needs to hear names, is the interested people who are looking for a BB to teach in there gym. Whe don't need things like 5 years later "oh I remember this guy whas llooking everywhere he posted on sherdog. This is not how things make up.

I hope now it's more easy for you to understand, as I don't think my methods are bad, as we always have very good propositions, with peoples that don't regret.

is this "amplement suffisant" ?!

as today I have time of answering this funny posts:

-I speek 6 langages, and I really don't care here to speek my best english, now, when you will speek 6 langages learning it all by yourself, then you will be able to open your big mouth (to stay correct).

-Second, the peoples that were interested, just send me an email like I gave, and they had in the same day every "names" lineage, palmares...

I know what is a forum, I know that there is plenty of ass holes, so I don't lose my time.
And also, when you are looking for a gym, the only persons who needs to hear names, is the interested people who are looking for a BB to teach in there gym. Whe don't need things like 5 years later "oh I remember this guy whas llooking everywhere he posted on sherdog. This is not how things make up.

I hope now it's more easy for you to understand, as I don't think my methods are bad, as we always have very good propositions, with peoples that don't regret.

is this "amplement suffisant" ?!

Hahaha, good comeback. I like the little dig at the end. Fair play to ya, I hope you get some good responses. :D

Back