Bragging from Korea

dataws6

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I went out to Korean Top Team tonight and ended up training with the Korean Zombie Chun Sung, The Stun Gun Dong Hyun Kim, and Newly signed to the UFC Dong Yi Yang. If you don't know who they are Korean Zombie fights in WEC, The Stun Gun in UFC and of course Dong Yi Yang was just recently signed to the UFC.
To make this a valid thread for the grappling section we only did take downs and submission wrestling at the gym tonight. I watch these fighters closely since I live in South Korea so I also want to see what the rest of you think of them?
I mainly train Gi BJJ so it was a big difference in training style. Less technical and a lot of guys going faster and using a lot of muscle. Don't get me wrong they used their strength well it wasn't like fighting a spaz.
I also got calf sliced for the first time which was an interesting experience, I yelled "TAP TAP TAP" the guy stopped I fell over tried to pull my leg out then he tapped then we had to slowly figure out how the hell we got tied up and untie our legs at that point.
Sorry to brag I just never thought I would see so many MMA fighters hanging out at the same place at that same time especially here in Korea, even though they are Korean...

That's awesome, DHK is one of my favorite WW's in the UFC right now, that dude is so underrated, and he's still undefeated. They need to give him a main card fight!

i was very impressed with Stun Gun after his thrashing of Amir, and of course, that fight Zombie had was awesome display of heart also!

Awesome man! Very cool, and what a great opportunity.

I used to live right next to KTT.. man that gym is small... unless they moved.

Unless they have more than one gym... I recall them being next to children's grand park station (south east of the intersection right next to the station). I often walked home from that station despite it being slightly further than the next one.

I have to admit I'm jealous, Chun Sung and Dong Hyun Kim are a couple of my favorite fighters. Were they just training in an open class? Because I thought pros usually privately trained.

I have been to KTT three times and never saw any fighters I recognized. I thought Stun Gun trained in Busan as well but it is not impossible that he might come up to Seoul to train to mix things up. I think I asked some questions about KTT a long time ago on a thread here and someone explained that the fighters usually train at a different time.

yes the gym is small, and dont quote me on this another american guy told me that Team M.A.D. was training at KTT due to an MMA expo or something like that going on at the COEX Mall. Its still by the childrens grand park.

The guys from Team MAD are up from Busan for our one of our sponsors' conventions (nothing to do with MMA, but we're doing an MMA exhibition there). So, KDH and the guys are training at KTT while they're here. Usually, the team fighters have a different training time, but since the team is at the convention during the day this week, the fighters are showing during the evening public practice. Although, usually several of the team fighters are around during the AM/PM public practices as well.

Back