Boxing vs. MMA/Toney vs. Couture/Etc.

MMA has no written rules in terms of fighting style.

What your really finding out is who is the better fighter inside MMA rules, Randy or Toney. Lets see them do boxing next.

It doesn't prove anything related to whats effective.

it proves 100% whats more effective in beating someone given the ability to box or MMA.....

the boxer has all the chance in the world to box the crap out of the MMA guy!!! if its so great then the boxer will win, if not then its not...

using only one weapon is not as good as using many - this is why the army doesnt only use rifles and rifles only to fight a war. come on, get real....

the days of thinking a point an shoot dual to fight a war are over- just as thinking fighting only involves punches lol

MMA has no written rules in terms of fighting style.

What your really finding out is who is the better fighter inside MMA rules, Randy or Toney. Lets see them do boxing next.

It doesn't prove anything related to whats effective.

Actually it does. Let a boxer use all the skills he knows vs. all the skills a mixed martial artist knows. Doesn't matter whether it's in a ring or cage or what length the rounds are.

actually it does. Let a boxer use all the skills he knows vs. All the skills a mixed martial artist knows. Doesn't matter whether it's in a ring or cage or what length the rounds are.

++1

No thread currently on the front page of the boxing forum.

At a day out from the fight, I'm going to go out on a limb and say not much buzz.

I will say this though.. Toney will do better in this realm than Couture could do in his.. and that should tell you something about mma...

What it will tell us is that a wrestling/grappling background is better than a straight boxing background in a fight. Anyone can figure out how to hit someone else, but being able to roll and control your opponent is a different story.

I go to a pretty old school boxing gym and an MMA gym and the people in my MMA gym give Toney a better chance

it proves 100% whats more effective in beating someone given the ability to box or MMA.....

the boxer has all the chance in the world to box the crap out of the MMA guy!!! if its so great then the boxer will win, if not then its not...

using only one weapon is not as good as using many - this is why the army doesnt only use rifles and rifles only to fight a war. come on, get real....

the days of thinking a point an shoot dual to fight a war are over- just as thinking fighting only involves punches lol

Actually it does. Let a boxer use all the skills he knows vs. all the skills a mixed martial artist knows. Doesn't matter whether it's in a ring or cage or what length the rounds are.

MMA is a SPORT with RULES. It's NOT a street fight.

This fight doesn't prove who the better street fighter is. It proves who the better fighter under MMA rules is.

This is what Toney/randy is going to look like, skip to the 2:25 mark. ignore all the posturing in the beginning

This fight doesn't prove who the better street fighter is. It proves who the better fighter under MMA rules is.

MMA has the fewest rules by far over boxing. Thus MMA is much, much closer to a street fight. In fact one part of MMA, Brazilian Jujitsu, was designed specifically for the streets and beats other martial artists with no knowledge of it every time. Once again, boxers need special rules(and a LOT of them) to be effective.

this is such a lame argument, how many bar/street fights have you seen where they nut punch, eye gouge, or fish hook? Ive seen hundreds of them and never seen any of that shit. It's all punches, takedowns, knees, and soccer kicks.

MMA has the fewest rules by far over boxing. Thus MMA is much, much closer to a street fight. In fact one part of MMA, Brazilian Jujitsu, was designed specifically for the streets and beats other martial artists with no knowledge of it every time. Once again, boxers need special rules(and a LOT of them) to be effective.

lol at bjj designed specifically for the streets! just lol! It seems that you bought big time into the Gracie/Ufc1 propaganda.

I dont want to enter this discussion, street fighting is too random to even make statements over it, and after the advent of guns all this is a bit absurd but i shall say two things:

First: mma is not "much closer" to a street fight than boxing, netiher of them had nothing to do with street fighting, as theres no such thing as "street fighting". There are, certainly, a lot of fights in the street - more than we

Last edited:
this is such a lame argument, how many bar/street fights have you seen where they nut punch, eye gouge, or fish hook? Ive seen hundreds of them and never seen any of that shit. It's all punches, takedowns, knees, and soccer kicks.

:icon_lol::icon_lol: Street fighters in the house :icon_lol:

In a real fight, you avoid the ground at all costs and if you are capable enough on the feet, the fight will never get to the ground. Its finished on the feet, ALMOST ALWAYS WITH PUNCHES.

That ridiculous 99% of fights go to the ground is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. And often the only reason why it went to the ground is because the people throwing punches are absolute newbies who throw punches like a vegetarian school girl.

There's very, very little discussion on the matchup on the boxing-only forums I've visited and I don't think I've yet seen it mentioned from someone in the boxing-only media.

Nobody seems to care on the boxing side of it. As others have pointed out, the reason very well could be because Toney has become largely irrelevant in the boxing world.

You'll see that change if Toney KTFO Couture. It'll be the big buzz of this forum. Taunting threads galore, Kid McCoy masterbating to them.

You'll see that change if Toney KTFO Couture. It'll be the big buzz of this forum. Taunting threads galore, Kid McCoy masterbating to them.

And if Couture wins, you'll grab your ankles for your boyfriend.

:icon_lol::icon_lol: Street fighters in the house :icon_lol:

i never said ive been in one, if you went to college or regularly go out to bars in a major city you've probably seen a bunch too. and when you have was there nut shots, biting, eye gouging, fish hooks like all you people say goes on in "real fights" lol. Hell i dont think ive ever seen a police report on a fight or brawl mentioning that shit and ive seen a lot of police reports.

just do a lame e-suicide and be gone with the rest of your emo period bitches

In a real fight, you avoid the ground at all costs and if you are capable enough on the feet, the fight will never get to the ground. Its finished on the feet, ALMOST ALWAYS WITH PUNCHES.

That ridiculous 99% of fights go to the ground is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. And often the only reason why it went to the ground is because the people throwing punches are absolute newbies who throw punches like a vegetarian school girl.

so toney will avoid the ground at all costs with his boxing skills, lets see how that works out for him

so toney will avoid the ground at all costs with his boxing skills, lets see how that works out for him

What if both wear boots and the floor was crowded with broken crystal, would Randy go for a double? what if Toney would have a broken bottle in his hand, would Randy go the for the greco hug?

All this is absurd. MMA and boxing are great, beautiful sports, dont mix them with the dirt & uglyness of street fighting here.

Just let it go...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back