Boxing will outsell the UFC in PPVS this year

TS, how can PPV buys alone support your claim that the UFC is dying?

But look what it took to get 1.1m (It actually did 1.025m)
It took Anderson Silva getting KO'd after dicking around for an entire round.
UFC 168 numbers isnt a norm for the UFC.
Silva losing was a big deal and hes now retired and the UFC's biggest stars are topping out at 350k

You mean Floyd Mayweather will outsell the UFC in PPVS this year? Because Boxing isn't selling anything outside of Floyd.

It's kind of hard to build fighters in to stars when their own promoter is bashing them at every turn.

You mean Floyd Mayweather will outsell the UFC in PPVS this year? Because Boxing isn't selling anything outside of Floyd.

Pacquiao, Canelo, and Cotto will all beat Jone Jones/Ronda numbers this year.

Your the guy who says why spend $8 on a burger at Red Robin when you can get 8 McDoubles at McDonalds.
Enjoy your generic fast food mma style of fighting.
Boxings too much of a science for you.
I prefer Five Guys since we don't have Red Robin. It is more like boxing is a hamburger with ketchup and mustard. MMA is a hamburger with ketchup, mustard, onions, tomatoes, and jalapeno peppers.

But for whatever it is worth most modern boxing matches bore me to death. A lot of MMA also bores me, but much less than boxing.

Is this the part where boxing and MMA fans pretend to hate one another for the sake of arguing?

Who cares? More people watch football than hockey, what does that prove? I bet WAY more people watch MMA on TV than Boxing. You have to watch the only 2 boxers most know on PPV, MMA is on multiple stations for free. WHY? Because more people like MMA than boxing!
Excellent points. When do we get to see any top boxers for free live?

At the end of the day, both platforms are beginning to realize the juice may not be worth the PPV squeeze. Floyd Mayweather has gone under the break even line for his PPVs for the 2nd time in 3 fights, Bob Arum bemoaned the buyrate for Pac/Bradley and while I have high hopes for Sergio/Cotto and Lara/Angulo doing big numbers, the reality is both cards could roll into the station doing what UFC 172 did.

Who cares?
Just enjoy the sport you prefer, I prefer the fast action of MMA, you prefer boxing.
The UFC isn't dying, boxing isn't dying so we can both keep enjoying the sports we like, everybody wins. What do PPV numbers have to do with that?

This is probably a too mature response to a thread like this, but I'm 30 years old and I'm tired of typical sherdog threads and responses.
Why bother? I don't know, sometimes you just have to give a normal response in the hope to find another normal voice out there.

well said
I personally like both
boxing was my favorite as a kid but gotta go with mma now
would watch either tho

Trolls are annoying, but I guess that's the point. I hope the ts gets his wish and takes a bullet for FM.

meanwhile goldenboy live and espn fight nights are averaging 200k viewers per event

ps mayweather maidana didnt even do 900k buys lol

double ps: why do boxing fans come on this forum, i dont see mma fans going to theirs, i smell the fear!

Everyone knows Pacman and Floyd are huge ppv sellers your really not bringing anything new up.

Your also leaving out that a lot of these are not all in one boxing company.

Pretty sure that when boxing was 20 years old, televisions had yet to be invented.

TS makes a lot of excellent points. MMA is treading water, guys. The Bellator PPV (at $35) is the best MMA PPV I have ordered this year by far, and I dont see any UFC events on the horizon worth getting excited about. At $65 a pop for a bunch of lackluster fights, the UFC just isnt worth paying for any longer.

Boxing OTOH has plenty to offer this year. Martinez/Cotto is going to be a fun fight. Pac/Marquez is going to be great (as it always is). Money May is going to sell like hot cakes (regardless of which hand-picked schlub he chooses to embarrass). If Golovkin and Martinez also happens this year, watch out. That one will be a blast to see.

Boxing was never dead or even remotely dying. It is still the biggest combat sport in the world and nothing will ever change that. MMA can not overtake it and never will. It just is not respected enough as a sport, and the UFC is not worthy of the proper respect to do so.

i never said MMA will overtake boxing, but just think about what they achieved in such a young age.

and MMA is not dying either, UFC is kinda matured and the growth are not been significant, but MMA still growing like shit. i mean if you look at other MMA org in Asia, holly shit. they have been doing so well. One FC just put what i think the best card they ever made. MMA is doing well and so does Boxing, so TS thread are pointless

Thats what most men do in a fight.

Rodrick.nope.gif

I have been a UFC fan since 1994 and I really don't give a shit about "how much money they make". Fuck mainstream. How does Dana/Fertita getting richer matter to me? They are filthy rich and UFC is already global anyway.

Back