boxing vs K1

HW boxing journeyman Frans Botha has wins over 2 of the greatest K1 fighters in history. (in K1, not boxing)

I thought this said KY. so I'll see myself out.

Mundine v jwp has just been signed down under.

Its a different world, when a boxer hits you compared to any other discipline hitting you. That first jab hurt him. And that first right hand destroyed him before the left hook came in and then he started teeing off.

Its a different world, when a boxer hits you compared to any other discipline hitting you. That first jab hurt him. And that first right hand destroyed him before the left hook came in and then he started teeing off.

It's got nothing to do with punching power.
It's the nuances, boxing IQ, defensive measures, distance management.... You see Chester feinting a lead hand, Sefo reacts to it by reaching with both hands, which is as amateurish as it gets... And this opens the way for the follow-up right hand that puts his lights out. I think Sefo wanted to catch it with the lead and counter with the right, but it was at the wrong distance.

Technique also plays a part. You can see that Sefo's punching technique isnt as fluid, nor is his overall movement. Balance seems off too, though I'm not sure about that, not a boxing coach here... But you could see the same things when Floyd had a sparring session with McGregor.

It's got nothing to do with punching power.
It's the nuances, boxing IQ, defensive measures, distance management.... You see Chester feinting a lead hand, Sefo reacts to it by reaching with both hands, which is as amateurish as it gets... And this opens the way for the follow-up right hand that puts his lights out. I think Sefo wanted to catch it with the lead and counter with the right, but it was at the wrong distance.

Technique also plays a part. You can see that Sefo's punching technique isnt as fluid, nor is his overall movement. Balance seems off too, though I'm not sure about that, not a boxing coach here... But you could see the same things when Floyd had a sparring session with McGregor.
Never said it did. But it does have something to do with power.
But also technique, which is why I said its a different world when a boxer hits you, all those come into play.

HW boxing journeyman Frans Botha has wins over 2 of the greatest K1 fighters in history. (in K1, not boxing)
wins by injuries I'll admit the JLB was ok but Aerts hurt himself kicking Botha less then 2 mins into the fight not a legit win.

wins by injuries I'll admit the JLB was ok but Aerts hurt himself kicking Botha less then 2 mins into the fight not a legit win.
He advanced in the tourney.

due to Aerts hurting himself and JLB injuring the same arm he broke vs Hoost. Botha was a tough guy that hung around but he wasn't out right beating K-1 guys he was 3-10 in K-1 with 2 of those wins being by injury.

Omg. A ——/ vs boxing thread. Super original.

<Varys01>

Let's just stick with K1 forum vs Boxing forum.
Check out those thread numbers.

Years back when there was a grappling forum and a general striking forum (which included kickboxing, MT, karate, boxing,....) they were first tossing around the idea of separating out kickboxing/MT and boxing to have their own separate forums (as they obviously do now).
You had MANY MT guys saying that the boxing sub would fold immediately due to lack of interest. Guys like Silver Wolf constantly shitting on the popularity of boxing. And with respects to the forums saying that boxing only had any relevance at sherdog (discussion-wise) because it was lumped into the general striking forum. If it were to have it's own forum it would go belly up quickly. Shame most of those guys don't even post here any more.

But, when it comes to talk of K1ers crossing over to boxing... how is that not a good thing?
To have more guys competing only benefits the sport.

If they come over and have success I just don't see that as being a bad thing.

But, when it comes to talk of K1ers crossing over to boxing... how is that not a good thing?
To have more guys competing only benefits the sport.

If they come over and have success I just don't see that as being a bad thing.

K1 is totally dead.

due to Aerts hurting himself and JLB injuring the same arm he broke vs Hoost. Botha was a tough guy that hung around but he wasn't out right beating K-1 guys he was 3-10 in K-1 with 2 of those wins being by injury.

In terms of this John Wayne Parr (Muay Thai/K1) is fighting Anthony Mundine.

Having had many dealings with John Wayne Parr, I'm certain he'll beat Mundine easily.

As a fan of both sports I find it funny when people try to prop up their favorite as the untouchable king of combat sports lol

K1 is totally dead.

K-1 has been steadily growing for years now and they have quite the resurection going on. The sport as a whole could be considered bigger than its ever been.

I'm a fan of boxing, but most boxers would get eaten alive in a kickboxing match.

Back