News BRAVE CF welterweight champion Jarrah Hussein Al-Silawi has signed with PFL

Mixed feelings about this. He's a great fighter and I would have loved to see him in the UFC. As long as he's getting paid.

Very good signing, shocked the UFC didn't go for him. They should have picked him up instead of Al Qaisi if they wanted a middle eastern fighter.

He will start next month? ...is this an extra fight as he is too late for tourney or is this part of their new pay-for-view plan to keep the money flowing throwing out their seasonal sport concept.

He will start next month? ...is this an extra fight as he is too late for tourney or is this part of their new pay-for-view plan to keep the money flowing throwing out their seasonal sport concept.
Sounds like he'll be debuting next month and most likely be in the next season. I don't think they're scrapping the seasonal format btw, just adding a "PPV division". No idea what that means, but they've certainly made no mention of scrapping the seasonal format.

I'll be in the minority I suspect but if they put the season finale on PPV and charged a reasonable price for it (ie not 60 bucks more like 20-30, in the Rizin ball park) I'd buy it. PFL has some issues but is also getting a lot right so I'm not opposed to supporting them.

The card next month is the tournament finals, so he certainly won't be in this year's tournament.

Back