Brady > Belichick ?

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by yookfarb, Dec 29, 2020.

1. surgeyou1 Welcome to the Machida Era...Part Deux

Go watch the 2018 Divisional and AFC championship games if you think Brady got carried. And the only reason they were against the cap was Belichicks terrible drafting the last 5 years. Thats why they couldn't replace their expensive free agents with cheap young talent

People denying Brady as the GOAT at this point are just pure blind haters.

TapSnapBreak and yookfarb like this.
  2. Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

I heard a 43-year-old finished #3 in passing yards and #2 in passing TDs this year playing for a coach and a team he just joined this season.

Totally normal system QB behavior.

3. yookfarb Red Belt

Lmao how can u say that when it is Bills handpicked team and probably the reason why Brady left... and when Brady went 12-4 with a similar shit team

Brain over Brawn

Jackie Blue likes this.
  4. Dizzy Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Like I said, worst fucking fans in sports.

Imagine throwing Belichick under the bus while refusing to take Tom’s dick out of your mouth.

5. Dizzy Titanium Belt Platinum Member

I don’t think anyone should listen to a single thing you say after comparing Belichick to Jason Garrett.

volodya and Bamboozled like this.
  6. surgeyou1 Welcome to the Machida Era...Part Deux

Did you miss the part I called him the best coach in NFL history?

Jackie Blue likes this.
  7. Dizzy Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Then shut the hell up. Appreciate what you got out of both, and realize that neither is getting another ring without the other anytime soon.

8. surgeyou1 Welcome to the Machida Era...Part Deux

I don't know why you are getting so angry. I just corrected you. I didn't say anything about appreciating one more than the other. Obviously neither one is winning 6 SBs or having 20 years of sustained dominance without each other.

But to deny Brady as the GOAT QB and keep this "system QB" nonsense going is asinine.

Jackie Blue likes this.
  9. Dizzy Titanium Belt Platinum Member

No one is saying that. Any criticism of Brady is met with screeching from Pats fans and they’ll tear down any and everyone to defend him.

It’s fucking weird.

volodya and Bamboozled like this.
  10. surgeyou1 Welcome to the Machida Era...Part Deux

Says the guy screeching about any criticism of Belichick. I said he didn't draft well the last half decade (you can go and look) and you teared down Brady to defend him

It's fucking weird.

Jackie Blue likes this.
  11. yookfarb Red Belt

8-8 > 7-9

12. Dizzy Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Lol, I had the nerve to suggest Brady ended up in a significantly better position this season and every Pat fan on this board freaked the fuck out.

Terrible fans and far too emotionally attached to someone who plays for another team.

13. n...not crazy Silver Belt

That guy in KC throws to Hill and Kelce. Always good to have someone who's open by 5 yards.

volodya and Jackie Blue like this.
  14. Jackie Blue Gold Belt

Don't get me wrong, Belichick did well with the degree of difficulty. There were games like the Arizona game where their improbable win can only be explained by superior coaching. But I think the expectation was for the Pats to win 8 or 9 games. They won 7.

Granted, if Cam had been healthy/better and Edelman hadn't gone out for the season, they probably do win at least that many games, so 7 is good considering the circumstances. But I don't know if you can call that exceeding expectations.

Brady throwing 40 TD and finishing top 10/5 in almost every major statistical category (yards, passer rating, QBR, TD, completions, etc.) and narrowly missing the top 10 in YPA (11th) exceeded expectations much more. They're in the playoffs for the first time in 13 years. They have a good chance to win at least 1 playoff game.

It very well may be the case that the Bucs make the playoffs every season Brady is there while the Pats miss the playoffs every season while Brady is still in the league. Obviously this wouldn't be due to Brady's loss alone. The Pats are struggling to find good players via the Draft or free agency. Give Belichick good players and he makes the most of them. But as he says, it's a player's league, and his poor job as GM makes his HC job even harder.

15. The Diplomat Peace Among Worlds

Sure, but one made it to the playoffs without the other.

16. Dizzy Titanium Belt Platinum Member

One jumped ship to arguably the best setup of skill positions outside of KC.

The other had 1/5 of the roster opt out before the season even started.

Context matters.

volodya likes this.
  17. The Diplomat Peace Among Worlds

Sure. But the team Brady jumped to hasn't been in the playoffs in years, and have been horrible the last few years. The Patriots have been consistently amazing for nearly two decades, and are now doing terrible. One major variable changed, and that was Tom leaving. Gronk too, I suppose.

18. Dizzy Titanium Belt Platinum Member

The Bucs were mediocre and lacking consistent play at QB. The talent outside of that was there. He played well with that talent and made them a better team.

The Diplomat likes this.
  19. The Diplomat Peace Among Worlds

We can agree there.

TBH I figured it would take a bit longer for Tom and the team to mesh well, and start looking like winners. I was impressed.

20. Bamboozled Silver Belt

The expectation of that team, if Belichick wasn't coaching is 3-4 games at most