Brad Morris Interview

man i almost feel bad for cain... too bad this had to be his first fight

Thank you Bacon!

Can't believe it took you lot that many posts before someone responded correctly.

I've only ever met one Australian in real life. His name was Roger and he was one of the funniest people I have ever met. Drinking with that dude meant waking up with a serious hangover and an aching side from laughing all night.

shall we take bets between ourselves on a) how long it will take Brad and b) how we will murder cain?

...one of the funniest people I have ever met. Drinking with that dude meant waking up with a serious hangover and an aching side from laughing all night.

Agreed. Met a few and some Kiwis too over the years. Man, I'd love to go there: cause then I'd be the funny guy with the cool accent.

Can I ask a question real quick?

Just because he posts here, he's now going to destroy Cain Velasquez?

LMAO

There must be a reason that a 2 - 0 Cain Velasquez is getting a shot right?

You think it's just coincidence?

When is the last time someone got a UFC fight, and not via TUF, as a 2 - 0 fighter?

Anything can happen and Cain could get KTFO by the worst KO ever, but whatever.

No, I'm not going to make a Sig or Av bet.

Why?

Because I don't want to have a pink dick or a vagina as an avatar because the guy that I think is going to win chokes. I'm not doing that.

And Bacon, fuck off dude. You think I'm the one trying to stir up shit because I don't think that Brad Morris is going to beat Cain?

Morris, a GnP guy that wins on top, is going to outwrestle and out position Cain Velasquez in order to grind out a UD or a TKO stoppage?

Where do you get that idea?

If Cain keeps it on the feet and starts losing for some reason, all he has to do is take Brad down, which he'll most likely be able to do without too much effort. His wrestling background is about 3,000 times greater than Brad's.

But he might not be able to do that because he might not do deadlifts or 20 rep squats. Hell, he might not even be able to close the CoC#2 either.

I've also heard that Cain does LSD running, so I'm sure his Type II muscle fibers might not be up to par. They may have been soaked in too much lactic acid and taken on the role of the Type I fiber. God help him if that's the case.

Guys, Polynikes is entitled to his opinion. He makes a decent arguement and thinks that Cain will win. I have no issue with that.

It sounds like he believes that Cain is the deserving favourite, and should have the skills to handle a guy (me) who has won most of his fights via ground and pound. Like it or not a lot of other people hold this opinion, other top level fighters and trainers tend to agree that Cain should be able to beat me.

But I am not unfamiliar with being seen as the underdog (or even lamb to te slaughter) thats fine with me. One of my favourite sayings is "A Victory without danger is a triumph without glory".

To me its better to fight a great guy and lose than to fight chumps and win.

As I have said before I really do appreciate the support from S&P and regardless of the outcome on Saturday I will still post here and continue to contribute and learn new things. But this is a tough fight, Cain is no chump and will be a very tough opponent. But that is one of the reasons I started fighting. To test myself against strong, tough skilled guys.

Guys, Polynikes is entitled to his opinion. He makes a decent arguement and thinks that Cain will win. I have no issue with that.

It sounds like he believes that Cain is the deserving favourite, and should have the skills to handle a guy (me) who has won most of his fights via ground and pound. Like it or not a lot of other people hold this opinion, other top level fighters and trainers tend to agree that Cain should be able to beat me.

But I am not unfamiliar with being seen as the underdog (or even lamb to te slaughter) thats fine with me. One of my favourite sayings is "A Victory without danger is a triumph without glory".

To me its better to fight a great guy and lose than to fight chumps and win.

As I have said before I really do appreciate the support from S&P and regardless of the outcome on Saturday I will still post here and continue to contribute and learn new things. But this is a tough fight, Cain is no chump and will be a very tough opponent. But that is one of the reasons I started fighting. To test myself against strong, tough skilled guys.

Good post

Brad, I respect the hell out of you and I'm very happy that you're getting this shot.

You definitely seem deserving of it, and I hope that you put on a very good show.

But like you said, I'm entitled to my opinion, and just because it may not be popular in S&P to voice it, I'm still entitled to it.

So good luck to you Saturday night man, and good luck to Cain too.

I don't hold anything against you, nor do I have some blind faith to Cain.

I wish the best for both of you, and I hope the best man wins.

I feel sorry for him too.

He's getting a UFC fight as a 2 - 0 fighter.

I can't think of a worse scenario.

Its not that we don't think Cain is a good fighter mate, its just the damn HYPE! Why do you guys hype up someone who has had two not so good fights and compare him to fedor etc, its a damn joke though, i have serious doubts about Cain from his last fight, when he couldn't put away someone who crawling an the floor via punches, then people are saying he will win via GNP, he will, tell me how is that possible when Brad has won via strong grounp and pound?

Anyway, talk is cheap and tommorow is judgment day for the mega hyped up Cain velasquez, the right thing to say here is to both fighter, GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A CLEAN FAIR FIGHT!!

Ps. Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!!

Its not that we don't think Cain is a good fighter mate, its just the damn HYPE! Why do you guys hype up someone who has had two of the worst fights ive ever seen and compare him to fedor etc, its a damn joke though, i have serious doubts about Cain from his last fight, when he couldn't put away someone who crawling an the floor via punches, then people are saying he will win via GNP, tell me how is that possible when Brad has won via strong grounp and pound?

Anyway, talk is cheap and tommorow is judgment day for the mega hyped up Cain velasquez, the right thing to say here is to both fighter, GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A CLEAN FAIR FIGHT!!

Ps. Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!!

Dude, I said good luck to both of them.

I also said that Cain could lose via the worst KO ever.

But there is no reason for me to think that Cain, with his wrestling pedigree, is going to lose to a GnP guy like Brad Morris.

IMO, and I could be wrong, but the only way Cain loses this fight by TKO stoppage is if he gasses and chokes.

You do realize that the fight that you saw of Cain's was only after 5 months of training right?

Hype is hype and I can't stand hype, but some things can't be denied. And it's hard to deny a legit wrestler is hard to beat by GnP. GnP requires top control, and gaining top control against a wrestler as good as Cain is hard to do.

It's not that I don't like Brad Morris, it's just that I don't think it's going to be easy to get on top of Cain and stay there.

Dude, I said good luck to both of them.

I also said that Cain could lose via the worst KO ever.

But there is no reason for me to think that Cain, with his wrestling pedigree, is going to lose to a GnP guy like Brad Morris.

IMO, and I could be wrong, but the only way Cain loses this fight by TKO stoppage is if he gasses and chokes.

You do realize that the fight that you saw of Cain's was only after 5 months of training right?

Hype is hype and I can't stand hype, but some things can't be denied. And it's hard to deny a legit wrestler is hard to beat by GnP. GnP requires top control, and gaining top control against a wrestler as good as Cain is hard to do.

It's not that I don't like Brad Morris, it's just that I don't think it's going to be easy to get on top of Cain and stay there.

But his wreslting wasn't that crash hot, either way your entitled to your opinion as i am to mine, the best man will win tommorow night, and dismiss claims made by people.

Poly is entitled to his opinion and he respected Brad. Brad doesnt seem to have a problem with what he said. stylistically this will be a difficult fight on paper for Brad.

will be an awesome fight.

Predictions are like Polyn-, I mean, assholes. We'll see on fight night. War Brad.

Back