News Brave CF 37 Lintula vs Glismann Aug 1 9am/12am PM/ET PBP Discussion

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Vulcan, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Vulcan Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

let's see If he gets Aaron Pico'd, apparently 7 fighters nope'd the fuck out of fighting him

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    Hannibal Lector likes this.
  2. Cole train Silver Belt

He beat my ex training partner in immaf last year

3. Raffen Orange Belt

Khabib and his 1000 cousins

4. Canarinha Orange Belt

Seriously has anyone watched this kid fight?

Seems like a very talented fighter if all the top mma organisations are after him.

BBC Sport
    menu
    Muhammad Mokaev: Refugee on course to become youngest UFC champion
    By Ben Collins & Alex Gulrajani BBC Sport
    • 30 July 2020
    [​IMG]
    "I want to be the youngest UFC champion" - Mokaev
    For mixed martial arts prospect Muhammad Mokaev, comparisons with UFC champion Khabib Nurmagomedov have been inevitable.

Both come from the Russian republic of Dagestan and often wear its traditional papakha headpiece. They have similar fighting styles and are both unbeaten.

But Mokaev's skills were honed in the north west of England rather than the wrestling hotbed of Dagestan after he was "sneaked in" to the UK as a 12-year-old refugee.

Eight years on, he has Bahraini royalty in his corner and the MMA world at his feet. A two-time amateur world champion, he will make his professional debut with Brave Combat Federation in Sweden on Saturday.

"I want to be the youngest UFC champion ever," he tells BBC Sport. "I want to show kids you can come from nothing and still be number one.

"Khabib's a great role model to the next generation. But I want to be the first Muhammad Mokaev, not the second Khabib.

"I want to create my own history."

Mokaev, who is based in Salford, is celebrating his 20th birthday on Thursday. Already he has some story.

'My life started again from zero'
    Shortly after his mother died, "political issues" forced Mokaev and his father Murad to flee Russia in July 2012.

"I didn't want to sit on the couch, getting benefits because I'm a refugee," he says. "I wanted to make my father proud, to do something special, so I trained morning and night. I had to grind."

Eventually, Mokaev needed help. In 2018, his travel documents weren't accepted on arrival in Bahrain for the IMMAF World Championships. After waiting 32 hours to be deported, it was time to call the sheikh.

"I landed on the holy day so I didn't want to disturb him until Saturday morning," Mokaev says. "Within minutes people arrived to get me through the airport and to a five-star hotel."

Mokaev, who now represents England but is yet to get a passport, won the junior bantamweight title in front of Nurmagomedov, who later told him to "keep it going".

The 2019 event was also in Bahrain but this time Mokaev was stopped at Manchester airport and missed his flight. No matter - the next day the sheikh flew him out from London on his private Boeing to start a four-week training camp at his house.

"It's beautiful," says Mokaev. "There's a massive gym, with 60 people. They cook for you, wash your kit, there's even a Starbucks with free drinks."

Sheikh Khalid carried Mokaev's spit bucket as he defended his world title last November, shouting instructions from his corner before holding aloft an English flag.

"He kept telling me to wrestle - that's my strength," says Mokaev. "He's a very humble guy, we can talk to each other openly.

"He's surrounded by people that ask for things all the time; I wanted to stand out by not asking. Then your relationship becomes different, and now we're good friends."

Mokaev had two more wins in March before ending his amateur career with a 23-0 record to turn professional with Brave. But finding his first opponent has been difficult.

"Guys simply don't want to fight him," said Brave president Mohammed Shahid, before Northern Ireland's Glenn McVeigh agreed to face him on Saturday.

Mokaev says he had more lucrative offers from rival promotions Bellator and One, plus UFC interest, but "my relationship with the sheikh is not about money".

Sheikh Khalid accepts the UFC is "the dream" so has agreed a rolling contract, allowing Mokaev to leave Brave when he's ready.

Time is on his side. Jon Jones became the youngest UFC champion in 2011, when at 23 years and 242 days he claimed the light-heavyweight title he still holds today.

Breaking that record is Mokaev's goal, and to help him remember, he occasionally returns to where his new life began, distributing food at the refugee centre.

"When I see the kids - their clothes, their food - I see myself eight years ago," he says. "It reminds me to stay motivated, to not stop, to go all the way."

Attached Files:

5. kezxtie Banned Banned

Yan should just hand his belt over right now amirite

6. Reach4theSky Playin' a riddim

It’s raining Khabib’s hallelujah..

Silvestr likes this.
  7. Kung Fu Kowboy Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Dagestan / Russia had a dream... to put a Khabib in every division.

Silvestr, ZeroGravity, Kb7 and 2 others like this.
  8. toutadixballes Playing touch butt in a park

Hahaha it's glorious, only muslim fighters in every class

<Ellaria01>

Alhamdullilah and stuff buddies

l@nd0

9. Godrehs23 White Belt

How many Khabibs do we need

10. Kb7 Brown Belt

This is not funny anymore. America needs better fighters, too bad their too busy on TikTok and Instagram dancing.

Hannibal Lector and Chucky like this.
  11. Hellowhosthat Red Belt

I was wrong about his opponents record, that was his ammy record and he's also making his pro-debut.

Anyway, Mokaev kinda being a dick and trying to get in his head at weigh ins, seemed to be working as the dude kept looking down at his own legs.

12. ZeroGravity Yellow Belt

Anyone have a link to the fights ?

13. Vulcan Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

14. Vulcan Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

15. Hellowhosthat Red Belt

<{JustBleed}>

Vulcan likes this.
  16. Hellowhosthat Red Belt

How was the Mokaev fight? I saw that he won.

17. Vulcan Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

it was alright won by top control and total domination

Silvestr and Hellowhosthat like this.
  18. Hellowhosthat Red Belt

Watched the Mokaev fight, he did fine, I actually think his opponent was pretty good and might do okay as a pro too.

19. Cole train Silver Belt

Yeah i know him

As i said above my ex training partner lost to him at immaf

Also the woman who got kod trains at my former gym

20. Hannibal Lector Orange Belt

Honestly not sure if he can become youngest champ... I could see him becoming champ but it might take longer than what he wants. Could be wrong though. I think he gets in the ufc forsure though in the next two years the very least.

Also he has much better chances if it’s at 125. 135 is a shark tank.