Brandon Schaub Racist Controversy

But he's not though. He's not criticizing anyone's English. He's criticizing Brendan's comedy for trying to make fun of someone's English, who actually is completely fluent and well spoken.

It doesn't take a genius to see that the doctor has a much better grasp of English than Brendan.

It's like saying you can't criticize someone's jab because you can't throw a perfect roundhouse yourself.

I don't know, it may be that he's right. But if he thinks that use of reflexive pronouns and, presumably, other misuses, are acceptable, then that would amount to a lucky guess. The guy could have terrible grammar but the author wouldn't pick up on it. I don't think the analogy with jabs or other skilled tasks works because it's clear that in addition to being able to recognise good form, one needs the physical competence to execute it. With grammar, I don't really see a gap between knowing-that and knowing-how.

Im more offended by how unfunny Schaub's comedy is than any racism (its more just stereotypical ignorance than racism to be honest)

I’m all about dark humor and controversial subject matter but that is just weak stand up more than anything. Robin Williams used to impersonate races all the time and he could be both funny and tasteful while being over the top. Schaub just isn’t funny. That is the bottom line. Whether or not he’s a racist is anybody’s fucking guess but I think his comedic shortcomings make this clip worse than it is.

He was trying to go for his Mr Yunioshi impression. Is he going to do an impression of his good friend Bobby Lee with a thick korean accent to see how Bobby feels about it?

Last edited:
It is, but only because it's a really brainless thing to do, not because it's actually offensive. Comedy thrives on exaggeration, and comedians who can't tell funny jokes rely on clowning to fill the gap.

Doing an Asian accent doesn't make you any more racist against Asians than doing a southern accent makes you racist against white people, but it was a stupid choice here and completely unnecessary.
lol what?

Remember what he said about Daniel Cormier and Tyron Woodly? Not surprised.

Only annoyed with the "joke" as their's no humor in there. Racist shit is faf but damn, nothing was there. Just a lame steroetypical impression.

Are people really going to pretend it's not fucked up to put a fake accent to imitate someone you know of a different ethnicity when the person doesnt even have the accent,
Fucked up ? Of course not

Just a pathetically unfunny dude trying to make a “joke”

If he faked a Louisiana accent while talking about a guy from Montana would you get upset ? Would that be fucked up ? Because it’s the same thing

Are people really going to pretend it's not fucked up to put a fake accent to imitate someone you know of a different ethnicity when the person doesnt even have the accent,

Have you learned nothing around here? Racism is cool.

Stupid, but who cares lol.

Minorities say "white people do XYZ" all the fucking time. Don't cry when it comes back to you.

Fucked up ? Of course not

Just a pathetically unfunny dude trying to make a “joke”

If he faked a Louisiana accent while talking about a guy from Montana would you get upset ? Would that be fucked up ? Because it’s the same thing
it's not it's not remotely the same thing. You're trying to compare a marginalized minority to some white dude in Montana and a Louisiana accent. Because sometimes you just know what race somebody is by the way they talk. the stupidity and ignorance and tone deafness is disgusting

Stupid, but who cares lol.

Minorities say "white people do XYZ" all the fucking time. Don't cry when it comes back to you.
Hey fucknut you understand there's a difference between somebody who has been marginalized by White Society making a joke about XYZ and a white person reinforcing the hate and racism they have for the minority group in this country while disguising it as a "joke". you should probably be more quiet your racism showing

Most of these threads just devolve into "I'm a fat white dude and I'm not offended by racism, why is anyone else?!?!?! wow the old days were better lmao lol snowflakes!!! everyone is so ~sensitive~ these days!~"

The real victim is the art of comedy

I'm gonna give him a pass on this one since it was a part of a comedy routine, not gonna give him a pass on a sh!tty accent and just not funny...

Back