Brandon Halsey re-sign with Bellator Multi-year

Slongkong

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Brandon Halsey signed a multi-fight multi-year contract with Bellator.

Now that the potential of him signing with ufc is gone the zuffa schools are free to say how much he sucks and how he couldn't beat a top fighter

Wonder why he'd do that right now. Their MW division is non-existent.

Good investment. He's not a super fun guy to watch now but could be one of those guys that develops his striking.

Top ten in the world handle him as of yet. But he's 28 and will soon be champion again. He's going to be champion for awhile.

He's the best in that division. Not really a single threat. Not a single fight that I'm excited to see. But he should be able to build himself up.

Im sure coker can build him to a decent draw.. he is a heman looking dude, so im sure coker can do something with him...

I just hope he doesnt pop. I hate to be THAT guy, but the dude is fucking jacked.

I've been a fan of Bellator-Chris Weidman since he subbed Cooper. Both Weidman and Halsey are very much alike, both are American, strong wrestlers, and beat the previous MW champions in upsets. Though the Bellator MW division is nothing like the UFC's, Bellator can still sell him as a dominant champion. Pretty excited to see Halsey beat his first Brazilian (Carvalho) :D

Never even heard of him being a free agent or anyone pushing to see him in UFC.

Brooks, Pitbull and Minakov are the guys people talk about going to UFC and possibly having contracts come up.

Halsey just needs to make weight and do his thing. Saw he was pissed on twitter for not being ranked in the top 10, kind of funny though but its not his fault he fights in the worst Bellator div.

He doesnt have anyone to fight that will launch him into the top 10 and just being a Bellator champ and unbeaten doesnt cut it in every div. Some divs that gets you in whether you deserve it or not but not all of them.

He needs a King Mo to drop down, a Machida to sign with Bellator or a Mamed to sign with Bellator.

I've been a fan of Bellator-Chris Weidman since he subbed Cooper. Both Weidman and Halsey are very much alike, both are American, strong wrestlers, and beat the previous MW champions in upsets. Though the Bellator MW division is nothing like the UFC's, Bellator can still sell him as a dominant champion. Pretty excited to see Halsey beat his first Brazilian (Carvalho) :D

Halsey is alike Weidman as Kennedy might be

Think they would have had to cut the division if Halsey left. Not sure they could sell UFC outcasts like Beltran and Grove fighting for a belt.

Smart move for him he'll probably be getting paid to fight much lesser competition, like Marlon Moraes in WSOF.

Im sure coker can build him to a decent draw.. he is a heman looking dude, so im sure coker can do something with him...

I just hope he doesnt pop. I hate to be THAT guy, but the dude is fucking jacked.

Well he wont be getting popped in Bellator as long as he stays off their Cali cards. The rest are either on the reservation or some state like Oklahoma with a commission that doesnt do anything or have any money.

MW is weak there at 185 but Carmont could be a good test and a legit win. Dont see King Mo making the cut but would be nice even at catch weight

As a fan, if cant be in ufc would like to see Halsey in wsof where there are better stilitic math ups but he is the guy to build the division around for Bellator

Can either move up to LHW and fight some names and top fighters but might not be good enough to be champ.

Or he stays at MW if he can make weight, crushes mediocre fighters like Lombard did and build his name up that way. Hope over the next two years during this contract he smashes dudes and then his next deal maybe UFC will go after him like they did Lombard.

So we get to see a blue-chip MW prospect defeat guys like Kendall Grove over and over and over and over again. While Bellator fans will claim he could beat Weidman.

Way to waste your career, Brandon. It's not a Bellator thing, it's the fact the division is almost non-existent. He has literally no tests ahead.

So we get to see a blue-chip MW prospect defeat guys like Kendall Grove over and over and over and over again. While Bellator fans will claim he could beat Weidman.

Way to waste your career, Brandon. It's not a Bellator thing, it's the fact the division is almost non-existent. He has literally no tests ahead.

Yep, soon you'll see Halsey is Weidman's toughest fight posts popping up.

One guy fights Anderson, Vitor, Machida, Luke, will haev to fight Jacare, Yoel etc.

Other fights Grove, Carvalho and Kato.

Top ten in the world handle him as of yet.

They very well could. But I don't think that statement can be made with confidence. With just how bad the Bellator weight class is its impossible to get a good read on him as a fighter. He COULD be their top fighter we have no way of gauging him accurately.

Back