Brawls predicting professional fight outcomes?

fight4ippon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
DC fan here and oddly enough a fan of Jones as well (i favor DC of the two). So looking back at the presser brawl these two had; remember when Jones was teasing DC saying that DC felt weak and that he was able to take him down?

i thought JJ was crazy and that there is no way a quick brawl like that could predict the outcome of an upcoming fight, but that is kind of what the fight looked like.

Was Jones properly predicting the fight based on the brawl, or was he just blowing hot air??? Mr Jones is caulky but most of the shit he says ( i can recall shortly) is pretty accurate.

Do you guys feel pre fight brawls can help predict what a full fight will be like?

Also for fun, think back to the Wanerlei/ Chael Brawl from TUF. I got love for Wand but as many fellow sherdoggies mentioned that is pretty much what the fight would look like : chael taking wand down at the beginning of each round and slowly dominating him.

Thoughts? Jokes? random silliness and obvservations??

He was blowing hot air. He was the better fighter, but I can't imagine he could get a feel for how strong DC "felt" by toppling off a stage with him.

Its just a mental game hyping themselves up for war.

Nobody can prepare for a brawl like that, it just happens heat of the moment. I've been in a few myself, and if it's unexpected you have a huge disadvantage once you get hit with a cheap shot.. You're vision blurs and it's hard to retain your focus to smash that douchebag in the face.

Nobody can prepare for a brawl like that, it just happens heat of the moment. I've been in a few myself, and if it's unexpected you have a huge disadvantage once you get hit with a cheap shot.. You're vision blurs and it's hard to retain your focus to smash that douchebag in the face.

thats a great point.

Not like jones took him down and beat him up the entire fight anyways.

It's a shame wand vs chael never happened

Back