Media Brandon Moreno drops Deiveson Figueiredo

Fig looked completely lost out there. Maybe he was drunk the night before or something.

This definitely pisses off Dana though. He was banking on Fig to be the new King Manlet.
Nah. A well received poster boy for UFC expansion in Mexico is a wet dream for them.

Tbh Deiveson looked awful. Not the same guy that fought Moreno in December.

It's a shame
When Someone has six months to prepare for you and took your best shots on short notice and you know that coming into the fight, this is what's going to happen. He knew it was going to be another tough fight. The weight cut didn't help, but it's not the story.

Moreno said he felt Figgy's energy was off, didn't want to take off his sunglasses look in him the eyes, felt off

Brandon had more time to prepare. Figgy wanted to take the usman route to victory and be patient instead of throwing hammers at the risk of being countered

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...s-an-example-and-promises-high-guard.4186447/

There’s patience and then there’s throwing like a dozen strikes per round.

Anyways, happy with the result. I had the 1st fight as a draw.

I picked Moreno as I thought if he could control the exchanges better this time and work off of his jab more that he’d leave less opportunities for Figgy.

Figueiredo’s time at FlyW seems to be drawing to a close. Waiting until the last minute to weigh in was a big red flag.

When Someone has six months to prepare for you and took your best shots on short notice and you know that coming into the fight, this is what's going to happen. He knew it was going to be another tough fight. The weight cut didn't help, but it's not the story.

Moreno said he felt Figgy's energy was off, didn't want to take off his sunglasses look in him the eyes, felt off

I'm not making excuses for Deiveson or taking anything away from Moreno, but that was a disappointing fight.

I'm not making excuses for Deiveson or taking anything away from Moreno, but that was a disappointing fight.
great fight.

I like both guys. It just was Moreno's night. I don't think anyone should take stuff away from usman on the technical side. I think the weightcut and the rhythm of the fight through off his rhythm so he felt off. That stuff happens. As stupid as it sounds, he should have done it the way he always done it and got into a slug fest. That would have given him the best chance to win, imo. But its whatever.

Fig looked completely lost out there. Maybe he was drunk the night before or something.

This definitely pisses off Dana though. He was banking on Fig to be the new King Manlet.
doubt it, bald goof has been trying to tap into the Mexican market for years and he finally has the fighter to help him do it.

Nah - you think Dana don’t want a Mexican champ? Moreno is exciting, funny, good at interviews. Dana is probably thrilled.

Moreno's an incredibly exciting, likeable fighter and the first Mexican champ. Dana is happy about this.

Let's be real. The weight cut dropped Figu, not Moreno.
He struggled just as bad against joe b with weight if not worse where he couldn't even make it and still decimated him.

Back