brain cancer killed my friend

pjmeunyc12

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Brain cancer killed my friend yesterday, he was 27 years old. I'm a mixed bag of emotions right now, and I was thinking earlier with all the powerlifting meets, are there any fundraisers or pl meets that are focused on killing this fucking bastard named cancer? You see runs for cancer, I believe there should be pl meets to help benefit cancer research. I also came across an article on powerliftingusa that shows research that backs vitamin C can help prevent cancer. In short, life is short, enjoy it to the max, and guys and girls, please give yourself the monthly checkup for preventative measures. Heres the link to the vitamin C cancer article. :icon_cry2

Powerlifting USA Magazine | Power Nutrition - AUGUST 2010

Lost this girl I fell in love with 3 years ago. its hard to lose someone close.

Ill pray for you friend.

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

Hang in there.:D

Lost my mom to a reoccurring brain-tumor about 3 years back.

Keep strong bro

Sorry to hear that man. Cancer doesnt discriminate, it will go after young, old, black or white its one fucked up disease. I have somewhat of an understanding of what you are going through I just lost a friend of mine she committed suicide about a week ago. She is was a beautiful girl had everything going for her just graduated college with a degree in psychology.

Stay strong man. You and your friend are in my prayers.

Last edited:
I would send a question to Bob Young, he is on elite FTS Q&A section. He has Leukemia. Also, the proceeds from the lift strong gear sold on elite FTS goes to the leukemia and lymphoma society.

It's a tough thing to go through, my friends mom is currently fighting brain cancer...I think it started in her breast, then moved to her bones, and now her brain.

I would send a question to Bob Young, he is on elite FTS Q&A section. He has Leukemia. Also, the proceeds from the lift strong gear sold on elite FTS goes to the leukemia and lymphoma society.

It's a tough thing to go through, my friends mom is currently fighting brain cancer...I think it started in her breast, then moved to her bones, and now her brain.

Good info thanks rckvl. thanks for the kind words everyone.

fuck cancer.

Sorry about your mate fella.

He was my age so I can appreciate how young it is.

Sorry for your loss.

I too recently lost a friend to brain cancer, and a few years back my dog also passed from cancer. Death is a part of life, and sooner or later everybody falls to it. It's just a shame when it happens to someone that young.

I like to think that in death there is no suffering. R.I.P.

Cancer sucks. It's an insiduous disease that destroys the lives of the people who battle it and their families and friends.

Sorry about your friend.

Thanks for the article. I've been taking Vitamin C for about a year now, but only 1000mg. 3000 seems like too much effort. 2000 it is.

Sorry for your loss, my man.

I know North American Strongman Society used to donate a lot of their proceeds to the Leukemia and Lymphoma society because Willie Wessels (founder) was a survivor

Sorry to hear that man. Cancer doesnt discriminate, it will go after young, old, black or white its one fucked up disease. I have somewhat of an understanding of what you are going through I just lost a friend of mine she committed suicide about a week ago. She is was a beautiful girl had everything going for her just graduated college with a degree in psychology.

Stay strong man. You and your friend are in my prayers.

Unfortunately suicide isn't always a clear cut thing. I lost my father (will be two years this Christmas). I was out of town and called him and my mother Christmas day, made plans to go see a movie and eat at a Brazilian steakhouse that Saturday when I was back in town. Two hours later while preparing a roast for Christmas dinner he went out on the back porch and shot himself in the head. You will look for answers and I'm sorry to say you probably won't find many, just more questions. Just remember the good times with that person and let time heal the wound.

Same for the TS, losing someone like that is hard and I think it is very noble that you'd want to turn something you love doing into a means to bring awareness and raise funds for a cure for cancer. Reminds me of the picture in Starting Strength where the dude is squating while wearing his oxygen mask due to his advanced stage of cancer.

Back