Boxing will outsell the UFC in PPVS this year

Doubt it, the UFC will have twice as many PPVs as boxing this year. But Boxing will smash the UFC in buys per event.

The UFC will have 13 ppvs this year.
Boxing will have 8, possibly 10 depending on a few things.
Boxings already in the lead and the UFC has no big fights that can match the magnitude of what boxing has left.

The World Cup will be watched by 2 billion people this year but who gives a fuck it's a different sport. Just like boxing.

You sound like you need someone to talk to.
Have you fallen on tough times lately?

Yeah, my butler just refused to polish my yacht so I'll have to buy a new yacht that shiny, Bill Gates cancelled our dinner plans and Guinness is not returning my calls concerning my 'biggest dick' record.
These are tough times indeed.
Luckily I have the UFC to watch and Floyd Mayweatcher to shine my shoes (that's all he's good for anyway). Hey, maybe Floyd can polish my yacht!
Oh man, what a great idea, thanks TS, the sun shines again!

The UFC is a dying business that can't get a ppv over 350k.
UFC 173 and UFC 174 are absolute shit and probably will get a combined ppv buyrate of 400k.

The UFC will have 13 ppvs while boxing will have at least 8 but possibly 10 ppvs this year.

UFC after 4 ppvs this year is at 1.22m ppv buys
Boxing after 3 ppvs has done between 2.05-2.15m. (still waiting on Mayweather-Maidana numbers but apparently it did it least 900k)

I dont see how the UFC is going to outsell boxing when we still have another Mayweather fight and a Pacquiao-Marquez 5 fight in November.
Canelo Alvarez still has 2 ppvs that will be big sellers.
Cotto-Martinez is less than a month away and that will do over 500k.
Julio Cesar Chavez Jr vs Gennady Golovkin is still a big possibility.

Looks like the UFC aint as big as you thought it was

The only 2 guys that are the big sellers are floyd and manny. They are both at the end of their careers, with possibly 1 or 2 more fights left. that's it. Those other guys you mentioned, will not out sell the ufc. not by a long shot. So right now, manny and floyd fighting, will have big numbers, those numbers are fleeting and won't last.

I just heard you mention it.
Wow.
Such a popular sport that even your mentioning it without even knowing it.
Thats a testament to the greatness of boxing.

Well, I do occasionally see people mentioning it on Sherdog. Some people are obsessive about fighting sports. I guess Fairweather and Pacman are popular, it seems.

The only 2 guys that are the big sellers are floyd and manny. They are both at the end of their careers, with possibly 1 or 2 more fights left. that's it. Those other guys you mentioned, will not out sell the ufc. not by a long shot. So right now, manny and floyd fighting, will have big numbers, those numbers are fleeting and won't last.

HAHA, Yea cuz Jose Aldo and his roaring 180k ppv buyrate is whats going to save the UFC.
Canelos ppv earlier this year has out sold every UFC ppv this year.

Yeah, my butler just refused to polish my yacht so I'll have to buy a new yacht that shiny, Bill Gates cancelled our dinner plans and Guinness is not returning my calls concerning my 'biggest dick' record.
These are tough times indeed.
Luckily I have the UFC to watch and Floyd Mayweatcher to shine my shoes (that's all he's good for anyway). Hey, maybe Floyd can polish my yacht!
Oh man, what a great idea, thanks TS, the sun shines again!

If that isnt a cry for help then I dont know what is.

Well UFC has outsold them in the last 7 years or something like that so its about time boxing outsells them.

UFC not having their Floyd and manny this year plus Pettis, Cain being out till the end of the year is the reason.

yeah, how much PPV that boxing sell when they are 20 years old ?

Well UFC has outsold them in the last 7 years or something like that so its about time boxing outsells them.

UFC not having their Floyd and manny this year plus Pettis, Cain being out till the end of the year is the reason.

No the reason is that boxing is doing more ppvs this year.
The UFC has 13 ppvs a year on average. That was due to them not having a network to broadcast their fights on.
Boxing was doing only 4 ppv fights a year since most fights occurred on HBO and Showtime.
During this time it was typical of mma fans to claim that the UFC sells more ppvs because its more popular. That simply isnt true.
It would be like saying the MLB is more popular the the NFL because it gets a higher attendance in a single year than the NFL does.
Well of course. The MLB has 162 games a year while the NFL has 16.
But the NFL is way more popular and gets a higher attendance per game than the MLB does.

If you were to add up all the UFC on Fox's, UFC PPVS and Fight nights compared to boxing on ppv and HBO and Showtime. You would see that boxing gets way more viewers a year.

With boxing having more ppvs this year, it is showing its power by easily beating the UFC in total sales while STILL having less ppvs.

A boxing fan trolling a UFC forum is a testament to MMA's popularity.

Its more of a testament to boxings greatness and how boxings reach is so compelling that it reaches MMA boards.

MMA discussion dont exist on boxing boards.

I am there messenger.

I never realized that getting on Network TV (the big leagues) was considered a dying business. They must be doing really terrible to make less money than last year when they are putting on the most events they ever have. Man, they are struggling so much that they have to put on 54 events this year. Their revenue stream is declining so much that they are going to spend more money on more events just to try to stay above water.

Has there ever been a year where the UFC outsold boxing?

The UFC is a dying business that can't get a ppv over 350k.
UFC 173 and UFC 174 are absolute shit and probably will get a combined ppv buyrate of 400k.

The UFC will have 13 ppvs while boxing will have at least 8 but possibly 10 ppvs this year.

UFC after 4 ppvs this year is at 1.22m ppv buys
Boxing after 3 ppvs has done between 2.05-2.15m. (still waiting on Mayweather-Maidana numbers but apparently it did it least 900k)

I dont see how the UFC is going to outsell boxing when we still have another Mayweather fight and a Pacquiao-Marquez 5 fight in November.
Canelo Alvarez still has 2 ppvs that will be big sellers.
Cotto-Martinez is less than a month away and that will do over 500k.
Julio Cesar Chavez Jr vs Gennady Golovkin is still a big possibility.

Looks like the UFC aint as big as you thought it was

LOL feeling bit insecure ?

Next year you will post same shit. Then another next year again. Call me Sherlock.

Don't worry, MMA/UFC is here and is not going anywhere.

Fact: mma has more fans now than it's ever had

Fact: majority of people who were ever boxing fans are now dead

Its more of a testament to boxings greatness and how boxings reach is so compelling that it reaches MMA boards.

MMA discussion dont exist on boxing boards.

I am there messenger.

LOL messenger ?

Why don't you take your pills today ? About time..

I never realized that getting on Network TV (the big leagues) was considered a dying business. They must be doing really terrible to make less money than last year when they are putting on the most events they ever have. Man, they are struggling so much that they have to put on 54 events this year. Their revenue stream is declining so much that they are going to spend more money on more events just to try to stay above water.

Has there ever been a year where the UFC outsold boxing?

Its like the board game RISK.
You never spread yourself so thin across the board. Thats how you get taken over quickly.
Thats what the UFC is doing.
Getting a network deal doesnt mean shit. It shows that FOX fucked up.
The FOX shows have been steady plummeting and are getting around 2m viewers a show.

Losing GSP and Silva is the beginning of the end.

Back