Boxing will outsell the UFC in PPVS this year

DeJulez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The UFC is a dying business that can't get a ppv over 350k.
UFC 173 and UFC 174 are absolute shit and probably will get a combined ppv buyrate of 400k.

The UFC will have 13 ppvs while boxing will have at least 8 but possibly 10 ppvs this year.

UFC after 4 ppvs this year is at 1.22m ppv buys
Boxing after 3 ppvs has done between 2.05-2.15m. (still waiting on Mayweather-Maidana numbers but apparently it did it least 900k)

I dont see how the UFC is going to outsell boxing when we still have another Mayweather fight and a Pacquiao-Marquez 5 fight in November.
Canelo Alvarez still has 2 ppvs that will be big sellers.
Cotto-Martinez is less than a month away and that will do over 500k.
Julio Cesar Chavez Jr vs Gennady Golovkin is still a big possibility.

Looks like the UFC aint as big as you thought it was

I believe it.
Pacquiao-Marquez will push the boxing numbers higher than UFCs for sure

not sure why youre so intent in bashing the UFC tho

I'll believe it when insecure boxing fans stop making threads in this forum.

The UFC is a dying business that can't get a ppv over 350k.

They just did 1.1 million 5 months ago.

UFC 173 and UFC 174 are absolute shit and probably will get a combined ppv buyrate of 400k.

Can't argue there, but the UFC can still do good numbers when it decides to put on a good card.

Only because Andy Wang and a lot of good fighters are on free tv instead of PPVS. Argument besmirched.

Boxing could sell 1 billion PPVs, I still wouldn't watch it. MMA > boxing every time.

They just did 1.1 million 5 months ago.

But look what it took to get 1.1m (It actually did 1.025m)
It took Anderson Silva getting KO'd after dicking around for an entire round.
UFC 168 numbers isnt a norm for the UFC.
Silva losing was a big deal and hes now retired and the UFC's biggest stars are topping out at 350k

Do you have any numbers on how the world wide profit of both are?

Boxing could sell 1 billion PPVs, I still wouldn't watch it. MMA > boxing every time.

Your the guy who says why spend $8 on a burger at Red Robin when you can get 8 McDoubles at McDonalds.
Enjoy your generic fast food mma style of fighting.
Boxings too much of a science for you.

And what, take your boxing numbers and shove them up your arse...i like boxing

Who cares?
Just enjoy the sport you prefer, I prefer the fast action of MMA, you prefer boxing.
The UFC isn't dying, boxing isn't dying so we can both keep enjoying the sports we like, everybody wins. What do PPV numbers have to do with that?

This is probably a too mature response to a thread like this, but I'm 30 years old and I'm tired of typical sherdog threads and responses.
Why bother? I don't know, sometimes you just have to give a normal response in the hope to find another normal voice out there.

Who cares?
Just enjoy the sport you prefer, I prefer the fast action of MMA, you prefer boxing.
The UFC isn't dying, boxing isn't dying so we can both keep enjoying the sports we like, everybody wins. What do PPV numbers have to do with that?

This is probably a too mature response to a thread like this, but I'm 30 years old and I'm tired of typical sherdog threads and responses.
Why bother? I don't know, sometimes you just have to give a normal response in the hope to find another normal voice out there.

You sound like you need someone to talk to.
Have you fallen on tough times lately?

Boxing still exists? I can't remember the last time I even heard anyone mention it. Well, I guess you learn something new every day.

MMA is garbage. It truly is. It's pure garbage. But it's garbage I like.

Boxing still exists? I can't remember the last time I even heard anyone mention it. Well, I guess you learn something new every day.

I just heard you mention it.
Wow.
Such a popular sport that even your mentioning it without even knowing it.
Thats a testament to the greatness of boxing.

Doubt it, the UFC will have twice as many PPVs as boxing this year. But Boxing will smash the UFC in buys per event.

Back