**Brand new Marcelo Garcia 10 minute roll. Amazing!**

I've tried and it didn't count for much.

Probably true of every guard we all play however, I might last a little while longer with a full closed or lockdown half versus the speed of the butterfly. Marcelo is the best and the only way to have any kind of chance would be to slow the roll down. If its a speed and timing thing I'd be toast in milliseconds instead of seconds. Hahaha.

^ if slowing him down is the key, what about making him play some low full or closed guard by trying to wrestle/bully him with some heavy, heavy top game? Is that even possible? Floridians - is it possible to 'wrestle' Marcelo a bit to try and keep that ridiculous timing and efficiency of movement out of play for a while?

His butterfly/x-guard game is too good to bully with a heavy top game.

^ I agree with this - I was thinking more with a takedown from the feet, since from the knees there would be no way to avoid the butterfly guard. I don't know - from that video, it doesn't look like there is any way to beat him these days. Incredible to watch.

His wrestling is excellent too. I wish I had more details but I know he went with a high level nationally ranked wrestler at a FL seminar and just sparred from standing for takedowns and he was even winning there. Reading his biography in his book, he also did judo for years before he started BJJ. He's even got a great closed guard, even if you never really see it. He's the most complete grappler I've ever seen.

I've rolled with Marcelo. The thing people don't realize about him is that he's ridiculously strong. I outweigh him by 50 pounds, and he pretty much rag-dolled me.

Back