1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Braulio Estima thoughts on Josh Koscheck!!!

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Daihlo, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Daihlo

Daihlo Orange Belt

17 page article with Braulio Estima, looks at loads of techniques, how he develops his own training, and his uncensored thoughts on Josh Koscheck!!!

Must read!

Article on front page of eDojo.TV

You can also get 30 days free use on the site at the moment which unlocks loads more BJJ content including Braulio Estima, Victor Estima, Kron Gracie technique files and more!!!

2. maravillin

maravillin Blue Belt

what did he say about crotchcheck?

3. Daihlo

Daihlo Orange Belt

Inverted triangle round 1 I would bet!

4. armtriangle

armtriangle Brown Belt

He said he is the fighter that he would most like to fight, just because he thinks Kos is a dick and he would like to shut his mouth. His wrestling is not strong enough to stop Braulio, and he would choke him out.

5. xMikeyX

xMikeyX Purple Belt

I think Braulio should fight Rick Hawn first- I'm a huge Braulio fan but WTF- let's see him fight someone!?

6. winman

winman White Belt

wow does anyone like koscheck?

7. Drew Foster

Drew Foster Silver Belt

I don't hate him. I think he plays a character and I also know that the Dave Camarillo I know wouldn't train so closely with someone he didn't respect, and that man has character.

Everyone I know or have heard of that has spent time with Kos off camera says he is a cool dude.

WITH THAT being said, I have watched this season of TUF and I don't like Kos' "persona" at all.

He has a better chance to beat GSP than people think though. Kos should not be written off. In the first fight, Kos was at a place where he had trained ZERO wrestling because he had been finding success with his hands and he also never dreamed GSP could take him down. He also hit GSP with the Barsagar (single to double flare), which even though it's his signature toss, no one has taken down GSP since then that I know of.

If Kos has worked on his takedown defense, and can force GSP to stand with him, he has a shot. I think GSP is a better overall striker, but Kos does have knockout power and strong boxing.

8. WolfManJiuJitsu***

WolfManJiuJitsu*** Purple Belt

kos - hmm, talking shit to the crowds (montreal), all the talk leading up the daley fight and he ends up wrestling humping daley for 3 rounds - hard to see him as anythign other than a dickhead.

anyhow, GsP willl smash him anyhow.

9. SuperSuperRambo

SuperSuperRambo Senior Moderator Senior Moderator

Eh, well, regardless of styles matching up, I wouldn't pick someone with 0 fights over a top 5 ranked fighter, regardless of grappling laurels.

10. kimura304

kimura304 White Belt

I don't mean to derail the thread but I met Josh a few months after he
    was originally on the ultimate fighter his first time around. I told him he
    was and I quote " one hell of a fighter" and he basicly brushed me off.
    He could care less that I complimented him or even recognized him. This
    was before he had "made it big". Anyhow...... some of his image he plays up
    for drama the rest is real.

11. Graunie

Graunie Blue Belt

The way I see it he makes Dave look bad as well. On a character level just because he picks on non-fighters like the medic and on a coach level because he is yelling at his guys to work harder instead of giving them strategies to defeat the GSP guys.

12. armtriangle

armtriangle Brown Belt

He seems like a legitimate meathead to me.

I don't fault Camarillo though. Most instructors are not going to refuse to train a person because they are douchebags. We have several at my gym, but unless they do something as a direct affront to the academy, they are allowed to train.

13. winman

winman White Belt

Camarillo is one of the best teachers out there. However, I heard he is kind of a dick as well. You can not trian with Ralph and have a little attitude rub off on you

14. Daihlo

Daihlo Orange Belt

Interesting thing is that this interview was before this season of TUF started!

Oh, and Braulio has been training a lot for MMA and I dont think would be too difficult to at least get into a clinch with a guy like Kos...

Braulio's BJJ game - nogi - once there is on a different level to anything Kos has faced to date. I dont think on the ground, that Kos would be the bigger threat...

Not that this fight is gonna even happen!

15. nakaiseye

nakaiseye Yellow Belt

braulio rules and kos is a tosser.

16. fourfif**

fourfif** Banned Banned

With all due respect... this.

I'd like to see him fight before speculating if he could hang with one of the best MMA welter weights in the world.

17. Auspex

Auspex Brown Belt

I hate judging someone based on their TV persona, but Kos seems like a dick. He also seems to like the role. I'm sure to his friends he's a cool dude.

Camarillo was a guy I really wanted to like - Did not like the way he "bullied" Michael Johnson and his massage therapist out of the room. Hoping it was just outta character.

18. MMA junkie

MMA junkie Purple Belt

I don't think a nice guy puts on a persona like that without some of it being half true. It's like someone pretending to joke with you but they are actually taking veiled shots at you. I just don't buy it.

19. Wrestler160

Wrestler160 Green Belt

So a guy who hasn't fought yet is saying he'll take down a top 5 fighter and submit him?:icon_chee

20. AthletcBodyCare

AthletcBodyCare Orange Belt

This!