Brandon Quick SMH

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by TheRNC, Aug 14, 2016.

1. TheRNC

TheRNC Orange Belt

Didn't see it on the front page, didn't use search function, if there was a previous thread about this topic, it should not have gotten to page 2 by this point.

2. mike sherry

mike sherry Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Considering the quran says to not make friends of christians or jews brandon is not wrong here. I could not care less honestly

NoGiRonin likes this.
  3. dmwalking

dmwalking Sapateiro Belt

Woah, 30 minutes? I don't care enough about Quick to sit through that.

mike sherry likes this.
  4. mcdowels

mcdowels Brown Belt

shouldnt this be in the war room?

these shitheads more concerned about "blowback" than the reason for the blowback.

also islam is terrible

mike sherry, Uchi Mata and NoGiRonin like this.
  5. lechien

lechien Gold Belt

Bjj instructors should not talk about politics and religion. That is just wrong.

Calibur likes this.
  6. Uchi Mata

Uchi Mata Preaching the gospel of heel hooks and left kicks

This is however in the context of grappling sport. It makes sense for people to comment on it. I didn't watch the video (I don't need that much Brandon Quick in my life), but I do think it's deplorable for an athlete to not shake hands over a religious conflict.

AK Gerard, Byrd and NoGiRonin like this.
  7. lechien

lechien Gold Belt

I know instructor that make nice little posts on fb and you can tell easily tell that they are playing the race or religious card.

Is it Brandon that lie about his military service, lied about his belt ranking?

8. mike sherry

Both, technically he did serve but embellished his role i think?

9. Darwinambrosius

Darwinambrosius Thought you had a friend, boy?

10. berimBOWLoh

berimBOWLoh Silver Belt

Quran says a Muslim man can marry a Jewish or Christian woman.

11. mike sherry

Quran (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

12. BJJ_Rage

BJJ_Rage Gold Belt

yeah yeah islam is a religion of peace la la la... fuck ths shit, this guy can talk all he wants about nice good type of vers from the quoran, I can copy paste really awful ones too.

theres no doubt the quoran has violent passages in it, just like the OT has and the Tora, religion is the cancer of this world.

brandon was an idiot for bringing religion into a political problem though.

13. NoGiRonin

NoGiRonin Orange Belt

The Egyptian Judoka is a piece of shit for not shaking the Israeli's hand. Simple as that.

14. mike sherry

Is he though? Everyone from his country would have known and the Quran passage I had posted was pretty clear that you are not supposed to be friendly with jews, let alone someone from Egypt. I'm sure he was more worried about backlash at home than standing up for his personal beliefs

15. berimBOWLoh

berimBOWLoh Silver Belt

so u want a quote where Muslim men are allowed to marry Christian and Jewish women??

or are you such an expert on the Quran that it is not needed?? I can pick n choose which parts of the bible i want to quote, too.

Fact is, Muslim men CAN marry Christian or Jewish women. Muslim women can only marry Muslim men.

16. NoGiRonin

NoGiRonin Orange Belt

If you let your garbage religion get in the way of human decency and class, then it proves you are a garbage person.

17. mike sherry

A ) the quran passage i quoted is extremely clear. Notice you cannot refute the quote i posted at all. Feel free to post the other quote and we can discuss it in its proper context

B)bible is not into this discussion, this is a poor attempt at trying to falsely equate two religions when we are clearly talking about one and not the other

We are talking about a religion that kills for apostasy. He was born into the religion, if he had a choice when he was young he'd probably not have choosen the religion. Islam is basically an inhereted mental illness

18. berimBOWLoh

berimBOWLoh Silver Belt

. just noting the way it is written, esp the language it is written is, is open to interpetiation. Cant equate the 2 religions?? Christianity was built on Judaism and Islam was built on both.... cant equate them?? lol in your mind, maybe.

you verse is not about marriage and the translation is wrong. you dont understand the context it was said in, either.
    http://www.answering-christianity.com/sami_zaatri/friends.htm

im a Jew, not a Muslim. I know for a fact Muslim men can marry Jewish women, its happened in my family.

As to marriage, you are allowed to marry the chaste from among the believing women and the chaste from among those who have been given the Book before you (are lawful for you); provided that you have given them their dowries, and live with them in honor, not in fornication, nor taking them as secret concubines.”Qur’an (5:5).

(notice how this verse talks directly about marriage and yours doesnt?? )

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  19. mike sherry

I'm not going to bother with the poor attempts to revise the quran verse. It is not a mistranslation. Look at the quran.com website or anyother translation website. At best, it means allies and not friend.

I figured you were referring to verse 5:5

Well, here is the earlier verse 2:221

"And do not marry polytheistic women until they believe. And a believing slave woman is better than a polytheist, even though she might please you. And do not marry polytheistic men [to your women] until they believe. And a believing slave is better than a polytheist, even though he might please you. Those invite [you] to the Fire, but Allah invites to Paradise and to forgiveness, by His permission. And He makes clear His verses to the people that perhaps they may remember."

Well within this context, it is quite clear that they are expected to become muslims and therefore believers one day.

Mohammed was a piece of shit and he consistently had divine revisions to the quran when he saw fit.

I really have no desire to continue talking to you about islam. It is clear you are too emotionally invested for some strange reason. Good day sir

20. berimBOWLoh

berimBOWLoh Silver Belt

emotionally invested?? lol you are the one being upset.

i spent years learning about the Quran and Torah. Have you?? you think you know more because you went to a site that translates ancient arabic to english which is like reading complex Russian poetry and trying to translate it word for word to be perfectly the same in English??

sure, man. you are an expert. i could care less what you believe. thought you wanted a real conversation and thought you might actually have read the book yourself. Apparently no to either. I only lived among and studied with ppl who read the book on a daily basis. You obv have more knowledge than them. Perhaps you can move to the ME and teach, one day.

Have a good day.